Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-17-2006, 10:59 PM   #1
Nhui
I brick open layups

Nhui has an OK reputation so far
Default Bargnani Most Underrated 1st Overall Pick Ever?

I don't think ever in recent history of the NBA that a 1st overall pick has had such little exposure. Andrea gets almost no media coverage and analysts barely touch on him for the Raptors game plan, rather focusing on guys like Bosh, Ford, and even Parker. Even Bogut last year got some exposure in regards to how the Bucks will play, and I am willing to bet Andrea will at least average more points than Bogut (and blocks too) last year. So what gives? Is it cause Amercians still don't care about the Raptors? I know this has been done to death but people are SERIOUSLY underestimating what Andrea can do, the guy is going to be an offensive force soon enough.. know this has be done to death but just wanna say it again.. I am pumped for this season!!!
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

It's because they are being realistic and not expecting him to be a factor like he won't be.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:11 AM   #3
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Another thing is this draft didnt have Lock 1st overall pick soo anyone couldved been picked there.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i think it's because there was so little known about him before the draft... and nothing has really changed afterwards.

he had a solid summerleague showing... and he's probably been in the gym working with coaches and trainers on the nuances of the NBA game.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

I dont think hes going to be a huge factor, but he will score points for sure, a couple years from now i can see him being a big part of our franchise.

if he could learn to play the nba 3 spot, than our team could start 3 bigs. For bargs to do that tho hes gotta gain some footspeed, and learn how to guard smaller players off the dribble.

i do agree that stations like ESPN, and TNT don't play Raptor games and put everything they do down, im pretty sure on draft night they said that trading jamison for carter and cash wasnt a smart decison. all the team has to do is define themselves in the league as a winning franchise and the raps will be on those stations, and taken serious
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I think most have said it. Mainly b/c there wasn't a consensus #1. This draft will be looked at in terms of who teams DIDN'T take, vs who they did.

Bargs IMO will never be a 3 and I hope they don't try to groom him as a 3. If we wanted a 3, there were better ones available in the draft. We took Bargs to hopefully be our up tempo 5 of the future. A Okur/Gasol combination but better. He needs to add a continued post game and weight. Rasho isn't the answer at the 5 by any stretch, so it's not like Bargs should play the 3 b/c we're set at the 4/5. That isn't even close. We're set at the 1/4 and that is it. Hopefully Bargs will make that the 1/4/5.

Granger would have made that 1/3/4/5 but I digress.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #7
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Although the Jury is out on Bargs til he's played in the NBA, I think if he can consistantly bury the outside jumper as we know he can, he'll be one of the top 3 rooks this year. And remember his above average ball handling skills for a 7 fter. Early comparisons to Dirk are right on.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #8
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

just lookat the critics dissing CV when we drafted him, and how he turned out to be, and u mite expect some of the same from bargnani this year
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #9
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

It's all media driven; US media driven.

Let's face it. They would rather have an American drafted first than a player they are not familiar with.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #10
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

here's how i see it..being first pick doesnt mean anything...just look at Darko Milicic...who? you ask... he is none other then the 2nd pick(not second round, 2nd over all) of the detroit pistons in the 2003 draft. And guess how good old darko is doing right now he's on the magic averaging 4.8 points and 2.7 rebounds...and did i mention he's a 7 footer?? And HOW did this to be superstar, now bench warmer, go down this road??was it a bad gm??lack of chemisty??no skill??over rated?? noooooooooooooooooooooo it was because he is the KING of injuries second to only the god of injuries Vince Carter(justa joke don get offended all who read this...but since its a raps forum not many people will disagree)so in conclusion...
high picks=not always tears of joy
low picks=not always tears of sorrow
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #11
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

note Emmanuel Ginobili (spurs for all you people who are JUST raptor fans and dont watch any other team) was drafted 57th pick...just to give you guys something to think about
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #12
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockShot
here's how i see it..being first pick doesnt mean anything...just look at Darko Milicic...who? you ask... he is none other then the 2nd pick(not second round, 2nd over all) of the detroit pistons in the 2003 draft. And guess how good old darko is doing right now he's on the magic averaging 4.8 points and 2.7 rebounds...and did i mention he's a 7 footer?? And HOW did this to be superstar, now bench warmer, go down this road??was it a bad gm??lack of chemisty??no skill??over rated?? noooooooooooooooooooooo it was because he is the KING of injuries second to only the god of injuries Vince Carter(justa joke don get offended all who read this...but since its a raps forum not many people will disagree)so in conclusion...
high picks=not always tears of joy
low picks=not always tears of sorrow

im sorry...WHAT?

you implying we've never heard of darko and i can assure you he is the type of player raps fans have wanted since he came avliable, hes a stone cold shot blocker

and king of injuries????
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: