Page 95 of 153 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2288

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    So Chester Frazier won't be playing tomorrow..First major injury of the year and it comes just as the postseason starts...great.
    what happened?

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    what happened?
    Severely injured his hand during practice. Might be done for the season. It's gota be pretty bad to keep Chester out.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

That's a huge blow. I can only hope that Jeff is ready enough to step up in his place.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

this could be a blessing in disguise... the only thing chester brings to the table is leadership, i know thats huge considering the post season, but i think jeff will do good, im glad its happening now instead of going into the ncaa tourney, this will be jeffs time to shine

Only leadership? He's held every major Big Ten scorer to either dismal shooting or made them a non-factor. His defense and his poise is what we'll miss most... not to mention he's our 2nd leading rebounder and the Big Ten's leading assist man.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I didn't even hear about Frazier's injury until the bottom line on ESPN showing the ILL/MICH game said he'd be out. This does suck cuz Frazier has been showing more offensive output in his past couple of games.

Hopefully Jordan does play well in his place. Although I think this just means we're going to see McCamey with the ball in his hands more.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

That fan they just showed dancing immediately following the post game sideline interview should be shunned everywhere he goes on campus. Wish I had a gif of that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    That fan they just showed dancing immediately following the post game sideline interview should be shunned everywhere he goes on campus. Wish I had a gif of that guy.
    I was laughing so hard that. I was thinking of the "Dancing Homer" episode of the Simpsons.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I was laughing so hard that. I was thinking of the "Dancing Homer" episode of the Simpsons.
    now that I think about it that was a pretty similar dance. Maybe that's what he was going for, so for that I salute him.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    this could be a blessing in disguise... the only thing chester brings to the table is leadership, i know thats huge considering the post season, but i think jeff will do good, im glad its happening now instead of going into the ncaa tourney, this will be jeffs time to shine
    He's an above-average playmaker/distributor, one of the best rebounding point guards in the country and should've been Big Ten Defensive POY. Only brings leadership to the table? Shut the hell up.

No, the only thing he didn't bring to the table was scoring, and he has had big scoring games and hit big shots at times in his career when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    I didn't even hear about Frazier's injury until the bottom line on ESPN showing the ILL/MICH game said he'd be out. This does suck cuz Frazier has been showing more offensive output in his past couple of games.

Hopefully Jordan does play well in his place. Although I think this just means we're going to see McCamey with the ball in his hands more.
    Surprisingly, Trent had the ball in his hands a lot more. He essentially slid into Chester's spot with Brock playing Trent's wing spot.

Did anyone see what happened in the Waukegan/Warren sectional game last night?

Brandon Paul hit three FTs to put Warren up 68-66 with four seconds left.

Then this happened.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    Surprisingly, Trent had the ball in his hands a lot more. He essentially slid into Chester's spot with Brock playing Trent's wing spot.
    Not too surprising because Trent is one of the team's best ball handlers. He takes care of the ball well. Trent takes Chester's role on offense, Brock takes his role on defense.

And yeah, I did see that Warren-Waukegan thing. Absolutely insane. Richmond's shot is getting all the attention, and deservedly so, but it was great to see Paul calmly drain 3 free throws in crunch time.

I still believe we can pull back into this game. Win it or not, I don't know, but atleast show some life. They're not playing that all spectacular, just got to play our game.