Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Hakeem: Dwight is "Very Raw"

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I think his best bet is to pick up on their footwork. Don't focus on chaining moves, etc. this offseason since both will be with the team for a while. No easy task since it's probably one of the hardest things to learn (in no small part due to the fact that you have to change what is natural to you).
    I agree that he should work on his footwork first and foremost. The funniest thing I have heard is that they are teaching him how to "chain moves" like he's going to bust out some crazy Street Fighter move.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I think his best bet is to pick up on their footwork. Don't focus on chaining moves, etc. this offseason since both will be with the team for a while. No easy task since it's probably one of the hardest things to learn (in no small part due to the fact that you have to change what is natural to you).
    I also think great footwork is something you're sort of just born with. I mean obviously you have to work at it and develop it to some extent; but I also think some players just have "it"; they have the instincts, dexterity, feel, etc. for a devastating array of post moves.

But, Dwight is working with arguably the two est in that regard in NBA history, so I'm sure he'll pick-up something.

Translation: He ****ing sucks

We know Hakeem, we know.

All he needs is two moves that he really gets and he could score 25 a game. He needs to stop with all is extra shit. Get a jump hook over each shoulder and then start working on an up and under or spin move. Most of the latter is intuitive and he seems to just not get it.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 08-15-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I agree that he should work on his footwork first and foremost. The funniest thing I have heard is that they are teaching him how to "chain moves" like he's going to bust out some crazy Street Fighter move.
    lol pretty much. He's a season or two away from that. I was pretty pissed off he left at first, but I think this sets LA up pretty well for the loaded draft (I don't think Wiggins is in the cards, but a top 5 pick and Randle or Parker would be huge). I guess he did what he had to do since he hasn't maximized his physical talent, but we'll see if he's able to deliver in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I also think great footwork is something you're sort of just born with. I mean obviously you have to work at it and develop it to some extent; but I also think some players just have "it"; they have the instincts, dexterity, feel, etc. for a devastating array of post moves.

But, Dwight is working with arguably the two est in that regard in NBA history, so I'm sure he'll pick-up something.
    Pretty much. I think they need to spend this summer/training camp/season to rebuild his basics. It actually might be too late and impossible to develop the "instincts, dexterity, feel, etc." you mentioned, but as you said if anyone can teach him it's those two guys.

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Possible to teach him how to make free throws? Wonder why someone hasn't done that for him since he got in the league. Oh yeah, because it's all in his mind. He mind ****s himself. Teaching him post moves doesn't do any good if he's just going to mind **** himself.
    It's not just in his mind, he has horrible form on free throws and all other shots which is why he can't shoot from anywhere on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    and he is still the best center in the NBA by a country mile
    This. Big men are at such a weak era right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    He can learn the technical points, but when you saw Hakeem down low, it was more than just the technical ability. There was a fluidity to his movements, instincts that really can't be taught.
    Dude moved like a guard or perimeter player with his footwork.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

"theres a rhythm"

spot on quote by hakeem.

For those that actually watched Dwight, both with orlando and the lakers, its obvious that he lacks that rhythm when the ball is given to him with his back to the basket. His moves are often stagnated and clumsy. Can he develop this so called "rhythm"? Hard to say. its like teaching someone who cant dance at all, how to dance. Sometimes it works, often times its fruitless.

Banned

They should bring in Yao, just in case those two can't get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Dude moved like a guard or perimeter player with his footwork.

His godly footwork is because he played soccer as a kid. Soccer hones agility, skills and quick movements. Howard would struggle to dribble past an ant with the footwork he has.

It's too late to get anywhere near Hakeem or McHale. His best hope is average footwork. Combine that with his athleticism power, and he can become a decent post player, which is all he needs to be a top 3 player in the game in all honesty.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    its pathetic .....he is a mental midget ...thats why he is never going to win anything...period

We've been saying it for like a decade now. "Dwight's gonna be an absolute animal when he develops a post game"

Still hasn't happened. Hakeem confirmed what we already know: Dwight's post moves are stiff and clumsy, and that's probably never gonna change significantly.

I better see some progress because having the #1/2 NBA post player in NBA history tutoring him should mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I see him as Very Smackdown.....
    More like Sunday Night Heat.