Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 AM   #346
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
LOL, how weird. At the bbs, they think you're anti-tmac.

Yeah, I stopped looking at that thread since my last post in it. People call me stupid, when in reality they just don't get what I'm trying to say. Pointless.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #347
son_of_van_gundy
I airball my layups

son_of_van_gundy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
You know I'm a Rockets fan, right? :

Kobe has been more efficient though, even lately. For example, Kobe has been shooting 47.2% over his last 20, and Tracy is at 46.5%. Close, yes, but Kobe is still slightly better. Free throws are in Kobe's favor easily...no contest there. I obviously like Tracy and the way he's playing right now, but the proof is in the pudding. So, why is he winning more than Kobe right now? Better teammates, as I've said over and over in this thread.

Also, Tracy probably has been playing less minutes lately (too tired to look it up) but the expected result would be higher shooting %'s (due to fresher legs). That's not the case. Turnovers also go up naturally with minutes played. Efficiency is a per minute type of stat anyway, so a 4 or 5 minute difference in their playing times doesn't mean much at all.
No ****, you're a Rockets fan?

Dude what I'm saying is, if you'll be making a comparison and making conclusions such as their numbers are "similar" and that Kobe has been better, include all relevant info such as, I don't know, minutes played? A 4-5 minute difference is huge especially with the way T-mac has been playing. Give T-mac those 4-5 minutes in those 20 games and how much better will his numbers be?

And let's be honest. When the Rockets were struggling last year without T-mac or Yao, everyone was complaining about how the team was weak, Deke was old and done, Juwan needs to be traded, Head is just a shooter, Rafer is not as good as Mike James, I mean the list goes on and on. But now, they are better and it has nothing to do with T-mac's play?
son_of_van_gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:40 AM   #348
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_van_gundy
No ****, you're a Rockets fan?

Dude what I'm saying is, if you'll be making a comparison and making conclusions such as their numbers are "similar" and that Kobe has been better, include all relevant info such as, I don't know, minutes played? A 4-5 minute difference is huge especially with the way T-mac has been playing. Give T-mac those 4-5 minutes in those 20 games and how much better will his numbers be?

And let's be honest. When the Rockets were struggling last year without T-mac or Yao, everyone was complaining about how the team was weak, Deke was old and done, Juwan needs to be traded, Head is just a shooter, Rafer is not as good as Mike James, I mean the list goes on and on. But now, they are better and it has nothing to do with T-mac's play?

Putting words in my mouth, I see. Where did I say that Tracy doesn't make his teammates better? It seems as though you've made that assumption solely based on the fact that I think the Rockets role players are better than the Lakers role players.

Why would you do that?
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: