Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Learning to shoot layups Mike Rice's Avatar

Default Re: Ask 2 Knowledgable Blazer Announcers Anything (Mike & Mike)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    I asked one of you a couple of questions in the other thread, but I do have one more:
    -Throughout all the players you've seen in a Blazers uniform, who did you like the most on the court? Off the court?
    Great question. After some thought, I must say that my favorite Blazer on and off the court is definitely Brandon Roy. When I see him, it brightens my day because I know he will bring passion, commitment, honesty, and loyalty to this organization. He is an extremely hard worker that inspires not only his teammates but the Portland fans. He holds various community services to help teach the younger citizens how to grow up to be a better person and he has the aura to help the poor people feel rich. Not only that, but he has been a great influence on not only my self and my broadcast partner, Mike Barrett, but also my family. In short, he makes everyone around him better, happier, makes them enjoy life, and that is what life is all about.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    is it true Portland has the best strippers in the country?
    Yup. And the most.

Mike & Mike: How much will the Blazers regret re-signing Batum in a year?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    To the kid that said we have the worst medical staff ever I say not really. I was watching the Blazers vs Utah series from 2000. Jay Jensen was the trainer then and we had zero injuries.

Zach Randolph even came back from a microfracture surgery and was fine. The only two injuries to players have been to injury prone players like Oden and Roy. We knew Roy had terrible knees and Oden's body just hasn't held up at any point.

So two players being injury prone makes Portland's medical staff the worst ever? It couldn't be that your view is skewed because of how important those two players are?
    You have the worst medical staff in the league. The mass of injuries speak for themselves, as do the countless articles out there of health care professionals saying all the things the portland med staff is doing wrong.

now i know where Bill Walton gets his powers of hyperbole from

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rice
    To answer your question, no. Infact, we have one of the better medical staff team in the league.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barrett
    Yes Mike. The fans around the world are as they say, butt-hurt?

Learning to shoot layups Mike Barrett's Avatar

Oh how bitter sweet is it, we called it. We got Damian Lillard and we let it publicly be known he was the next God since Brandon Roy. They just passed on the best PG to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barrett
    Oh how bitter sweet is it, we called it. We got Damian Lillard and we let it publicly be known he was the next God since Brandon Roy. They just passed on the best PG to play this game.
    Haha, indeed!

Haha! We told you guys.

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

Mike Rice has gained +1 points in Necromancy.

This is such an awful gimmick.

First of all, we know Portland is the greatest city on Earth, also known as the Holy Land.
    I thought that was Jerusalem...

Learning to shoot layups Mike Barrett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rice
    First of all, we know Portland is the greatest city on Earth, also known as the Holy Land. It brings great joy to myself to be apart of this franchise and this great city. With great fans, great citizens, and with the lowest crime rate in the world. We are blessed.

That said, ask away. Discuss the greatness of Brandon Roy, or Boom Boom Batum, or the strongest, most athletic, most versatile big that this game has ever seen, LaMarcus Aldridge.

Also, we know the NBA Draft is coming up, and Portland gets to select #6, yes we did get screwed, we should have had a higher pick, BUT, the NBA forgot the Nets would have had our pick, so in the end, it payed off. With this pick, we are gonna make the most terrific selection in the draft, with the greatest player in the draft.. in Damian Lillard. He is already the most athletic player in the league, with the speed of DRose and Westbrook combined, with a jumpshot that would put Reggie Miller and Ray Allen to shame.. and a passing ability to make Nash look like a preschool child. It is with great pleasure to draft the greatest player since we have seen with LaMarcus Aldridge, and Brandon Roy.

Great call Mike, it was an obvious selection but the average moronic fan in the NBA would have not seen this greatness coming.