Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Lightbulb Half Court Sets or Run Which do you refer?

I meant prefer but whatever.I know I have riled up ppl lol and have said some unconventional and unpopular things but I seriously want to know what everyone thinks about this. I felt after the trade for gooden and larry hughes. The bulls looked better when they got out in the open and started to run more instead of doing more conventional half court sets. Instead of having to think they just reacted more and played much better. After a full off season of getting to know each other I can really see the bulls running. One downfall is all our shooters will have to be more consistent than last year but I think they all will shoot better. I see a starting lineup of Hinrich Hughes Deng Gooden Noah. At some stretches I would definitely like to see Rose BG Deng Nocioni Gooden if they went small. That puts a creator rose to get into the paint and then he can kick it out to 3 shooters or dump it to Gooden who is a lot more athletic than I thought. I wanna get everyones thoughts whether you agree or not.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Half Court Sets or Run Which do you refer?

Well if Rose can turn into the PG we think he can then I say get out and run.

Think of this team getting out and running with this lineup (if Thomas can also become the player I think he can)...

PG: Rose
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Tyrus Thomas
C: Noah
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

run and gun, we don't have the size and strength to be at our most efficient in half court sets, not to mention our shooting % as a team was horrific last year so it's proven we need to be getting easy baskets.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Both! Run and gun won't win a title. Every team has to learn the halfcourt game, especially for playoff time. When a crucial bucket is needed, the games slows down and then a play has to be run. The best teams and the best leaders know how to control the pace of the game. Plus, in the playoffs, it's much more physical. The Bulls relied on the halfcourt game when they made the playoffs 3 years in a row. That's what freed up their shooters. NOW, with Rose, their transition game is getting a facelift! Hinrich is not quick nor fast. Rose is both to the 10th power! Pax and Del Negro know what they're doing. They will teach Rose the halfcourt game FIRST! It was rumored Rose already complained during the summer league about the slow pace, but that's what wins titles. I've played in leagues where guys on my team were fast and could jump out the gym, but they didn't know how to do a pick and roll...or even set a damn pick. Then I've played with less athletic guys who are basketball smart....and they'll pick you all day long, and make you look stupid with their plays. There is a local team that gave us fits. We were all in our mid twenties...we had dunkers..shooters...run and gun all day!!! We played a team..all guys in their LATE 30's!! and they would destroy us everytime! The slowed the gamed down..they played physical...and ran circles around us on the court. The Bulls have, and will continue, to TEACH this team playoff ball. At times it may be boring, but it gets the job done. That's what we're here for....W's!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

A lot of NBA teams just do pick and rolls. One, because if you have a good guard and forward, it's easy to run. Second, it's one of the hardest plays to defend. That is what Chicago should do. That is of course if running isn't doing anything. Chicago has 2 point guards now, run pick and pops with Luol and Nocioni too, since they can both hit jumpers and Rose can get to the bucket.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: