Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far
Default Lebron, KG-Food for thought

With Lebrons hesitation in signing an extension with Cleveland, it's becoming more likely that he may want explore free agency down the line. With that being said, what if he decided to come to LA, along with KG when he becomes a free agent as well. That would give the Lakers three future hall of famers who came to the league directly from high school. Throw in Bynum and Kwame at center, assuming they are still around at the time, and you have a team full of high schoolers that would be promised the championship for years to come. The bottom line is that it would be a total slap in the face to David Stern and it would go to show how stupid the NBA age limit rule is. There always have and always will be players that will declare for the draft early, whether they go to college or not. This years draft was no exception as players who came out early were either drafted late or not drafted at all (Darius Washington Jr.). At the same time, there will be players who will continue to develop and be ready for the league after high school (Greg Oden). Just some food for thought. Comments?
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well it wouldnt say anything about high school because these guys are already like 25 and up.

he didnt make the age limit to give the guys time to develop.

He made the rule to show that he has control and that hes the man just like how he took action against the pacer piston brawl.

He just wants to show his dominance in this league and I think he should resign.

However
I heard from an insider that LBJ to LA is a very big possibility because before he was drafted he had sent game tapes of himself to the lakers only.

Also what happens if he does come to LA his Nike contract will reportedly go up to 200 million dollars and he made a comment before the draft saying he wanted to be the richest man in the NBA.

With all that being said I think he will look to become a laker when his rookie contract expires in 08 when we have money.

By the way this is not speculation, an insider told me all this.

More info on him u can look for him on www.letsgolakers.com
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

I am certainly aware of the possibility of James LA. It would make for a sure dynasty and thats something that he certainly must know.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

leopoldotoribio has an OK reputation so far

it was what i have expected the lakers to do before they got radmonovich. with the nike stuff and every player dreaming of player going to LA with the glamour i thought lebron would go to LA next year. but since they acquired radmonovich their salary cap isn't possible next year. i do hope that we get KG via trade for us to challenge phoenix.
leopoldotoribio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
Dat1
I brick open layups

Dat1 has an OK reputation so far

heads will collide between kobe and bron about who will be the leader
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:46 PM   #6
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

If there are two players that I believe can co-exist, its Kobe and Lebron. Lebron is very unselfish and I could see the team redefining Showtime Lakers.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #7
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

The will also have cap space because they are still paying Brian Grants contract due to the "Allan Houston" rule and it will be expiring next year.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #8
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

joe lucky has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
The will also have cap space because they are still paying Brian Grants contract due to the "Allan Houston" rule and it will be expiring next year.
If Lebron wants to sign w/ the Lakers that would take them way over the cap given Kobe's and Lamar's contracts (assuming Bynum options out at 08'). People forget Odom is make upwards of like 12-13 million a year. The cap is like at 49.5 and Kobe and Lamar take up 63% of that. Assuming we are able to get Lebron for a standard 5 year contract ala Wade (~85 million for 5 years) this puts the Lakers over the cap w/ just 3 player's contracts. I'm sure there are financial tricks to save a million here and there but the fact remains that the salary cap was designed to prevent this kind of talent imbalance. Lebron + Kobe + Odom would likely take them to the Finals and probably win a championship.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:24 AM   #9
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

leopoldotoribio has an OK reputation so far

as what i have said in my earlier post. i thought the lakers were thinking of getting lebron on 2008. but after signing radmonovich they are well above the salary cap now and on 2008. kobe-odom-bynum-radmonovich eats up to 40+million of the lakers salary. so getting lebron is off the list... (by the way kobe and lebron could co exist because lebron is very unselfish and kobe now learns the value of having a superstar partner since losing shaq)

what the lakers should do is
1. hire a good role player like a gerald wallace or a marcus banks w/ the fre agency market

2. trade odom,mihm,smush and cook for KG...

3. trade for mihm and get a solid player...

mihm is very attractive to teams because he has low salary and is a solid player.

by signing radmonovich they got 1 of 2 players that could solve the puzzle for the lakers to beat the suns in the west finals. if they can't get the other 1 raja bell will be laughing at kobe again....
leopoldotoribio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe lucky
If Lebron wants to sign w/ the Lakers that would take them way over the cap given Kobe's and Lamar's contracts (assuming Bynum options out at 08'). People forget Odom is make upwards of like 12-13 million a year. The cap is like at 49.5 and Kobe and Lamar take up 63% of that. Assuming we are able to get Lebron for a standard 5 year contract ala Wade (~85 million for 5 years) this puts the Lakers over the cap w/ just 3 player's contracts. I'm sure there are financial tricks to save a million here and there but the fact remains that the salary cap was designed to prevent this kind of talent imbalance. Lebron + Kobe + Odom would likely take them to the Finals and probably win a championship.

While I am not saying or advocating that this scenario could happen, if Lebron wanted to come to the Lakers, I would suspect that EVERYONE would be moveable with the exception of Kobe. So, I would imagine that Odom would be gone under those circumstances.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

If there were any possibility that James would come to LA, the Lakers would definitely make the required moves to free up cap space. Another thing to be taken into consideration is the fact that Lebrons Nike contrac t doubles if he comes to LA. He knows that and so does his agent, so he could play in LA and even with a pay cut he would still make more money then he would with another team offering him the maximum. On top of that, KG may be available via trade, according to the new rumors. When this thread was started it was about possibility but it looks like theres is definitely a chance of this materializing, although it is a little premature. I still think that if it did take place, this would be the biggest dynasty in NBA history and it would definitely say something that the greatest team comprised of arguably three of the greatest players, accompished all of this while making the jump straight from high school. The age limit is ridiculous and I think that this team would be the greatest representation of that.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
On top of that, KG may be available via trade, according to the new rumors. When this thread was started it was about possibility but it looks like theres is definitely a chance of this materializing, although it is a little premature.

The only "real" rumors you are speaking of are the one's floating around on message boards like this one. We can all create our rumors. Nothing has been substantiated by anyone credible from ESPN or wherever... If so, and I missed it, please show me a source or two that corroborates the rumors you refer to.

Thanks,
Old 07-08-2006, 03:27 PM   #13
SoCalMike

Lebron signed his contract extension with Cleveland today... another rumor dead!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: