Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Sixers met with Allen Iverson Nov. 30, and on Dec 2 agreed to a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Why should he have even gotten this chance? He went cancer on his last team after the 2nd game. Quit on them. Quit on his teammates. He's a cancer and quitter ---- this is a proven fact, not opinion. Why does he deserve this chance?
    Opinion, no facts spewed. Nice try. Hi hater.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Sixers met with Allen Iverson Nov. 30 to discuss a reunion

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Sixers are playoff contenders by default. Legit they are not. Having AI is like having Andre Miller. I rather this team challenge for the ECF, be one of the teams with the Orlando, Boston, Clevland and Atlantas or lottery. The in between crap is for the birds. The goal is to win, I get that. But when Lou williams gets back what happens? When EJ benchs AI because he thinks the unit he toyed with/put together is playing the best what happens?
    Latest Article of AI becoming a 6'er today :
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4705901

It had the city buzzing. Fans flooded sports radio stations to talk Iverson, TV stations cut in with live updates, and Internet message board posters were roused with his addition.

Jordan, speaking at Wednesday morning's shootaround, was thrilled to have Iverson.

"Without really seeing him on the floor, I would like to compare him to Brett Favre, a guy who people think is too old to play and he's almost having an MVP year," Jordan said. "That's off the top of my head. When I woke up this morning, I said, 'Maybe he can be that.' It's not a big maybe. I think he can be that."

And you know what - I believe Jordan. (he knows AI is the blue collar player of the league)
    I also have to believe that the grit and savey that Iverson has will become contageous and the 76'ers are going to make some noise.
    ** One of the reasons I state that , before the season started Iverson said he was 100% juiced for the season , until the hamstring injury occurred.

Gobb - your the guy that always has the inside track on the Philly team , and I think Jordan if he is 1/2 a$$ as a coach knows that when Williams comes back , the princeton offense gets used , and when AI is on the floor it will be some semblance of that.
    The guy I question the most is can #1 actually pick up the slack on the defensive end of the floor when AI is playing
    Last edited by Jasper; 12-02-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Default Re: Sixers met with Allen Iverson Nov. 30, and on Dec 2 agreed to a deal

I'll say this tho, I'll go to more Sixers games now than I have in the past 2 years thats for sure.

The guy I question the most is can #1 actually pick up the slack on the defensive end of the floor when AI is playing
    Good question.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Sweet! I can pull out that nice A.I. football jersey now. I got it in 2002 and probably wore it once since he was traded.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Sweet! I can pull out that nice A.I. football jersey now. I got it in 2002 and probably wore it once since he was traded.
    Yeah, you better make sure it isnt stolen.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Yeah, you better make sure it isnt stolen.
    LOL. It's fine. I've got it in my closet along with my authentic Wizards Jordan jersey.

The Sixers need to go ahead and commit to starting and playing AI the rest of the season. Other teams have tried to change him into a reserve and they have failed.

When Williams comes back, he should come off the bench.

But is that bad? No, because Williams is a worse point guard than AI is.

AI gives the Sixers firepower that they are lacking.

Plus he will get fans to turn out, helping the team survive this season, as well as helping the team in the future financially.

Move makes a lot of sense for the Sixers, so long as they start and play AI.

Why are they waiting til Monday? They have a saturday game against Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    The Sixers need to go ahead and commit to starting and playing AI the rest of the season. Other teams have tried to change him into a reserve and they have failed.

Plus he will get fans to turn out, helping the team survive this season, as well as helping the team in the future financially.

Why should Williams come off the bench after he is having a great start to the season while finally given a starters job? Makes zero sense. He paid his dues on the bench as the 6th man. Placing him there again is silly. He's not your typical PG but he fits the kind of PG in EJ system much like a Gilbert Arenas did.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Does anyone still believe AI left the Grizzlies for personal reasons?

In other news Memphis has won 6 of their last 9.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Opinion, no facts spewed. Nice try. Hi hater.
    really? So Iverson didn't quit on his teammates after 3 games with the Grizzlies. That didn't happen?

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Press Conference on right now dude is in tears....

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    In other news Memphis has won 6 of their last 9.

Sixers will go on to lose their next 6. Iverson really is the Canswer

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan

Eddie Jordan loves Lou. Holiday and Willie Green are gonna get benched/get less minutes.