Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #106
Huey Freeman
PAO

Default Re: April 30: Magic at 76ers, Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You lost me. I think I'll stay lost.
You missed my post. I realized how unclear that was and edited it, but then you respond to everything one second later.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #107
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Ok. Fair enough.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #108
Diesel J
College superstar

Sixers got owned by two Magic bench players
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #109
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Sixers got owned by two Magic bench players

It sounds funny at first but think about it, 2 magic players came off the bench to fit the roles perfectly. The Magics main offense is 3pters, JJ Redick is a good shooter coming off the bench to fill yet another 3pt threat role, and Gortat takes the role of getting o bounds and putting them back in, just like Dwight. Now Gortat does not do as good a job as Dwight on both ends of the floor, but it's not like he hurt the chemistry much. Also IMO I think JJ is a better shooter than Courtney Lee, maybe not a better defender. But that doesn't matter because it's not like Willie Green is much to guard anyway.

My prediction was that the sixers would probably win given the Magic live and died by the 3. Obv the Magic lived by the 3. I never said anything about the Sixers having a squad that was even close talent wise to the magic. Sixers points was majorly off pure hustle imo.

And just because Magic took cavs 2-1 in season means real little about the playoffs. I will give you a "GAURAN-SHEED" that Cavs will give up 1 game at the most. You can jack up 3s all you want regular season, real defensive intensity comes out post season and you wont be seeing many open 3s.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #110
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
And just because Magic took cavs 2-1 in season means real little about the playoffs. I will give you a "GAURAN-SHEED" that Cavs will give up 1 game at the most. You can jack up 3s all you want regular season, real defensive intensity comes out post season and you wont be seeing many open 3s.
I think the bigger question is will Ilgauskas be able to handle Dwight in the middle.

(If the Magic and Cavs play each other in the ECF).
Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #111
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
I think the bigger question is will Ilgauskas be able to handle Dwight in the middle.

(If the Magic and Cavs play each other in the ECF).

If the matchup happens, there's nothing to fear from Dwight. He has 1 post move (left baby hook). His points are off of rebounds mostly.

IF: Dwight gets limited Offensive rebounds, he will be limited to scoring.
Dwight will at best be a 20-13 guy for the series, but it's not Dwight that wins the games. Orlandos shooters make a much bigger impact, and against a serious and very hungry Cavs squad they would struggle.

I don't know why everyone thinks the Magic are all about Dwight, especially on offense. Dwight is the defensive stopper that protects the paint, not much more. The Magics offense revolves around Turkoglu and Lewis IMO, and they will be the difference makers if the Magic want to have a chance
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #112
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
I don't know why everyone thinks the Magic are all about Dwight, especially on offense. Dwight is the defensive stopper that protects the paint, not much more. The Magics offense revolves around Turkoglu and Lewis IMO, and they will be the difference makers if the Magic want to have a chance
The Magic offense runs through Dwight first. Dwight averages more PPG in the regular season and so far in the post season as well.

Matt Guokas even says the same thing. The offense runs through Dwight first. It's why Rashard averages about 18-20 ppg instead of the 29 points he got last game. Everybody has a role on our team, but if they (Rafer Alston, Rashard Lewis for example last night) need to score because Howard is out then they will put the numbers up.

Last edited by Huey Freeman : 05-01-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #113
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Magic should be scared of the Cavs. But they should also be scared of either Chicago or Cavs. Magic looks weak.
Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #114
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriracha
Magic should be scared of the Cavs. But they should also be scared of either Chicago or Cavs. Magic looks weak.
So we shouldn't be scared of the Celtics or Lakers?

I'm obviously being sarcastic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: