Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lakers upcoming correction(s) to make

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Its hard to know exactly what needs to be done because we do not know the real issues in the locker room.
    We have a great team, but something is going on internally.
    With respect to on-court failures, its simple: our bench sucked, Gasol sucked, Kobe has lost explosion but is still a top shelf player.

Dont know if we should trade Gasol or Bynum or Odom or Artest or none of them.
    I think Gasol has lost all his passion. As much as I hate to say this, it may be time for him to go.. Seriously, that was a terrible performance by him. He was probably our most consistent player until this year's playoff. I don't know what happened to him...

Artest? He didn't show up against the Mavs either. Had some good defensive plays but overall was basically a no-show.

Bynum & Odom - they were a disgrace tonight. I lost respect for both of them; classless act and very immature. Bynum has matured a bit but that was a very immature move today. He needs a 3-game suspension. I seriously hope he figures out that what he did was immature and put it behind him.

Odom's foul wasn't that bad, it was a hard shove and probably worth a technical 2. Throwing him out was enough, no need for a suspension. Maybe 1 game at most.

On behalf of all Laker fans, I'm ashamed of Bynum/Odom's actions tonight. There are ways to show your anger and frustration but not in that manner. They are much better than that, and they know it. We are not like that.

I feel embarrassed to be getting messages from friends of mine (especially a Celtics fan) laughing at me for rooting for "punks like bynum and odom." I feel embarrassed as a fan of this team and a fan of these players. I know guys like KG and Rondo do dirty plays like this quite a bit, but WE LAKERS ARE BETTER THAN THAT. Why did Bynum/Odom have to stoop down to the level of guys like KG/Rondo??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think Gasol has lost all his passion. As much as I hate to say this, it may be time for him to go.. Seriously, that was a terrible performance by him. He was probably our most consistent player until this year's playoff. I don't know what happened to him...

Artest? He didn't show up against the Mavs either. Had some good defensive plays but overall was basically a no-show.

Bynum & Odom - they were a disgrace tonight. I lost respect for both of them; classless act and very immature. Bynum has matured a bit but that was a very immature move today. He needs a 3-game suspension. I seriously hope he figures out that what he did was immature and put it behind him.

Odom's foul wasn't that bad, it was a hard shove and probably worth a technical 2. Throwing him out was enough, no need for a suspension. Maybe 1 game at most.

On behalf of all Laker fans, I'm ashamed of Bynum/Odom's actions tonight. There are ways to show your anger and frustration but not in that manner. They are much better than that, and they know it. We are not like that.

I feel embarrassed to be getting messages from friends of mine (especially a Celtics fan) laughing at me for rooting for "punks like bynum and odom." I feel embarrassed as a fan of this team and a fan of these players. I know guys like KG and Rondo do dirty plays like this quite a bit, but WE LAKERS ARE BETTER THAN THAT. Why did Bynum/Odom have to stoop down to the level of guys like KG/Rondo??
    Don't be mad Beantown is still playing while LAL are home watching.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
    the lakers we have now are more aggressive and will kick your a$$ if they have too.

we need players who can shoot and score baskets.
    we need a new guard - sorry d fish

pau needs to move on from his damn break up and grow some balls.

i think we should trade pau and maybe matt barnes/steve blake for chris paul maybe?
    So Pau had a bad post season. He was the main reason we won the last few championships. He still has the tools. You dont just throw a guy like that to the curb knowing he was the key to our success. The only way I would get rid of him is if we got Dwight Howard in a deal. We have horrible 3 point shooters & horrible defense, & we should concentrate on that. The way I see it, the league is morphing into super teams. Dallas, Miami, Chicago, Boston, San Antonio, New York (will add more) & LA all have multiple super stars who are learning their new found chemistry. I say the only way we win next year is that somehow we land Dwight Howard or CP3. Our obvious hole is at PG. We need to do something to win next year & we wont do it with the team that we currently have.

Banned

Gasol = Bosh

Kobe = Joe Johnson

Odom married the wrong Kardashian

Lakers keep losing

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    We need someone who can answer 3pts. Ariza is a good replacement. I wonder if New Orleans will do this?

CP3 & Ariza for Gasol & Luke/Artest
    GASOL is garbage.. He's like in the 3rd tier right now.

If it wasnt for caps, I'd trade Gasol for Mbenga
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 05-09-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Home of the 16

Is it me or kobe never really did anything during thr 4th quarter? it looked like he was passing the ball all the time.

Banned

Kobe never does anything in the 4th quarter

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGreenFan
    Kobe never does anything in the 4th quarter
    Hope your not serious.

Learning to shoot layups LakerGirl72's Avatar

sad to say but it's time to get someone in that can take over for fish. not sad to say, get rid of blake, maybe blake and brown. the 3 b's have been HORRIBLE and not worthy to have the lakers tag on them.

sucks we can't get rid of walton yet, he got a sweet deal cuz of his daddies name and nobody is willing to pay 6mill/year for a bench warmer. that shyt just has to expire so he can straight up retire.

After you guys are done overreacting read what I am about to say.

We have our 5 starters returning next year plus Odom and the Lakers will be fine. First things first this team needs a coach. B-Shaw would be a great guy to have because he know our players and Phil's system.

Everyone wants to go to rumors etc. but you know what was wrong this year....the fact that in the NBA it is HARD to play consistent championship basketball for more then a 2 to 3 year period. This team went to three Finals and won two of them that is a whole lot of miles not just physically but mentally. And the Laker team we saw this series looked drained in both areas.
    If the Lakers made a couple of plays down the stretch of 1 and 3 they could of been up 2-1 I know today was a blowout but with a couple of tweaks and the right frame of mind this current team can still contend. Our core trio of bigs is still the best in the NBA on any given night. Kobe is still Kobe even though he may be on the decline.
    Look if the Lakers can some how be gift wrapped a Dwight Howard or CP3 of course they should fine a way to do it but with the new labor agreements coming up this Summer and potential lockout that all seems far fetched.
    So realistically this is what I hope happens....

1) The Lakers get a coach ASAP to fill in Phil's spot...
    2) There is NO lockout....no NBA season and the Lakers come back maybe 2 years older? Not good.
    2) Lakers find a young PG that can facilitate well via trade or free agency...as well as some 3 point shooters who can come off the bench.

(Is it me or did we miss Sasha this year?)

Brown did not cut...to inconsistent....if he leaves been nice
    I like Barnes and I hope he stays...
    I think Blake will do some good for us in the future...but he will just be a back up pg
    Walton.....he is a black hole sucking up money and a roster spot...
    Smith....we should of NEVER traded for him...
    Ratliff....old and injured waste of a roster spot

Our young guys maybe be able to play next year...I like Character....hope he can contribute next year...

But hey I wish I could say it was a great season but it was not. Highlights are Lamar winning 6th man and the run after the All Star Break 17-1. It has been a monumental failure of a year in every other aspect.

This years journey was a joke. Hope it was just a lil speed bump.

TGFan is trolling...mods please delete all his posts....

Banned

I'm not trolling. Just cause I'm a celtics fan I can't post in the laker forum? Kobe doesn't do anything in the 4th quarter USUALLY. He chucks bad shots, my bad. He's overrated. It's my OPINION. I joined this site so I can state my OPINION. If you don't agree then make an argument. If not, you can ignore my OPINION.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    After you guys are done overreacting read what I am about to say.

We have our 5 starters returning next year plus Odom and the Lakers will be fine. First things first this team needs a coach. B-Shaw would be a great guy to have because he know our players and Phil's system.

Everyone wants to go to rumors etc. but you know what was wrong this year....the fact that in the NBA it is HARD to play consistent championship basketball for more then a 2 to 3 year period. This team went to three Finals and won two of them that is a whole lot of miles not just physically but mentally. And the Laker team we saw this series looked drained in both areas.
    If the Lakers made a couple of plays down the stretch of 1 and 3 they could of been up 2-1 I know today was a blowout but with a couple of tweaks and the right frame of mind this current team can still contend. Our core trio of bigs is still the best in the NBA on any given night. Kobe is still Kobe even though he may be on the decline.
    Look if the Lakers can some how be gift wrapped a Dwight Howard or CP3 of course they should fine a way to do it but with the new labor agreements coming up this Summer and potential lockout that all seems far fetched.
    So realistically this is what I hope happens....

1) The Lakers get a coach ASAP to fill in Phil's spot...
    2) There is NO lockout....no NBA season and the Lakers come back maybe 2 years older? Not good.
    2) Lakers find a young PG that can facilitate well via trade or free agency...as well as some 3 point shooters who can come off the bench.

(Is it me or did we miss Sasha this year?)

Brown did not cut...to inconsistent....if he leaves been nice
    I like Barnes and I hope he stays...
    I think Blake will do some good for us in the future...but he will just be a back up pg
    Walton.....he is a black hole sucking up money and a roster spot...
    Smith....we should of NEVER traded for him...
    Ratliff....old and injured waste of a roster spot

Our young guys maybe be able to play next year...I like Character....hope he can contribute next year...

But hey I wish I could say it was a great season but it was not. Highlights are Lamar winning 6th man and the run after the All Star Break 17-1. It has been a monumental failure of a year in every other aspect.

This years journey was a joke. Hope it was just a lil speed bump.
    I dont agree with keeping the core together....did you see Artest today? he couldnt get up to make a layup....

These guys are getting old and look at the teams that are making noise right now...they have an elite PG and super athletic wing players...rose,lebron,wade,rondo, westborrk,conley,KD....

I honestly think we need an ultra quick PG and if I cant get CP3/DWill by trading Pau Gasol I would do it....with kobe getting older and older we need a guard who can create easy baskets for the whole team...and get Kobe some wide open shots.

Also having a good PG will lessen kobe's Defensive work where now he doesnt have to guard CP3/Rondo/Dwill3 ..etc

I have no clue what Brian Shaw has done to earn the Main job. Atleast Chuck P installed the defensive scheme...I havent heard anything about Shaw being proactive and working with players...or having a real influence on game planning ....

out of the Bench, Shannon Brown MUST go. what a brain fart he is...we need some young fresh blood and hungry players on this squad

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGreenFan
    I'm not trolling. Just cause I'm a celtics fan I can't post in the laker forum? Kobe doesn't do anything in the 4th quarter USUALLY. He chucks bad shots, my bad. He's overrated. It's my OPINION. I joined this site so I can state my OPINION. If you don't agree then make an argument. If not, you can ignore my OPINION.
    for that you can go to the main forum. you are a troll ...if you want to say stuff like above back them up with some stats...or else just stop running your mouth ...

Banned

Nope. I'll say what I want. Kobe is not clutch. The Celtics have a bunch of guys who are equally as clutch as Kobe. Ray Allen and Pierce are both more clutch than Kobe. You go look up the stats of who makes higher percentages in late game stretches you'll see. Kobe is not even top 10-top 20 in the league as a clutch player. I'm not trollling. I know the stats. You should look them up and find out. Moron.