Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Memphis Bleek...

Why did Jay not push this kid out to the public back in the late 90s? I used to think he was trash but I'm listening to his old stuff right now and I'm like damn why did Jay do this kid wrong, well I should believe it cuz he did Buddens bad too but I don't know if it's the horrible music today or if he was really good?

He kind of reminds me of Styles P with his content or a Jadakiss.

Check out his verse on More Money, More Cash, More Hoes and on the Holla Holla remix.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Memphis Bleek...

Could be wrong, but didnt Jay ghostwrite his shyt?
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian

No. The Understanding is one of my personal favorite Hip Hop albums of all time
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
some tracks made me think so, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4FA01wE8LA
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

From what I remember, everyone was bending over backwards to make Memphis Bleek famous, but he just can't get over his essential irrelevance. He's the most average rapper of all-time. The only thing about him that isn't nondescript is how nondescript he is. The only way he could have ever been relevant was if all other rappers disappeared. His whole situation reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy."
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
From what I remember, everyone was bending over backwards to make Memphis Bleek famous, but he just can't get over his essential irrelevance. He's the most average rapper of all-time. The only thing about him that isn't nondescript is how nondescript he is. The only way he could have ever been relevant was if all other rappers disappeared. His whole situation reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy."

damn u kicked him and kicked him hard
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat coolIBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat cool

534 was my album back in the day.. smoke the pain away and alright are two of my favorite songs, and dear summer by jay gave this cd hype but it was crazy
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

I'm trying to remember if I used to like Bleek or not ... hmm
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #9
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The only Memph Bleek song I can remember bangin was that Round Here with Trick Daddy and T.I., that beat went hard.

I'm not sure if I could remember any of Bleek's verse present day though, but I think I can remember some of T.I.'s and Trick Daddy's, so that goes to show how much of a Memphis Bleek fan I was.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:34 AM   #10
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Tela >> Memphis Bleek.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #11
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

Fuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
This is the most succinct and accurate summation of a rapper I've ever read
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: