Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: I would take Jonny Flynn over both Rubio and Jennings

Rubio 100%, so much maturity for someone his age. He started his pro career in Spain when he was 15. He could lead an NBA team already.

I watched this guy play the other day. He was impressive.... but puting him on Baron Davis's level of explosiveness is a little much.

I think they did say he was playing hurt though?

I didn't watch him much his freshman year, as it seems Syracuse is getting less and less national exposure since they have been visiting the NIT the past few years.

I would take Jennings over Flynn, but I love Flynn. Height is overrated.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Only reason Flynn won't be a lottery pick is because he's probably going to measure at 5'10" when he hits the predraft camp. If he was a legit 6'2" he'd be the first PG taken this coming draft.

Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Only reason Flynn won't be a lottery pick is because he's probably going to measure at 5'10" when he hits the predraft camp. If he was a legit 6'2" he'd be the first PG taken this coming draft.

I have stood next to Flynn, (spare me the "pics or it didn't happen" routine) and since I am nearly 6ft3 ( certainly 6ft2 or taller) Flynn can't be any less than 6ft to my eyes. He might be as tall as 6ft 1.

Just for the record the guy is very likable as a person. Flynn is friendly, unassuming, and a little bit of a joker, he seems to genuinely like to make people laugh. Good kid all the way, and a ton of talent too.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
    I have stood next to Flynn, (spare me the "pics or it didn't happen" routine) and since I am nearly 6ft3 ( certainly 6ft2 or taller) Flynn can't be any less than 6ft to my eyes. He might be as tall as 6ft 1.

Just for the record the guy is very likable as a person. Flynn is friendly, unassuming, and a little bit of a joker, he seems to genuinely like to make people laugh. Good kid all the way, and a ton of talent too.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    of course, if he was 6'2 he'd be #1 overall arguably, so gay how they look so much into height.

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    Flynn reminds me of Rodney Stuckey a little bit. Looks promising but of course I don't follow college basketball so I have no idea how good he is.
    Yeah maybe but the reason Stuckey has been effective is due to his size.

His form is (imo) raw

I think he'll be one of those 5'11" barefoot guys like Augustin was this year.

What separates Flynn is his defense. He really gets low in his stance and doesn't let his man get by him. You HAVE to set screens on him.

Right now he's probably in the 15-20 range in the first round (Da ko king might know more). And yes if he was 6'2" he'd be in the Rubio/Jennings "top pg in the draft" discussion.

Funny how scouts think you need to be 6'2 to defend NBA pg's and he's the best defender of the 3.

McCants is Available!!

I'd take Ty Lawson and Patrick Mills over Flynn, maybe even Calathes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I think he'll be one of those 5'11" barefoot guys like Augustin was this year.

What separates Flynn is his defense. He really gets low in his stance and doesn't let his man get by him. You HAVE to set screens on him.

Right now he's probably in the 15-20 range in the first round (Da ko king might know more). And yes if he was 6'2" he'd be in the Rubio/Jennings "top pg in the draft" discussion.

Funny how scouts think you need to be 6'2 to defend NBA pg's and he's the best defender of the 3.
    I agree.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I would take Jonny Flynn over both Rubio and Jennings
    then you're screwed

Banned

I love watching this kid play, he has so much poise. Even now I would still take Jennings because if he managed to fill out just a little bit he would be very hard to stop defensively. I would take Flynn over Rubio however simply because I don't see Rubio's game translating well to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    then you're screwed
    For some reason I doubt you've watched all 3 play away from highlights. Not trying to start something against you, but not many people have.

What's something that Rubio/Jennings are CLEARLY better at than Flynn? I'd give Jennings the athleticism advantage but as far as talent there isn't 1 aspect of their game that's clearly better.