Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 09-12-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Is Korolev off the roster?

Quote:
The Istanbul team Fenerbahce Ulker Istanbul is getting ready to sign with a Russian player. There are rumours around the basketball society that Fenerbahce Ulker Istanbul has agreed on terms with the Russian forward of Los Angeles Clippers Yaroslav Korolev (206-G/F-87).
I do not know how reliable this is because I read it on another forum and according to the post it was translated to English. If this is true I'm sure it will be confirmed by late afternoon tomorrow.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Korolev off the roster?

I hope it's true. I was hoping we'd keep Yarik, but after the agreement, it seemed as if the front office never actually gave him the contract to sign, and even if he did, we'd sit on the bench all year. Hopefully Yarik goes over, develops and we can reacquire him in the future.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Big-Man Audition
Sep 12 - With free agent P.J. Brown in no hurry to sign, the Suns are looking at other frontcourt options. Today, they will work out NBDL rebounding champion Elton Brown, 6-foot-8 veteran Michael Ruffin, ex-Sun Zarko Cabarkapa and ex-Arizona State star Mario Bennett, 34.
Vitaly Potapenko, an 11-year pro who is back in shape, will visit Thursday, and wide body Mike Sweetney, center Brian Skinner and 20-year-old wing Yaroslav Korolev are expected next week. Phoenix scouted Esteban Batista in the FIBA Americas Championship and has not ruled out Pat Burke. -- Arizona Republic

The Suns will sign a big man to a nonguaranteed contract to fill their final roster spot before camp begins, a source close to the situation said.
The Suns were also interested in having ex-Chicago Bull Michael Sweetney come in, but plans for a workout were canceled and there is now doubt that he will be in Phoenix's plans for next season. Brian Skinner, another player believed to be under consideration by the Suns, has dropped from the radar, as has ex-Sun Jake Tsakalidis. -- East Valley Tribune
I guess he is not going to be on the roster.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

The Clippers should've seriously given a look at Elton Brown that guy can clean up the glass
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 PM   #5
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

I would still rather had Batista, he showed no fear in The FIBA games even against the All-Star Team line-up we had. He also lead the tournament in rebounds.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
The Clippers should've seriously given a look at Elton Brown that guy can clean up the glass

It would be interesting to hear Lawler announce a game where Elton Brand and Elton Brown are playing at the same time.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've seen some games with Elton, and I am a pretty big fan of Batista, but we don't know what we have in Powell, so we can't say the front office made a mistake, at least not yet. Only time will tell, but I do have to say I would have preferred Batista as I liked what I saw. Powell should surprise some of us, at least in my opinion.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
It would be interesting to hear Lawler announce a game where Elton Brand and Elton Brown are playing at the same time.

he's on the lakers now, it'll be real interesting
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #9
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
he's on the lakers now, it'll be real interesting
It has to wait until 2008 and if your EB is still on the roster.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: