Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chauncey Billups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Wow, top 15 in most cases? GoBB I have no problems with you but that is what we call over-inflating to make a point.

With the emergence of Williams and the continued play of Paul I have no doubt in my mind the media would flip flop from last year. It makes sence, no?

Interesting view on that. I was under the impression Marion was so underrated before because he never got the hype in the media like a player of his stats should have.

I'm curious as to why you feel both are different issues - because in my mind the hype machine makes you either underrated or overrated.

Its different to me because you can be rated just fine but recieve little to no pub. Getting attention doesnt mean you are being overrated unless what is attatched with that attention implies so. I've watched Detroit pregame commentary and Billups is always the first name mentioned and his importance is spoken on. I havent heard anything about Paul/Deron to suggest they are being rated behind Nash.

I just dont see the media nor have i seen it from them...where they are flip flopping and dont rank/rate Billups as a top 5 PG without a doubt. I just cant see it. But eh whatever.

Underappreciated sounds like a term we can both agree on.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #17
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Hype and ranking are not the same but they surely do go hand in hand. I don't think anyone would deny that... not even GOBB.... hopefully, anyways.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Wow, top 15 in most cases? GoBB I have no problems with you but that is what we call over-inflating to make a point.

No over inflating, thats where he was being ranked. SI.com had him ranked 15 in player rankings. Espn had him at 20. NBA.com had him at 16. Just off the top of my head. I was just trying to point out i think Billups is ranked by the media where he should be...but that he just doesnt garner the attention that maybe he should.

And stop saying i have no problems with you. You've been doing that for awhile man. Stop that crap...we argue, debate, trash talk, diss each other or whatever the topic/subject may be. Its all good, i dish it and i can take it. But in the end no respect is lost. You've always been a cool poster in my book and i dont hold disagreements, not seeing eye to eye on whatever it is against you. You know how i post/reply to posts and i got my ways of doin it. That'll never change because its just the way i post. Overly/Strongly opinionated, stubborn, argumentative, jerk, *******, funny, knowledgable etc etc...shouldnt need to explain myself you probably could list the stuff better than me. But just because i disagree with you and we go back and forth doesnt mean I have some type of dislike or you offend me. Not at all. You call me an moron/idiot while replying in this thread...its cool. I wont feel some type of way in the next thread. Sometimes we agree, other times we dont...in the end I respect/acknowledge your opinion and look at you as a poster i enjoy reading. Now this will be the only time i type this...from now on you should get it. And i dont wanna see that type of comment again from you. I dont get mad at much but stuff like that from posters i respect on here ruffles the feathers no doubt. I'm no damn bully man. I'm no on edge easily offended ready to flame guy either (unless you're an idiot of course) Thanks
Old 03-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Hype and ranking are not the same but they surely do go hand in hand. I don't think anyone would deny that... not even GOBB.... hopefully, anyways.

You're right they can. I just dont think so in Billups case, thats all. I'd be shocked if the media didnt rank Billups highly.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:07 PM   #20
IceMan2
Local High School Star

IceMan2 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
http://basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2005.html

Now ask yourself who votes for the MVP candidates.
I want an explanation right now. Why did PJ Brown get an 3rd in place MVP vote? I really want to know this
IceMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

It's weird you bring that up GoBB, I always seem to get in a debate with you after I re-watch the movie "Troy."

A part that stuck with me was when Achillis says "No problem with you brother but if you don't let her go you will never see the light of day" or something along those lines. The critics bashed that movie to peices but it's one of my favorites.

Underappreciated is an agreeable statement.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
It's weird you bring that up GoBB, I always seem to get in a debate with you after I re-watch the movie "Troy."

A part that stuck with me was when Achillis says "No problem with you brother but if you don't let her go you will never see the light of day" or something along those lines. The critics bashed that movie to peices but it's one of my favorites.

Underappreciated is an agreeable statement.

Hell yea, I love Troy man. One of my favs too.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #23
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit1
Chauncey says all the time that he likes being the underdog and thrives when people underestimate them. And I agree with the person who said he wouldn't be ranked in most people's top 5 pg list. Except mine of course.

I would love being underestimated too
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: