Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 04:02 AM   #46
wozzler
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: Why I respect Lebron more than DWade

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
it hurts the game in general...

that is like saying if a wide reciver can go deep and constantly draw pass interferance then why not do it?....because it is angling the rules to work in your favor rather than using your skills the way it is ment to be played. the way the refs were treating Wade made it impossible for dallas to even try to play defense...Dallas was pretty much forced to just let him drive and score.

i think you should be blaming the refs and not wade. i'm pretty sure if i was in that situation, i would draw the foul and take the championship ring.
wozzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:09 AM   #47
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzler
i think you should be blaming the refs and not wade. i'm pretty sure if i was in that situation, i would draw the foul and take the championship ring.
true enough but the question here is "should we respect you for it?"

wade using the refs in his favor is a legit reason to lose respect for him imo
Old 06-14-2007, 04:13 AM   #48
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
he is trying to act professonal just like every athlete in the world minus Dennis Rodman and Artest.

No he isnt. He is trying to not show any of his personality. Jordan told jokes, Shaq tells jokes, Barkley told jokes, Magic told jokes, Bird and Isiah talked trash. I just dont know when it became a rule to check what makes you you at the door. Nearly all the players go for the PC crap now and it's offensive. Do they think we are that stupid to think that everyone in the NBA was cut from the same cookie cutter?
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #49
joe
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
No he isnt. He is trying to not show any of his personality. Jordan told jokes, Shaq tells jokes, Barkley told jokes, Magic told jokes, Bird and Isiah talked trash. I just dont know when it became a rule to check what makes you you at the door. Nearly all the players go for the PC crap now and it's offensive. Do they think we are that stupid to think that everyone in the NBA was cut from the same cookie cutter?

Paul Shirley, the ex-Nba player who wrote the book '7 seconds or less,' addressed this on Bill Simmon's podcast.

he basically said, 'as sad as it is, most players actions are usually dictated by how it will effect their bank account.'

they have their image and money to protect. and god, i think its destroying a great part of the league...
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #50
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

The funny thing about the Wade bashers is that they didn't come out until after last year's Finals. Before that, you didn't hear a PEEP about Wade and the refs.

This means that all of the people piling on are just sheep following the herd, without bothering to use logic and common sense.

If the refs really were out to help Wade, why didn't they help him through the first 2 games and all the way to the 4th quarter of game 3? You mean they wanted him to have the hardest route possible to a title, but yet they were "helping" him?

Also, people saying that he can't score without ref help are idiots because as I mentioned above, NO ONE was talking about the refs prior to the Dallas series. So how was he scoring BEFORE the Dallas series then? He had a several game stretch in the Detroit series of shooting like 60+%. He must have shot well over 50% for the series. SO WHY NO TALK ABOUT REF HELP IN THAT SERIES?

Too many idiots who don't bother to THINK on here.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: