Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #16
Mr. A
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mr. A has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: whose the best all around athlete in the L?

The answer is so blindingly obvious. Mr. A laughs at fools arguing over such a simple thing.
Mr. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:40 PM   #17
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. A
The answer is so blindingly obvious. Mr. A laughs at fools arguing over such a simple thing.

^ Is this Don? Since when did people start thinking that talking in 3rd person was cool?

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-15-2007 at 07:44 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #18
tikay00
Banned

tikay00 has not been impressing people

okay you guys saying t-mac and lebron are crazy, but not so much for lebron. The criteria is ALL around athlete, not just run and jump. Can you honestly picture t-mac's 6'8 ass playing baseball? c'mon man. Andre Iguodala has a wide receivers body that's it. In real life all athletes aren't 6'8 and above, primarily baseball and hockey, and you can even consider mma/boxing. Who looks like they can accel at any sport, not just football like A.I., although he would be the sickest base stealer in baseball. Whoever said Nate Robinson is smart, although he said t-mac and Lebron. Nate is the type of player I am talking about, not too big, strong, compact, not weak and gangly looking like t-mac and such, I'm talking guys like Jameer Nelson, he would be a beastly running back.
tikay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #19
tikay00
Banned

You guys are most likely saying, what!? lebron is a beast he would accel in any sport. Put it this way when you see Lebron or T-mac you only think basketball, when you see someone like Jameer nelson, you can say, damn he can play some football, baeball, mma, golf, hockey, nascar, judo, curling, competetive jerking, etc.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #20
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay00
okay you guys saying t-mac and lebron are crazy, but not so much for lebron. The criteria is ALL around athlete, not just run and jump. Can you honestly picture t-mac's 6'8 ass playing baseball? c'mon man. Andre Iguodala has a wide receivers body that's it. In real life all athletes aren't 6'8 and above, primarily baseball and hockey, and you can even consider mma/boxing. Who looks like they can accel at any sport, not just football like A.I., although he would be the sickest base stealer in baseball. Whoever said Nate Robinson is smart, although he said t-mac and Lebron. Nate is the type of player I am talking about, not too big, strong, compact, not weak and gangly looking like t-mac and such, I'm talking guys like Jameer Nelson, he would be a beastly running back.

Ah, Yeah, he was one of the best prospects in his state and BTW HE WAS A PITCHER. As in the taller you are the more sought after you are as a prospect. I really don't think people realize how good of a ball player Tracy was.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #21
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

How bout Ron Artest. That combo of speed/power/lateral movement is pretty rare, not to mention the killer instinct (optomistic view)/insane factor(pesimistic view).
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #22
tikay00
Banned

good pick on artest, totally forgot bout him, that's what i'm talking about. Um......yeah, I don't care if he was a top prospect buddy, i said LOOKS like a baseball player. Most people don't equate tall lanky dude with baseball, not even with pitchers, for example, eric gagne, roger clemens, 80% of baseball pitchers are big dudes, have you seen the guy on best damn sports show, does he look like a lanky goofy dude to you? Wow Randy Johnson, he is a oddity in baseball. That's like me giving an example of a black golf player, and using tiger woods.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #23
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

Wo1fshadow has an OK reputation so far

Nash
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #24
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo1fshadow
Nash

but he can't jump....
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 AM   #25
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
good pick on artest, totally forgot bout him, that's what i'm talking about. Um......yeah, I don't care if he was a top prospect buddy, i said LOOKS like a baseball player. Most people don't equate tall lanky dude with baseball, not even with pitchers, for example, eric gagne, roger clemens, 80% of baseball pitchers are big dudes, have you seen the guy on best damn sports show, does he look like a lanky goofy dude to you? Wow Randy Johnson, he is a oddity in baseball. That's like me giving an example of a black golf player, and using tiger woods.

Actually you know nothing about baseball. Its such a oddity for pitchers to be tall and lanky right? Here's one baseball team's pitching staff....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/roster?team=ari

Three pitchers over 6'5, one weighs 200, another 220, and Randy Johnson at 6'10 who weighs 230.

Here's pitchers that are just as tall and lighter than Tmac right now

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7708

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7122

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7484

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7027

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7718

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7048

WOW, what a freaking oddity, baseball is FILLED with tall lanky pitchers, tall lanky pitchers are actually the norm in baseball, but your right Tmac can't play baseball, because he doesn't look like fat pitchers or that fat retired guy that sits on best damn sports show. Again if basketball's your sport maybe you should just stick to that, because you obviously don't know jack crap about baseball

You do realize that athlete's builds are also molded by the sport they play right?

As in if Tmac was a baseball pither he probably would have a bigger build, but he plays basketball so speed and mobility are key. That doesn't change the fact that he could of played baseball if he wanted to........there were PLENTY of scouts after him. At the age of 16 Tmac threw in the mid 80's without a pitching coach, that is outstanding. He has said multiple times he could of went either way between basketball and baseball and with help from a pitching coach and conditioning he could of easily built up arm strength to reach mid 90's and up throwing power.

Tmac can play baseball, he was also a very good hitter when he played, which is another reason why he was sought after by scouts....... a Pitcher that can also hit is whats a oddity and rare.

Tmac has charity softball tournaments every summer in Houston and always puts on a show with his skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Ki10Ejz8A

P.S.

Quote:
You guys are most likely saying, what!? lebron is a beast he would accel in any sport. Put it this way when you see Lebron or T-mac you only think basketball, when you see someone like Jameer nelson, you can say, damn he can play some football, baeball, mma, golf, hockey, nascar, judo, curling, competetive jerking, etc.

You do realize Lebron was first team all state and one of the top receivers in the country in high school don't you. (BTW this was during the same time that Ted Ginn Jr. was a WR in Ohio....a player that got taken with the 9th pick in last years draft.) Lebron was a prospect that was highly sought after by every football power house in the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdMPNIgeuoQ

Again, just something to add to prove that you don't know what the hell your talking about.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-16-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:11 AM   #26
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

all around? Nash... and it isn't even close... reason : he's good with both his hands and his legs...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:02 AM   #27
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
I personally think Luther Head or Baron Davis look like they can play almost any sport. They are both pretty big dudes for their position

You are probably the first guy who has ever said that about Head. The biggest knock on him since I first heard of him is that he is an undersized SG or the old "SG in a PGs body".

As for the topic, it would be almost exclusively the smaller guys by NBA standards.

A few guys like Sean May might be able to play OT, but for the most part any PF or C is just too big for basically any other sport, except volleyball and Aussie Rules.

Guys like Baron Davis, Deron Williams, Jason Kidd(not now), Parker and Wade would probably be the best all around guys.

LeBron would make for a potentially great TE or WR. Kobe, Tmac(too soft), Carter(soft) would have the potential to play WR.

AI a couple of years ago would probably have taken this easily.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: