Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-31-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Want Shawne Williams?

Sixers need a back-up wing, Pacers need a back-up big. Shawne Williams for Jason Smith straight up?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Want Shawne Williams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Sixers need a back-up wing, Pacers need a back-up big. Shawne Williams for Jason Smith straight up?
Nope. We lose Jason Smith then all we have is Marreese Speights as a backup big. We'd rather give you Willie Green, but we'd want more than Shawne Williams for him.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Nope. We lose Jason Smith then all we have is Marreese Speights as a backup big. We'd rather give you Willie Green, but we'd want more than Shawne Williams for him.

yeah...what he said!
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I personally wouldn't mind him if Speights can play C. Saying it in another way, even giving up Smith we still have Speights (and Evans at PF) but right now Sixers have no backup SF.

I would pull the trigger.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

giving up smith would be a huge mistake as he is one of our best perimeter shooters.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I personally wouldn't mind him if Speights can play C. Saying it in another way, even giving up Smith we still have Speights (and Evans at PF) but right now Sixers have no backup SF.

I would pull the trigger.
I don't trust Speights as a primary backup just yet. I like how our bigs are pretty deep right now.

Dalembert/Smith/Speights
Brand/Evans/Speights

If we lose Smith it pretty much gets knocked down to...

Dalembert/Speights
Brand/Evans

Brand and Evans are 6'8" and 6'7" so we lack height at the position. I'd rather keep our depth up there because in case of an injury or foul trouble.

Plus think about it...do you really want a guy who's getting into trouble every other month backing up your 20 year old future? Williams could make a mess of our team chemistry. Adding him would be more to put a body there than to really fill a need. I still say we use Willie/trade exception for a backup 3. Throw in a 2nd rounder if we need to. Guys I'd want that could be attainable are...

Morris Peterson (they have Butler, Peja, Posey, and Wright there)
Raja Bell (if he can play the 3, 40% shooter from 3)
Francisco Garcia (39% shooter from 3, 12ppg scorer, good defender)
Ime Udoka (37% from 3)

Kareem Rush alone doesn't fix our 3 point shooting. He might have moved us from 30th in the league to 24th. We still need another shooter if we can get it. Quentin Richardson is also someone I wouldn't mind. He's got an 8 mil contract, expires in 2 years, but I'm sure the Knicks will want to keep that for the LeBron sweepstakes.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Raja can't play the 3 in a normal lineup, and i would never trade Smith for Williams
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'll pass! Smith gives us such a different dimension with our big men with his ability to hit the mid range jumper. Now that I got to really think about this deal while writing hell no.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 AM   #9
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
I'll pass! Smith gives us such a different dimension with our big men with his ability to hit the mid range jumper. Now that I got to really think about this deal while writing hell no.
I have to agree. I am looking forward to watching the growth of this kid. He seems to have a lot of potential with his offensive game.
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #10
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bet you'd do it now!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Bet you'd do it now!
Nope. I don't want Shawne Williams for free.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Bet you'd do it now!
Nope. I wouldn't want Shawne Williams for free.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Nope. I wouldn't want Shawne Williams for free.

You're drinking again.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
You're drinking again.
Nahhh. Just his character. Seems like he's in trouble every other month. Don't want that backing up my 19 year old sf.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #15
ducksoup
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ducksoup has an OK reputation so far

I pass on Shawne Williams.
ducksoup is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: