Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #31
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Default Re: New Kobe Rumor!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Well the rumors of Kobe wanting to be traded are really true just heard it on ESPN and it doesn't look like he'll be back playing for the Lakers next season. So basically, it's just a matter of who is he going to be traded for and when. Hopefully the Bulls make the right move and get him as expected.

ha. ESPN is hardly a definitives source. they are basing their entire story off of an article on Kobe's website which is a month old, written during his flip-flopping.
however, I wouldn't be surprised if Laker mgmt is over Kobe.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #32
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
in my opinion, i think paxson really knows that kobe is not really what they need cause he knows that a low post scoring big man is his number 1 priority...........he figures that if he can get kobe for cheap, then why not go for it..............a lot of people are talking about including wallace in the trade, they're right, just to match the salary.........but, i'm sure paxson is not stupid enough to lose gordon, nocioni, tyrus thomas, pj brown, chris duhon, and the 9th pick ( not all together, but a combination of those players ) for just kobe..........i'm sure he is exploring every possibility of landing kobe and getting a decent low post guy.............paxson knows what he's doing, everything we hear right now are just rumors.....some might be half-way true, and others are just bullsh.i.t.........we won't know whatz gonna happen until draft night.........thatz when everything comes out..........if kobe ends up in chicago, i'm cool with that...........if not, then i have a feeling that something will go down on draft night..............letz just hope itz a deal that would make the team better..........

Kobe got the Lakers to the Playoffs, pretty much single handed. If he comes to Chicago and we don't give up Deng/Hinrich then we will already be a better team.

Also I now think that if we have to give up Tyrus we should try to keep the 9th pick and give them a later 1st round pick. That way we could replace Tyrus with Hawes, which I think would be a great move since Hawes would be a low post man. Then having Hinrich, Byrant, and Deng on the outside - it'd be over.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #33
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

thatz the problem, kobe got the lakers to the playoffs by himself..........but, how long can you keep doing that.........sooner or later, you gotta play team ball to be successful...........lebron scored the last 25 points for his team against detroit and won the series.........after that, everybody was all up on him, comparing him to jordan about his performance..............thatz because he got no supporting cast and he had to do it all by himself.........then, they got to the finals and look what happen, spurs had a gameplan on stopping lebron and nobody from his team can even step up.............so, as much as we hate to see some of the bulls players being so inconsistent especially gordon, at least we have other guys that tries to step up when one player is not doing well..............so, to break up the main core for one guy is not worth it..................in my opinion, paxson will try to keep hinrich, deng, and wallce.........and maybe tyrus thomas and sefolosha........and the rest are expendable..........he's not gonna try to get rid of hinrich, pax is in love with kirk........he's a good pg, better than some starting pg's in the league........we all know he won't get rid of deng...........and wallace? i know he has to be included for salary cap reasons, but why would he get rid of the heart and soul of the defense..........he worked his ass off last summer to grab wallace from detroit to just trade him for a one-man show.......he won't do that..............so, in my opinion, he can throw in any combinations of the rest of the team and try to keep the pick, if the lakers want the 9th pick, then the bulls should at least exchange it with the lakers 19th pick so at least they can still get somebody decent........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #34
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

In my opinion, Wallace is expendable for Bryant. He is a good fit for Lakers with Gordon and #9 pick, and then it would allow us to keep our young great players like Thabo, TT and Deng. Wallace is going to play every year worse, he was in his top shape until two years ago, last year in Detroit he put his worst career stats, and with the Bulls is continuing to go down. I know it's hard to find a good center like him, but I think with Colliison the front line would be ok. And we could have something like this: Hinrich - Bryant - Deng -Thomas/Noce - Collison.
It's not a dynasty team but at least we can try to win. Otherwise, if we'd trade all of our TT, Thabo, Noce, Duhon etc...I think it's better think to Gasol or an other skilled PF, that is what we priorly need...and good bye Kobe, see you on 2009!
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #35
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

i agree with you captain.........wallace is somewhat expendable for bryant.........but, if thatz the case, i wouldn't even bother about doing this trade at all.........like you said, our number 1 need is a scoring pf, number 2 is an upgrade at sg ( i like gordon, but bryant would be better ).........if we are going to lose our number 1 scorer along with wallace, i wouldn't do it.......maybe wallace is showing that he's slowing down and not the same player he was in detroit, but he still intimidates opposing teams, still a beast defensively.........

c - collison or wallace
pf - thomas gasol
sf - deng deng
sg - bryant ?
pg - hinrich hinrich

i would rather have wallace and gasol together down low than collison and thomas.............
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #36
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

QUESTION:
Is it true that Bulls mgmt (and fans?) are disenchanted with Ben Wallace and his fat contract?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #37
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
i agree with you captain.........wallace is somewhat expendable for bryant.........but, if thatz the case, i wouldn't even bother about doing this trade at all.........like you said, our number 1 need is a scoring pf, number 2 is an upgrade at sg ( i like gordon, but bryant would be better ).........if we are going to lose our number 1 scorer along with wallace, i wouldn't do it.......maybe wallace is showing that he's slowing down and not the same player he was in detroit, but he still intimidates opposing teams, still a beast defensively.........

c - collison or wallace
pf - thomas gasol
sf - deng deng
sg - bryant ?
pg - hinrich hinrich

i would rather have wallace and gasol together down low than collison and thomas.............
Pax could also try to use our mid lev exception for Magloire, I think Gasol-Magloire would be perfect, and Blazers don't need him cause they're going to have Oden and Aldridge in the same spot.
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: