Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Define "spark off the bench"

I keep hearing this word being used in regards to, and sometimes to defend, the beloved Toney Douglas. Please tell me your definition of a "spark off the bench" and name some guys who are the epitome of such term. Then tell me where Toney Douglas stacks up and fits in among said players. My idea of "sparks off the bench" include:

Jason Terry
Jamal Crawford
James Harden
Nate Robinson
Norris Cole
Tracy McGrady
Louis Williams
Jordan Crawford
JR Smith
Leandro Barbosa
Mo Williams
etc.

I don't think Douglas is better than any of those guys. MAYBE Jordan Crawford.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default Re: Define "spark off the bench"

To me a spark of the bench is a player who brings energy and points to your team thats strugling to compete. My example of a spark of the bench is james harden, the man is so good he should start, and oj mayo.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
To me a spark of the bench is a player who brings energy and points to your team thats strugling to compete. My example of a spark of the bench is james harden, the man is so good he should start, and oj mayo.

That's what I thought N I don't see any of our bench guys as that.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's a difference between "spark off the bench" and "sixth man".

A "Spark" can ignite a teams defense, or offense.

Toney Douglas fits the "spark of the bench role", as he did at times last year.

Omer Asik from the Bulls is a spark off the bench yet hardly scores at all.

Your sixth man on the other hand stabilizes, and orchestrates the second unit.

Ginobili and Terry are excellent examples of such.

Usually a teams sixth man is good enough to start on that squad.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A spark off the bench is when the bench is made out of metal and you hit it violently with a bar or another piece of metal.

but seriously. Td is simply the best scorer of our bench. Not a great sixth man but the best spark we can get

Last edited by Jasi : 01-09-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
A spark off the bench is when the bench is made out of metal and you hit it violently with a bar or another piece of metal.

but seriously. Td is simply the best scorer of our bench. Not a great sixth man but the best spark we can get

I just pray you didnt think too hard to come up with that joke
Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I just pray you didnt think too hard to come up with that joke
Have mercy .. it's not easy to make puns in a foreign language :)
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: