Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default James harden is basically what tmac was

Before I get hammered here, I have a younger cousin in town for Mother's Day who said that they're basically the same thing.

I disagree but what's the true difference?

He says tmac never made it past the first round and also didn't really play D.

I say tmac was basically Kobe without the sadistic will to win.

But dude never won a playoff series. Hard to argue that.

How do you impress that tmac was just clearly better?

Default Re: James harden is basically what tmac was

Tmac was way more athletic then Harden.

Tmac is like Lebron if he didn't play D

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankstar
    Tmac was way more athletic then Harden.

Tmac is like Lebron if he didn't play D
    Pssshhhh

Tmac could get hot from the perimeter in ways Lebron could only dream

Some of TMac's supporting casts make Harden's Rockets look like the Warriors. Peak TMac just shits on Harden, I don't know what else to tell you. People can circle jerk over Harden's RPM and VORP stats all they want but I don't know how anyone who has watched both players at their best could come away thinking Harden is on that level.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Pssshhhh

Tmac could get hot from the perimeter in ways Lebron could only dream
    Career shooting percentages suggest otherwise

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankstar
    Career shooting percentages suggest otherwise
    Did you watch peak tmac? You can be honest with me. This is a safe place.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Some of TMac's supporting casts make Harden's Rockets look like the Warriors. Peak TMac just shits on Harden, I don't know what else to tell you. People can circle jerk over Harden's RPM and VORP stats all they want but I don't know how anyone who has watched both players at their best could come away thinking Harden is on that level.
    They are though.

Funnily enough both were considered good to great defenders before moving to that main man role. And what supporting casts are you talking about? McGrady had far better ones when he was paired up with Yao and Artest, and a few others. The point is Harden actually led his team to the WCF, something Mcgrady has never done. And TMac had way better casts at some point in time than the one Harden got to the WCF with.

TMac is 10 times funner to watch, but they are a similar level of player.
    What is Harden averaging over the last two seasons? 28/7/6 just guessing? You won't find many seasons that McGrady had that were better, while leading his team to the WCF.

NBA Superstar

That's all great but it's tough to argue tmacs history.

It equates to anyone trying to argue across eras. Because my boy never saw tmac in his prime.

Even though I already knew it, this solidified how futile it is to argue with people who haven't seen a certain player play. I've been guilty of it but I feel like I am least am open to things that others have seen that I haven't.

I rule the local playground

TMac and Kobe where basically the same, the difference being one was injury prone and the other was cancerous.

Are you ****ing kidding me bro?

Who the hell does Harden have to help him? He has literally no offensive help

He is the offense

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Are you ****ing kidding me bro?

Who the hell does Harden have to help him? He has literally no offensive help

He is the offense
    Wasn't always though.

Lawson went there to die basically. Nobody can thrive in an offense that harden controls.

What people have said about "Lebron ball"...harden actually stifles his teammates.

Lebron actually doesn't

Harden's never going have a year that compare to tmac 03. Few people have played with rosters that bad. Outside of that year, it's not that bad of a comparison however.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    Harden's never going have a year that compare to tmac 03. Few people have played with rosters that bad. Outside of that year, it's not that bad of a comparison however.
    Agree with that.

But then take a look at Harden's last two seasons. McGrady has never had seasons that good outside of 03.
    To push it even further, you could argue that TMac never had a season as good as Harden has when they both wore Rockets uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Agree with that.

But then take a look at Harden's last two seasons. McGrady has never had seasons that good outside of 03.
    To push it even further, you could argue that TMac never had a season as good as Harden has when they both wore Rockets uniforms.

I definitely agree and it's not close. Injuries were a factor and he had some moments but he was kind of disappointing in Houston. You could maybe argue for 02 or 04(kind of hard to for 04 since the Magic won 20 games) but Harden last year was better.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    They are though.

Funnily enough both were considered good to great defenders before moving to that main man role. And what supporting casts are you talking about? McGrady had far better ones when he was paired up with Yao and Artest, and a few others. The point is Harden actually led his team to the WCF, something Mcgrady has never done. And TMac had way better casts at some point in time than the one Harden got to the WCF with.

TMac is 10 times funner to watch, but they are a similar level of player.
    What is Harden averaging over the last two seasons? 28/7/6 just guessing? You won't find many seasons that McGrady had that were better, while leading his team to the WCF.
    Harden got bailed out by his team last year lol they led the comeback while he was on the bench. Yao Ming was always injured, and those magic teams were just awful. Between all that, Prime TMac never really had a legitimate shot at being a winner.

Watching them play, TMac was far more fleet-footed and athletic than Harden, so he could get off a good shot whenever. he could score a ton of points without getting foul calls nearly as much as harden, especially in the half court. Put TMac on this past year's rockets and I think they do better, and TMac has far better numbers than harden against GS.