Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: More Mavs struggle, more the Heat look worse for losing to them in the Finals

Actually, I think if Dallas had kept their pieces together from last year they'd be the favorite to come out of the West again.

Default Re: More Mavs struggle, more the Heat look worse for losing to them in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by jb220
    Miami had the 3 best players in that series, how they lost is beyond me. Besides the refs being in Cubans pocket of course.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Actually, I think if Dallas had kept their pieces together from last year they'd be the favorite to come out of the West again.
    They had so much chemistry and experience, with the added confidence from their chip, they would of been really fun to watch.

Decent college freshman

Do you idiots not realize that the Mavs lost 6 players, 4 of them who started multiple games last season?

Chandler, Barea, Stevenson, even Peja came up huge during the Lakers series. Caron Butler was out for the post season, but he was the Mavs' 2nd best player all year long.

This team is completely different than last years, no comparison can be made.

Decent college freshman

Do you idiots not realize that the Mavs lost 6 players, 4 of them who started multiple games last season?

Chandler, Barea, Stevenson, even Peja came up huge during the Lakers series. Caron Butler was out for the post season, but he was the Mavs' 2nd best player all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls

this

College superstar

I hope the Mavs and Heat meet up in the finals again...with the same result, 'natch.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...

If the op wants to use this logic (using this yrs reg season results to determine how good teams were in last yrs playoffs ) then it means the bulls must have een amazing last year in the playoffs, because they look great in this yrs reg season...they looked good even without d rose. Also, the celtics must have been amazing in last yrs playoffs, because this yr they look great and they are all one year older even!

So wow! Miami must have been ridiculously good to have beaten Boston and Chicago last year so convincingly!

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Miami had the 3 best players in that series, how they lost is beyond me. Besides the refs being in Cubans pocket of course.
    Serious? Dirk was the best on the floor.

National High School Star

its a FAR different team...Barea murdered the Lakers and Heat...they miss him big time. look at the main rotation players, the mavs are a lot different and this doesnt take anything away from the heat at all...OP is desperate

I'm guessing you forgot the Mavs had Dirk Nowitzki.

Him & Wade were clearly the two best players on those teams, LeBron a close 3rd, Jet 4th, Chandler/Bosh/Marion a lll good players too.

The Mavs were on fire for pretty much the whole series, Dirk went into god mode, Terry, Marion, Kidd, Chandler, Barea etc all played to there full potential..

On the other hand, Lebron disappeared. And when youre built on only 3 players dominating, and 1 goes into a shell, youre in trouble...
    If Lebron showed up, the heat win.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease mikek85's Avatar

You guys should rewatch the finals.

The Mavs won because Dirk entered GOD MODE.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    I'm guessing you forgot the Mavs had Dirk Nowitzki.

Him & Wade were clearly the two best players on those teams, LeBron a close 3rd, Jet 4th, Chandler/Bosh/Marion a lll good players too.
    if we go off the finals only isnt it

dirk>wade>terry>bosh/marion>lebron>chandler?

I feel bad for the genuine Miami fans on here who have to put up with this constant crap. Dallas' struggles this year do absolutely nothing for how the Heat look. The Dallas team lost a bunch of key pieces and are in no way the same team that were in the finals last season. If we want to make Miami look bad because of how Dallas are going this year, boy the Lakers are absolutely laughable because they go swept, or wow the Thunder must suck since they didn't get the job done.

It means jack all, end of.