Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Default Re: Jackson Traded to the Bobcats!

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Does everyone in here really think that this was a good trade for the Bobcats? It definitely makes them better, but realistically they are still clearly a lottery team only now they will win more games and get (another) ****ty pick in the low teens.

The trade also takes away all of the cap flexibility that Charlotte had been accumulating (especially evident in the Okefor for Chandler trade) for 2011 and possibly 2012. Now the Bobcats will not have enough money to get any sort legit free agent after next year like they were in position to do before the trade.

This is all without mentioning that S Jax is probably not happy to be on the Bobcats now, who are far from the contender that he was looking to join, and the Bobcat's offense is the slowest in the league, a far cry from the Warrior's fast break that Jackson thrived in last year. His stats will drop and I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a fit at some point and caused some trouble.

So, basically this trade locks the Bobcats into lottery mediocrity without sinking far enough to get a stud in the early lottery, takes away all of their cap flexibility, and gives them a shaky 2nd option who is probably really mad at where he is right now.
    that kind of logical and intelligent post will get you banned on ISH. Don't you know your suppose to just type in some sort of troll crud and move on............
    you have pointed out most of the flaws in this for the Bobcats. I do not know what S.Jax's extntion is going to cost them but I know its three more years past this season and that is going to be ugly.

^8-9 million for a quality starter is a good deal by NBA standards.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease obonpaxis's Avatar

So the Cats got AC Law too?

Now we have three point guards who'd rather be shooting.

I just feel like the Bobcats really need to have a terrible season so they can go down in the lottery and come up with some actual talent. They keep making trades and fighting all the way through the season to win 30 games and keep themselves stuck in the mud. A 17 win season may not be fun, but getting John Wall or Derrick Favors would do wonders for a team that I can see getting stuck with a Cole Aldrich at pick 13.

Quote Originally Posted by obonpaxis
    So the Cats got AC Law too?

Now we have three point guards who'd rather be shooting.
    acie is a past first pg

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

Felton and Jackson...is that the chuckingest backcourt in the NBA?

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

So does anyone else believe that Charlotte acquired Law to move? I think Memphis for AI would be awesome if it were realistic; But AI and Captain Jax on the same team would be some locker room.

Talent wise its a steal, but a 37 YEAR old Jackson is not what I would like in 3 years. Bell is at risk of another injury but is expiring. Vlad is total trash at 6per but he only has 1 more season after this. We lose flexibility, however we might not have been able to keep Larry if we started rebuilding today.

I don't know if I like it personally. Jackson seems to be a better 3, not two so I need to see him at the two before I can really decide one way or another.

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

If the Bobcats are willing to take on Jackson's contract, why the hell did they dump Okafor for Chandler?

Banned

Vlad will have a 20 pt game, maybe even 30, I say within 2 or 3 weeks. he gonna chuck 3s and will make them , then hel have a 5 pt game after it

Banned

SJ's shot selection should fit right in with Felton, probably the 2 worst in the league. Larry Brown wanted more scoring, i'm just not sure he and the rest of the league knows the cons they are getting with SJ along with that.

has jackson made any comments concerning the trade yet? i can't imagine him very happy about this...

good trade for the warriors

gives a a expirer in bell who will fit nicely and will get playing time with Buike possibly out of for the year

Vlad can be used as a PF which i guess will give us a slight size upgrade

overall good trade for everyone

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    So does anyone else believe that Charlotte acquired Law to move? I think Memphis for AI would be awesome if it were realistic; But AI and Captain Jax on the same team would be some locker room.

Talent wise its a steal, but a 37 YEAR old Jackson is not what I would like in 3 years. Bell is at risk of another injury but is expiring. Vlad is total trash at 6per but he only has 1 more season after this. We lose flexibility, however we might not have been able to keep Larry if we started rebuilding today.

I don't know if I like it personally. Jackson seems to be a better 3, not two so I need to see him at the two before I can really decide one way or another.
    jackson is 31 btw

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Vlad is a total dump of a contract. Cannot even play backup 4. No rebounding while playing the floor, not a lick of defense, can't drive to the basket, only a wide open shooter. I am happy as a cats fan to dump him. That is the thing I like the most about the trade from our perspective.

@RAFAEL... Okafor was dumped because he's not worth 12 mil a year for 5 more years. Jackson is a better player with a similar contract for a 2 year shorter deal. This is a bad comparison BECAUSE removing an overpaid 4 playing 5 for a serviceable 5 in Chandler for a 2 year deal was a good longterm trade for a slight short term sacrifice. This trade is a long term sacrifice for a short term benefit. I hope that if the Bobcats are sagging in January we can move Jackson to a championship caliber team without acquiring a salary dump. That would in essence just been a deal to remove Vlad for whatever we would receive.

@HYLIAN your right sorry I thought he was 33 but, if he were 34 instead of 37 would you still want him?
    Last edited by CLTHornets4eva; 11-16-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Local High School Star browntown's Avatar

Bell is going to go back to the Suns.