Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 08-14-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Post Defensive threat to the paint

Here's the thing, I know that Kendrick Perkins might be the starter for the Boston Celtics, cause he is a young and upcoming talent. So why do I think Theo Ratliff would be better suitable for the starting spot. Ratliff starting would take minutes of Perkins but what the heck. I know Theo ain't in the form that he used to be, but damn he led the league in blocks and can still do that. I think the Celtics could use stopper like that in the paint. So what do you think? (Depht chart from insidehoops.com)

BOSTON CELTICS DEPTH CHART

PG Delonte West-----Sebastian Telfair----Rajon Rondo
SG Wally Szczerbiak--Tony Allen----------Allan Ray
SF Paul Pierce--------Gerald Green------- Brian Scalabrine
PF Al Jefferson--------Ryan Gomes--------Brian Grant
C Kendrick Perkins-Theo Ratliff -----Kevin Pittsnogle

Last edited by Finn T-Mac : 08-14-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I think they should use Theo was much as they can if he is healthy and still plays well. Perkins is young and will still see playing time
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Ratliff really hasn't been productive for a while. And the Celtics need to figure out once and for all if kendrick perkins is a true building block or if they're better off showcasing and then dealing him
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

ratliffs knees are going to fall off this year
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

It would be good if the C's can get 15-20 minutes a night out of Ratliff. Perk should be ready to handle the starter's load.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:39 AM   #6
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
It would be good if the C's can get 15-20 minutes a night out of Ratliff. Perk should be ready to handle the starter's load.

Ratliff should start and in addition to that so should Telfair.....they would be a fastbreak team....with G.G. and P.P. on the wings and Gomes on the run they would be a real nice young and running team....they should just leave ratliff on the defensive end and tell him to stay there and block shots to lead fastbreaks and he shouldnt leave the basket...that way he doesnt have to move and wont ge tired as fast and he can play more minutes......
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Ratliff is clearly over-paid though...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:58 AM   #8
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I mean, Iím planning to be a starter,Ē (Theo) Ratliff said. ďIím planning to go out and Iím going to try to win the job. I want to do the best I can, and weíll see if thatís good enough for me to have the starting position. If I need to come off the bench, then thatís what Iíll do. Itís really not a big deal either way. ďIím going to push Kendrick to his limit, and heís supposed to push me to my limit. Thatís the way itís supposed to be.Ē Perkins is similarly inclined." Boston Herald

ďHeís arguably still the best shot blocker in the league,Ē Perkins said of Ratliff. ďYou canít take that from him. Weíre both competing for the same job, but at the same time it ainít personal. Weíre teammates. Weíve both got the same goal right now, and thatís to win games. However that happens, thatís great with me. You know me. Iím just going hard. I ainít taking any breaks out there."

From insidehoops.com rumors...I still think Theo is the starter in upcoming season. We'll see.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

with all due respect i think he should be... Perks should learn from him...
Old 10-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Do you think you might miss Raef LaFrentz of Mark Blount more than you think for this Boston team?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:15 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

LaFrentz was a outside scorer... WAS... now he's a washed up piece of overpaid crap!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:46 AM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Raef's overpaid but would be a good player for us once every three games or so. He made the offense excellent when his three was dropping...unfortunately that wasn't consistent. But it happenned enough, along with his superior effort and rebounding, to put him ahead of Mark Blount. I doubt he's missed a great deal, but Blount won't be missed at all.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: