Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #31
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The exaggerated idea of black men being with white chicks

All successful black men may not jet towards lighter women, but there’s enough that does to get attention. Personally, I don’t see a problem with interracial dating so long as it’s done out of true love. Now, when someone dates out of their race because they view their own as inferior is an entirelydifferent story.

All of these psychological issues go back to slavery when Blacks (and most minorities as well) were taught that they were inferior in every way to white people. Unfortunately these slaves passed this train of thought to their children.

When you think about it, slavery really wasn’t that long ago. My great grandmother’s mom was a slave. Again, not that long ago when you think about it, just few generations removed from us.

Also, the standard of beauty was shoved down black’s throats as being white all the way up to the 90’s. Before then all the big supermodels, covergirls, and damsels in distress were white. Whoever thinks this didn’t have a profound effect on the black community is mistaken.

Not to long ago this chick Kiri Davis did a short documentary, which can be found on youtube, titled “a girl like me”. In it she redoes the famous “doll test” done in the 50’s and get the same results (most black children chose the white doll and viewed it as the “good” one). It’ll take awhile for black people to fully heal from their psychological wounds. A lot of progress has been made, but there’s still a long way to go.

Last edited by Tainted Sword : 05-16-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #32
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
Also, the standard of beauty was shoved down black’s throats as being white all the way up to the 90’s. Before then all the big supermodels, covergirls, and damsels in distress were white. Whoever thinks this didn’t have a profound effect on the black community is mistaken.

Not to long ago this chick Kiri Davis did a short documentary, which can be found on youtube, titled “a girl like me”. In it she redoes the famous “doll test” done in the 50’s and get the same results (most black children chose the white doll and viewed it as the “good” one). It’ll take awhile for black people to fully heal from their psychological wounds. A lot of progress has been made, but there’s still a long way to go.

And there's always been the dichotomy of light vs dark, white vs black, etc etc, with the darker always being evil. The white knight rescues the princess, the black knight is the evil soulless servant of Satan. The white dove as opposed to the black raven. Luke Skywalker to Darth Vader. It is what it is, we know the connotations.

Yes these things may have had a negative influence on the psyche of the men and women with a lil more color (from high yella to brown to Wesley Snipes), I don't buy it as a reason to make broad generalizations and harbor resentment towards others and develop insecurities or even self-loathing. For reasons detailed previously, if you can't get a man, you're doin somethin wrong, end of story.

But the main reason I think it's ****ing ridiculous when black girls/latinas (I've heard a couple echo the sentiments) are in outrage about it, is because, don't they have a lot more important **** to be outraged by? Detroit is a city that is predominantly black folks (with the exception of my original stomping grounds, Southwest, which is relatively diverse, but predominantly hispanic), I wanna say it's about 90% black folks in this city, and I spent my entire life here. And I've heard black and latina females rant about this white girl thing, and the supposed existence of (according to them) a ridiculous amount of niiggas in the city being bi-sexual or just flat out gay, while giving the outward appearance of heterosexuality. Never in my life have I seen proof of either of their claims, just excuses as to why they couldn't get the dude they wanted. Just take the L and move on. But they would harp on this **** like it necessitated a call to arms. ***** you wanna be outraged, be outraged about the staggering amount of people/families in this city living under the poverty line, be outraged at the 20%+ unemployment rate, be outraged at the disgustingly sub-standard Detroit Public School district, just be ****ing outraged at something that matters. Take a stand for something that means more than knockin the cobwebs outta your dusty ass cooter.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #33
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

^^^^^ Interesting. So not just Black ,but Latina/Hispanic women tend to say/believe the same thing about "their" successful/rich men marrying outside their race? Didn't now that hispanic women felt the same way.

I do agree with you(or someone else) who said that they probably rant about Black/Hispanic men marrying other races because there is a smaller pool of Wealthy men to choose from in those groups, perhaps? Creates a bit of envy?

But whatever it is the issue is blown way way out of proportion & I doubt if wealthy Black men marry outside their race any more than the 'average' Black man which is extremely low. Also doubt if Blacks marry outside their race anymore than White men(especially Asians) & more likely even less.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #34
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
^^^^^ Interesting. So not just Black ,but Latina/Hispanic women tend to say/believe the same thing about "their" successful/rich men marrying outside their race? Didn't now that hispanic women felt the same way.

I wouldn't say it's exactly widespread among the black girls, but in my own experience, they harp on that moreso than the Hispanic girls. But I've heard the same sentiments from a number of both groups.

Generally it ends up being a dude (who doesn't even necessarily have to be their own race, but it's easy and interchangeable in their "argument", if he's black or hispanic, cuz then they have the fall back of the white girl) that this black or hispanic girl is interested in. Then, for whatever reason, she gets denied or things don't work out. It can even be regardless if she gets respectfully denied, or they don't share mutual interests, or he runs through her a couple times and calls it a day, whatever happens. Then said girl will be despondent as her ego has been deflated, and start concocting an excuse to re-pump her ego and preserve her vanity to make it completely his fault, or to just throw dirt on his name in a pathetic attempt to get "revenge"

And that's where "Oh well he's a sell out, he only likes white girls, **** that niigga, he aint a real niigga, always ****in those ugly ass fat white girls" comes in. There doesn't even have to be a documented instance of him ever having a white girl for it to be spread. So in her own twisted reality, her ego didn't take a blow, because he's a "sell out" anyways and therefore doesn't matter.

Or, if the white girl defense isn't strong enough, she may go with the undercover homosexual route. I dunno where this one came from, but all of a sudden a couple years ago, apparently 50% of males in the city of Detroit were goin both ways or just deeply closeted homos. She'll claim to have seen him ****in with another dude, or that he confessed it, but never be able to present a single shred of evidence for her case. Just lots of baseless accusations and being unnecessarily loud (because loud means right, word to Bill O'Reilly), for both options.

I've been accused of both. Probably not coincidentally, the white girl defense was employed by an ugly ***** that was on my dinos some years ago. I simply wasn't interested in her, and pretty much blew her off when I'd see her. In her mind that meant I only liked white girls and was a sell out and a ***** niigga and got soft, cuz it wasn't too long after I had started going to school in the suburbs. The undercover homo defense was utilized by a girl that I was talkin to for a lil bit, and then immediately dropped her when I pulled this other girl that I had been tryin to for a while. I admit to leading her on, and not handling the situation very well, but I was like 17 or 18, I didn't care. These claims are simply the result of women not wanting to take a blow to their ego, so they lie and spread rumors to degrade the man involved. Their vanity and agendas shine brightly after you see it and who started sayin it.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #35
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

^^^^Never really thought about the homosexual angle ,but come to think about it I have heard it before from women speaking of other guys so I assume it has been said about me as well. I have heard that Oprah even did a 'down low' show on the Black community so I assume this talk among Black women either prompted that show or fueled this silly speculation.

I have a feeling this kinda chubby ,but independent chick(Hotel Sales Manager) I met through a friend a year or so ago may say the same thing about me. She has two kids(5 & 7 kind of bad) & seemed to always want to change the way I dressed, or how I lived my life in general like going to church,etc.... . Between her & the kids that was the most annoying B***ch I have ever dated. She even said some **** one day that made me think she may suggest the same thing to our mutual friend about me, but when I called her on it she would not repeat it & said I was overreacting. I will keep my ears open.

But I can imagine she has to tell her friends something when they ask why does 32 Jazz doesn't call or come by anymore & explain why she 'has trouble keeping a man'.

'Girl I think he is ".....
instead of doing any serious retrospection or coming to terms that a guy is just does not like/is interested in you. I am sure we as me blame women for our relationship failures also ,but not to the extent that women do.

Good insight man.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #36
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I wouldn't say it's exactly widespread among the black girls, but in my own experience, they harp on that moreso than the Hispanic girls. But I've heard the same sentiments from a number of both groups.

Generally it ends up being a dude (who doesn't even necessarily have to be their own race, but it's easy and interchangeable in their "argument", if he's black or hispanic, cuz then they have the fall back of the white girl) that this black or hispanic girl is interested in. Then, for whatever reason, she gets denied or things don't work out. It can even be regardless if she gets respectfully denied, or they don't share mutual interests, or he runs through her a couple times and calls it a day, whatever happens. Then said girl will be despondent as her ego has been deflated, and start concocting an excuse to re-pump her ego and preserve her vanity to make it completely his fault, or to just throw dirt on his name in a pathetic attempt to get "revenge"

And that's where "Oh well he's a sell out, he only likes white girls, **** that niigga, he aint a real niigga, always ****in those ugly ass fat white girls" comes in. There doesn't even have to be a documented instance of him ever having a white girl for it to be spread. So in her own twisted reality, her ego didn't take a blow, because he's a "sell out" anyways and therefore doesn't matter.

Or, if the white girl defense isn't strong enough, she may go with the undercover homosexual route. I dunno where this one came from, but all of a sudden a couple years ago, apparently 50% of males in the city of Detroit were goin both ways or just deeply closeted homos. She'll claim to have seen him ****in with another dude, or that he confessed it, but never be able to present a single shred of evidence for her case. Just lots of baseless accusations and being unnecessarily loud (because loud means right, word to Bill O'Reilly), for both options.

I've been accused of both. Probably not coincidentally, the white girl defense was employed by an ugly ***** that was on my dinos some years ago. I simply wasn't interested in her, and pretty much blew her off when I'd see her. In her mind that meant I only liked white girls and was a sell out and a ***** niigga and got soft, cuz it wasn't too long after I had started going to school in the suburbs. The undercover homo defense was utilized by a girl that I was talkin to for a lil bit, and then immediately dropped her when I pulled this other girl that I had been tryin to for a while. I admit to leading her on, and not handling the situation very well, but I was like 17 or 18, I didn't care. These claims are simply the result of women not wanting to take a blow to their ego, so they lie and spread rumors to degrade the man involved. Their vanity and agendas shine brightly after you see it and who started sayin it.

JayGuevara has this thread on lock

total agreement with your assessments

women complain about the lack of eligible black men, when they really mean "already rich black men".. there plenty of regular black dudes ready to date these women.. they just arent rich or magazine handsome..

and they do twist things to protect their egos.. the thing about calling a dude gay if doesnt jump at the chance to date her is true...

they would kill themselves if they had to face rejection the way men do..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: