Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why are Ainge and Doc so obsessed with combo guards?

By the way, Ainge is madly in love with Tyreke Evans game. I think he also targeted him before the trade dedline but he failed. Would have been another combo guard on the Celtics roster.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
I don't think Ainge could have gotten a useful big without shipping out Bradley, Pierce, Rondo, or KG. Williams is on a 10 day contract, so he did not have a solid spot in the rotation yet. The Celtics needed a 4th guard and Collins wasn't very useful anyways beside giving out fouls.

Celtics didn't need another "SG" in Crawford. Like what I said, if he acquired a legit "PG"to replace Rondo, I and some Cs fans could have understood it but instead he get us our 4th SG on the roster.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #18
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
Celtics didn't need another "SG" in Crawford. Like what I said, if he acquired a legit "PG"to replace Rondo, I and some Cs fans could have understood it but instead he get us our 4th SG on the roster.
The Celtics didn't need a SG, but they did need a guard to distribute minutes in case of foul heavy situations. It would have been better if they got a point, but what team is willing to give up a decent ball handling point guard for Collins and the body of Barbosa?
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
dbugz
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
The Celtics didn't need a SG, but they did need a guard to distribute minutes in case of foul heavy situations. It would have been better if they got a point, but what team is willing to give up a decent ball handling point guard for Collins and the body of Barbosa?

Quote:
C's show interest in Pargo: Comcast SportsNet New England reported Thursday that the Celtics have shown interest in free agent point guard Jannero Pargo. "Yes, we have talked," Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein said. "But I know Danny (Ainge, Boston's president of Basketball Operations) is weighing a lot of different options right now, looking for what works best for them. We're doing the same thing, too."

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/02/c...ent-guard.html

I don't know what happened why it didn't work out. It should have been a good move and signing for us. We should have still Collins right now and an expirer in Barbosa instead.

I have nothing against Crawford but I'm not seeing a decent MPG for him in Boston.

Last edited by dbugz : 02-22-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #20
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Jordan Crawford can play some PG, if you need him to (not really), but he's not a combo guard. I know he's listed at 6'4 and I doubt he's any shorter than Eric Gordon. He's a SG, thru and thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I think Doc is a good coach. however, their roster is shit. If you look at their roster and how well they are doing... it speaks to their coaching staff and the effort of the players.

-Smak

No, Doc Rivers and his coaching is a problem. The players are doing well because they're good and because of effort. There's a reason they're doing well without Rondo and weren't doing so well with him. You can't have 3 all-stars, in the East, with a bunch of depth, and be at .500. That's on Rivers.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #21
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
http://www.celticslife.com/2013/02/c...ent-guard.html

I don't know what happened why it didn't work out. It should have been a good move and signing for us. We should have still Collins right now and an expirer in Barbosa instead.

I have nothing against Crawford but I'm not seeing a decent MPG for him in Boston.
Pargo would have been a decent signing. I don't see Crawford getting more than 15 mpg unless he explodes.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #22
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I think Doc is a good coach. however, their roster is shit. If you look at their roster and how well they are doing... it speaks to their coaching staff and the effort of the players.
The Celtics head coach is Kevin Garnett and their main assistant is Rondo and their best player is Pierce. It's been that way for 5 years. Doc is a likeable guy who jumps up and down and speaks to the media, but you could replace him with ANYONE and with a roster of professionals and tough guys led by KG in the East you'd have a contender.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: