Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #16
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 3 Way Trade?

Nelson is a 15 ppg scorer basically. Look, no PG in todays game will have much success defensively against opposing PG's, especially if they're elite like Billups is.

If you want defense, you need a defensive scheme and post defenders, also perferably some athletic wings that can D up as well.

I think you guys are putting way too much emphasis on the PG defense.
More often than not, PG's will get their points and assists. It was like that before but now with the new rules, it's just very hard to defend PG's.
Very hard.

But then again if your PG plays with effort and has a good head on your shoulder, he can be a great contributor.

I like Nelson because of his ability to score, I'd love to have a scoring PG like that. Keep in mind..scoring PG, not a tweener. That's what Nelson is.

But as you guys said, he isn't exactly he most willing passer in the world but I still think he'd be great here. We need talent. BADLY.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #17
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Nelson doesn't have any off court issues, He's just a ball hog. Dribbles too much and that sorta thing.

I would love to have artest on this team. Artest is tough!!!!

Yea, he doesnt have problems, that was just meant for Artest. But Artest still has problems and they keep just coming back. We dont need any more players with character problems, cause that will just kill us even more.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #18
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
i really dont think we should be getting jameer nelson. He is a medicre scorer and a huge defensive liabiltiy. If you watched the pistons-orlando series, nelson was picked apart by billups and hamilton. He cannot defend big guards. He always gets posted up and because of his height, they always rise above him. I know we are in desperation for a point, but i dont think we have to settle for a guy like nelson. What hurts us the most is that our guards cannot defend elite point guards and nelsn would not help defend the penetration.
Nelson is just in the deal to sweaten it for the Lakers.

Its basically Artest for Odom. Which allows the Lakers to shake it up a bit and try to see how well Artest can mesh with Kobe since Odom hasn't been able to.

If the Lakers are worrying about Jameer's Defense, first of all, it isn't worst than Smush Parker's and secondly, last time I checked, Artest could guard basically anyone in the league.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #19
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Lakers get the short end of this trade, no way!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #20
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
Lakers get the short end of this trade, no way!!
Explain how.

They are getting a good allstar leve SF/PF and a legit PG who actually can play at an NBA level who also is a good scorer.

All this for just Lamar, a tweener with a fat contract who doesn't complement Kobe well.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: