Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default My friend........

If this is not the stupidest basketball argument you've ever heard I dont know what is.

1. He says the Knicks should've signed David Lee to a multi year deal.

My argument. He's in his prime now, why sign him past his prime?

2. He is a franchize player.

My argument. Was that a joke? Sure hes scoring 16 ppg but hes giving up 20-30 ppg. This is as good as hes going to be this year.

3. Oh so why should we sign LeBron james to a multi year deal next year because wed sign him past his prime.

My argument. Because LeBron can average a triple double in his prime and will be as good as Kobe now when hes out of his prime- Wait Did you just compare David Lee to LeBron James?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My friend........

this should be on fmylife.com its sad to be this foolish lol. I'm not even sure LeBron has reached his prime.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

If he hasnt then its just amazing what hes done last season.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

He can score & rebound, but put shooters around him like Al, Galli, N8, he probably would average near a triple-double in a season.

Who are the shooters on Cleveland this year other than LBJ?
Mo?
Shaq?
Delonte (BANG-BANG) West?
Z?

Lebron is not winning a chip with that team this year.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
He can score & rebound, but put shooters around him like Al, Galli, N8, he probably would average near a triple-double in a season.

Who are the shooters on Cleveland this year other than LBJ?
Mo?
Shaq?
Delonte (BANG-BANG) West?
Z?

Lebron is not winning a chip with that team this year.

Are you suggesting hed be close to a triple double because he will get so many rebounds from Al and Nate missing shots?
Old 09-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Are you suggesting hed be close to a triple double because he will get so many rebounds from Al and Nate missing shots?

That made me chuckle. But you are probably right.

Jefferies and Douglas come to mind though.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are you suggesting earlofupstate that the Knicks are better than Cleveland minus LeBron.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:01 AM   #8
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Are you suggesting earlofupstate that the Knicks are better than Cleveland minus LeBron.

I think so. Take Lebron off that team and what do you have? (I know they have Shaq now, but Phoenix had him ,with Amare', Nash etc. and they didn't do anything including not making the playoffs.)

If Lebron came to the Knicks, you know everyone will be saying, "The Knicks are a championship contender now". I mean sportswriters, ESPN etc.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thats funny.

LeBron is in his physical prime, he should hit his prime in a couple of years. Problem is, he relies way too much on his physical abilities. He should tho, I mean, this man has an amazing combination of strength and speed. Not to mention his jumping ability or footwork.
He will not be just as good as Kob' is right now (age 31). Players drift further away from the basket once they get older, and LeBron doesnt have a jumpshot. Kobe has an amazing array of moves, from the post to far away from deep. of course this can be altered by perfecting your game, thats how some elite players got their longetivity.

But seriously, comparing LBJ to David Lee ?
David Lee a franchise player? how old is this guy?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

ppl forget lebron will only be 25 this december.also,what ppl take for granted and forget about lebron is that out of anyone in the league,he has improved the most each offseason when compared to any of the leagues superstars. Every year he adds something to his game.N contrary to popular belief,his shooting has gotten far better.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think it's outrageous to say Cleveland with out Lebron is any better than current Knicks squad.

Their guard spot is not that good, similar to ours.

Their is not that great either.

Their true advantage is at center and forward, outside of that they are a lotto team without LeBron.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: