Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas. Future all star.

These new Eastern European guys have an edge to them, it's refreshing to see tough European players after watching guys like Bargnani and Rudy lol

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    He looks way thicker now than he was before...I don't know if it's a good thing. He looks slow. He looks skilled tho. They're gonna end up playing him at the 5 if he doesn't shed some of that weight. He looks so different.
    ??? What. He's looked athletic as hell. If anything he needs to pack on more muscle (which he is, reason why he looks thicker) so he can hold his position better down low.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    ??? What. He's looked athletic as hell. If anything he needs to pack on more muscle (which he is, reason why he looks thicker) so he can hold his position better down low.
    Yeah that's pretty off imo, he still looks pretty damn thin, which is probably why he can spin so fast. I agree that he needs to buff up some more even if it makes him a little slower, so he won't get punked that easily by bigger guys.

Dude was looking mostly only fit for garbage time earlier on in the season simply because he wasn't very strong and got lost, but now he's shaping up to be a respectable starter, he's definitely put in some work. He clearly still has stamina issues, you can see him huffing and puffing in interviews and shit , but that'll get better. Guy seems to have pretty good bball iq and his positioning is pretty good so he works pretty well with J Lin.

They don't show DMO HL because Lithuania isn't exactly the world's fastest growing economical power. And his moves are unspectacular (though still effective) so as a person looking forward to flashy moves, they will be disappointed.

So therefore business wise, there is little to no incentive for the US and the NBA to invest in Lithuania (compared to China)

Sorry euros. These people don't think you are worth it.

I haven't watched him since he's been starting...so maybe in these 3-4 games he looks different. He rarely played earlier on but he looks slow and cumbersome. Maybe he just didn't have his feet.

He was thicker than before tho and he did look slow when I saw him play. So if he looks more like the clips I'd seen prior to him playing in the NBA, that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    He looks way thicker now than he was before...I don't know if it's a good thing. He looks slow. He looks skilled tho. They're gonna end up playing him at the 5 if he doesn't shed some of that weight. He looks so different.
    You always seem to confidently post things that couldn't be further from the truth as if they are fact. What gives? Don't actually watch? Just like to feel important?

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    Yeah that's pretty off imo, he still looks pretty damn thin, which is probably why he can spin so fast. I agree that he needs to buff up some more even if it makes him a little slower, so he won't get punked that easily by bigger guys.

Dude was looking mostly only fit for garbage time earlier on in the season simply because he wasn't very strong and got lost, but now he's shaping up to be a respectable starter, he's definitely put in some work. He clearly still has stamina issues, you can see him huffing and puffing in interviews and shit , but that'll get better. Guy seems to have pretty good bball iq and his positioning is pretty good so he works pretty well with J Lin.
    BS ,He looked good from the beginning but rockets didn't give him playing time at all. He might have improved during the season but he deserved 20+ min from the beginning of the season..

Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    BS ,He looked good from the beginning but rockets didn't give him playing time at all. He might have improved during the season but he deserved 20+ min from the beginning of the season..
    Pump the breaks, I know you like the kid, but there's no way in hell he deserved to be a 20 min a game player out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    You always seem to confidently post things that couldn't be further from the truth as if they are fact. What gives? Don't actually watch? Just like to feel important?

Not able to read the followup post, right above, and preferred instead to quote something without any basis? And you're talking to me about feeling important?

Good job.

Pump the breaks, I know you like the kid, but there's no way in hell he deserved to be a 20 min a game player out of the gate.

He certainly deserved more than 16 minutes(as a starter) in this game with Dallas . Looks like the Rockets are going to bench him soon and for no reason.

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

He certainly deserved more than 16 minutes(as a starter) in this game with Dallas . Looks like the Rockets are going to bench him soon and for no reason.
    Of course there's a reason. He isn't that good.

I've only seen him play a couple times, but I was impressed by his skill set + size. I could see him becoming a legit starting caliber PF/C. It's surprising that McHale, being a post player himself, doesn't get D-Mo more minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by steve franchise
    Of course there's a reason. He isn't that good.
    Then they should have traded him ,there would have been plenty of teams who think he IS that good.

What are you talking about.. the guy was a complete waste on defense as was a part of just about every run Dallas had. If he isn't scoring he's useless. The guy is raw as hell and has no business being a open day or 20 min starter until he improves his defense. He was pulled off the court for good reason last night.

What are you talking about.. the guy was a complete waste on defense as was a part of just about every run Dallas had. If he isn't scoring he's useless. The guy is raw as hell and has no business being a open day or 20 min starter until he improves his defense. He was pulled off the court for good reason last night.
    Ok then we will take 10 games from the day he was given the starting job and see the Rockets record when he plays 20 and more minutes and when he plays less than 20 minutes.