Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Finally, someone doing a legit Double-Between-The-Legs Dunk aka Double Eastbay...

At 35 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IicypmN_Gg4

Albeit on a lower rim...But if some amateur can do it on a low rim why not a dunking professional on 10 feet?

Now what makes me think that its not impossible on 10 feet is the elevation he got when making that dunk...If you looked at the dunk his head was roughly rim level or slightly above not some ridiculous height like his shoulders above rim... Most dunking professionals can get their head to rim level or even higher. Gerald Green for one can get his chin to rim level. The most difficult part must be the coordination when you switch the ball pretty fast between both legs for the dunk. I also think this dunk favors the one legged jumper rather then two leg because of the motion of the action.

Get someone like James White or Gerald Green (Tall lengthy freak jumpers) to practice for a month and they might pull this off..
    Last edited by tgan3; 02-09-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Default Re: Finally, someone doing a legit Double-Between-The-Legs Dunk aka Double Eastbay...

Thats fing hard

lots of practice, lots

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Finally, someone doing a legit Double-Between-The-Legs Dunk aka Double Eastbay...

That rim was about 6 inches higher than that dudes reach.

So he was able to dunk the ball in on the way down and near the end of his jump right before he lands.

Nobody would be able to do that on a 10 foot hoop unless they were 8 feet tall or have a 60 inch vertical.

This kid can jump and is agile, but to say that if he could do this then a professional should be able to do it on a 10 foot hoop is kinda stretching it.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 02-09-2013 at 08:07 PM.

I liked that reverse 360 between the legs dunk at the beginning.

His feet hit the ground almost simultaneously as the ball went through the basket.

our rec league team name was 'LOWER THE RIM' because we had a bunch of asians but now after watching this video. i'm not so sure our name is that funny to me anymore.

That top comment says it best:

Best dunks I've seen on a low rim.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Maybe Lebron back in the day. Not now for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    His feet hit the ground almost simultaneously as the ball went through the basket.
    That is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the height his arm is over the rim. If somebody can get as high on a 10 foot rim as this guy did on the lower rim, then it is possible.

The height off the ground is irrelevant.

the one at 0:24 is just embarrassing

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Hilarious but still very dope!!!

Low rim or not, those very some very creative and impressive dunks. I hope some people can pull these off in a regulation rim. I hope James White or Green watches this and gets inspired.

damn... they look good i dont care how low those rims are. not like any of us can do them

The double between the leg dunk is sick but I still can't stop laughing at the low rims.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    The double between the leg dunk is sick but I still can't stop laughing at the low rims.
    Can't respect the video when they're dunking on 8 foot rims. Just not the same.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Wonder what Nate Robinson can do on those low rims