Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Is this not a hint at the REAL REASON why NE traded Moss?

or am i reading too much into it?

It’s great to have a competitor like him,’’ Welker said. “He’s going to compete every play. He’s going to give you his all and run great routes and be in the right spot and be a very accountable guy, and so it’s great to have somebody like that out on the field with you.’’ -Wes Welker on Branch

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...rabber/?page=2

maybe i am reading too much into it, but just seems odd to me Welker would point those things out and emphasize them like that right after getting rid of Moss
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is this not a hint at the REAL REASON why NE traded Moss?

Moss going hard 50% of the time>>>Branch.I dont think that he was hinting at anything though, sounds like every teammate just hyping up a new one.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Moss going hard 50% of the time>>>Branch.I dont think that he was hinting at anything though, sounds like every teammate just hyping up a new one.

i think Moss is/was overrated now. especially without Brady throwing him the ball, and a washed up Favre with a lot of other issues throwing him the ball in Minny. not saying Moss wasn't a alltime great receiver who was one of the most dominating receivers ever, but that was in Minny when Culpepper would just throw 50/50 bombs and he'd regularly catch them. he's nowhere near that player anymore.

don't sleep on Branch, i think he'll do pretty well filling Moss's shoes, if not be more consistent, partly because Brady is in love with him.

you're probably right, but it just seems odd to me Welker would say all of that RIGHT AFTER Moss was dealt. like its what they gained, and didn't have before...

the thing is there HAS to be a reason they're all hiding why they let Moss go. this quote makes the most sense so far imo...
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

pretty sure moss giving up on teams is old news..
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove

Moss is like LeBron James. Freak athlete, heavily criticized for lack of urgency, work ethic.. brought down for being single dimensional and what not.. All subjective and silly. You know what though PG: 30/9/7 on 50% is what it is at the end of the day. So is AVERAGING over 1200+ yards and 12+ TDs for a dozen seasons.

it's totally absurd. i'm truly sorry but 35 yr old randall cunningham who hadn't seen a probowl in the 8 years prior, jeff george, daunte culpepper, the raiders carousel, first year start cassell and only 2 seasons of tom brady ///////=/////// Joe Montana and Steve Young under an offensive genius and Revolutionary Offensive Scheme at the time.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation

Of course, Moss has always had ah, another GREEEEEEAT receiver on the other side. DATS IT.

Allow me to introduce you to... KELLY CAMPBELL, The Vikings No. 2 WR in the year 2003. Moss' Mo Williams if you will. Campbell was so dominant that Moss was able to become the first receiver in nfl history with over 1600+ yards and 16+ td's in the same year. and of course, there's culpepper... PINHOLE ACCURACY. There's no question as to why he embarked on a surefire hall of fame career once Moss wasn't on his team.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: