Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    That would be cool. You'd root for the team you work for to miss the playoffs.
    Just like Denver's owner.

That would be cool. You'd root for the team you work for to miss the playoffs.
    you know everytime you say something joking about the knicks the first thought it my mind is this was probably the way it actually worked prior to Walsh getting there and i get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Knicks are basically bringing their entire front office to the Lottery, why would they do this if they are expected to get the #8 overall pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Uh, because the Knicks are just a 20 minute cab ride, or a $3 bus ride from where the lottery is being held
    So Knicks FO workers just happen to live in Madison Square Garden?
    Translation: Wait you mean the Knicks FO still works after the season even tho thier team didnt make the playoffs? I didnt know that.

Priceless

Banned

So, they have a few more people there than the Kings and only a few more than the Thunder.

Yeah, man. The fix is in.

I agree with this.

Stern,Nike,& Adidas set the table but its up to the teams to make the pick and the players to become good.

2005-Bucks(6.3% Chance to win Lottery)
    2006-Raptors(8.3 % Chance to win Lottery)
    2007-Blazers(5% Chance to win Lottery)
    2008-Bulls(1.7% Chance to win Lottery)
    2009-???

2003 & 2004 were the only years where the team with best chance to win the Lottery(25%) won.

2002-Rockets(8.9% Chance to win Lottery)
    2000-Nets(4.4% Chance to win Lottery)

The Lottery was more predictable dating back before 1999 specifically, but the chance of a miracle taking place where a certain team who did not deserve to pick #1 could shape the NBA in such a away was too big of a risk.

In 93' the Magic won the Lottery with a 1.5% chance and drafted Chris Webber(BPA), after winning the 92' Lottery and drafting Shaq.

I mean how convenient was it in 99' for Charlotte with a 1.8% chance to get the #3 pick somehow get the #3 pick and get to pick one of the 2 Elite PG's in that class for a Playoff contender that needed a PG in order to take the next step.
    OK, I'm going to refer to the bottom 3 teams with the worst records as th "Top 3" in the draft lottery. This year the Top 3 are 1. Kings, 2. Wizards, 3. Clippers.

You realize that although each non-Top 3 team may have a low chance of getting the top pick or a top 3 pick on an individual basis, there is a better chance that ONE OF the non-Top 3 teams will win the lottery than that the team with the worst record (Sacramento this year) will actually win the lottery? In fact the Kings are most likely to get the #4 pick (35.7%).

There is a 39.5% chance that a non-Top 3 team (that is teams 4-14) will recieve the #1 pick. The Kings only have a 25%. On the other hand, there is a 60.5% chance that one of the Top 3 teams will win the lottery.

By the same token, there is a 44% chance that a non-Top 3 team will land the #2 pick. The Kings only have a 21.5% chance, and the Wizards (the team with the second worst record) only have an 18.8% chance. Now there is a 56% chance that a Top 3 team will get the #2 pick, so the odds are still that in their favour as a threesome.

And there is a 48.9% chance that a non-Top 3 team will get the #3 pick. The Clippers, the 3rd worst team, are most likely, by a bit, to get the #5 pick, not the #3 pick. There is a 51.9% chance that a Top-3 team will in fact get the #3 pick, but the odds are almost 50/50.

All I'm trying to demonstrate is that a lot of crazy things can happen, and "Top 3" teams (the worst of the worst) are actually going to get screwed over and fall a few spots a lot of the time. So stop acting like it's so miraculous when teams get lucky. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    Incorrect. Grandfathering in with the anglos and favors amongst the tribe have put retards in most of the top spots in American sports business, and American business in general. The smart MF are running the new businesses of information and technology. I agree that sending a whole fleet means nothing, given the proximity, but to assume that successful adults are so because of their intelligence, I think, means you should give yourself more credit when looking at your own hand of cards in your dealings with the establishment.

OKC #1 with Griffin
    NYK #2 with Ricky Rubio

We will see soon enough if this happens, and surely discussion will follow.
    you and interminator have created a no lose scenario. if a non top 3 team gets in the top 3 (which there is a higher % chance than having the bottom 3) you call conspiracy. If its NY or OKC (even though you are interminator both claimed both) you'll call conspiracy. If not, you'll find another angle. you'll say they didnt' cheat this year, etc. The only thing we'll see tonight is the draft lottery, and you and interminator can yell YAH IM RIGHT! no matter what happens to the walls.

GOBB said that on like page 2. the last 10 pages haven't changed anything. there is enough bs from everyone here to find some sort of angle to claim you are right no matter what occurs.

Banned

I cant wait for the Lottery.

So if the Knicks win the lottery ever, then it is rigged?

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    So if the Knicks win the lottery ever, then it is rigged?
    only if there are clear telltale signs, like KNICK EMPLOYEES GOING TO THE LOTTERY, NO FOUR HOUR SPECIAL SHOWING THE BALLS BEING CHOSEN, and A LUNAR ECLIPSE 10 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.

but honestly, yes - there is no way the Knicks could ever win the lottery without people callling it rigged.

NBA lottery pick

As a Knicks fan, I am so sick of hearing the lottery is rigged. It's so moronic at this point. The highest pick the Knicks ever got since Ewing, if I'm right, was Gallinari last year when Knicks picked 6th. And yes, Knicks once again lost in lottery.

Can we stop already?
    You are due. Stern already fixed the Celtics and Lakers with some rigged trades. Now the Knicks get the #2 pick, so they can pick Rubio and LeBron signs in 2010. Problems solved.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    You are due. Stern already fixed the Celtics and Lakers with some rigged trades. Now the Knicks get the #2 pick, so they can pick Rubio and LeBron signs in 2010. Problems solved.
    Where sarcasm goes terrible wrong.

Banned

How hard is that?

David Stern is the worlds richest booker.

when will the lottery picks be announced?

Stern didn't rig trades. **** you want a conspiracy. That was good old fashioned cronyism. People traded with their buddies, they got lower deals but helped out a former teammate, former friend, associate (West), etc.

Stern can't say Minnesota, **** your franchise, send a player to the Celtics. What leverage could he have? However McHale can say "let me help out Ainge cause if i get fired, i know he'll give me a job, as opposed to getting 25% more value from Phoenix which won't help me"

THAT"S what happened. Why that isn't mad transparent to everyone is beyond me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    when will the lottery picks be announced?
    They are probably organizing them right now in the back and then put them into envelopes.