Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Is it correct that LeBron and Kobe only have 1 buzzer beater in the playoffs?

Just looking at some stats from this. I want to see if it's accurate, and i know it's missing James game winner against indy at the buzzer game 1, but is it leaving out any other shots?:
    http://chasing23.com/kobe-bryant-vs-...winning-shots/

It looks like Kobe only has 1 buzzer beater in the playoffs, but he has another shot with .2 left that could basically count as a buzzer beater. First 9 years in the league, Kobe was 4/15 on game winners. LeBron is 5/12 Neither number is great, but there's one clear winner there. Kobe made 4 in a row from 2004-2006, which is respectable. After that, he only went 1/10

Those are honestly pretty bad clutch numbers for Kobe. Why do I remember him being so clutch? Was it Horry/Fisher saving him? And really? Only 1 buzzer beater for each Kobe/LeBron in the playoffs? Who has Jordan's buzzer beater numbers?

Would be curious to see some updated numbers on LeBron. It doesn't include 12-13

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Is it correct that LeBron and Kobe only have 1 buzzer beater in the playoffs?

Lebron 2009 orlando game 2

Default Re: Is it correct that LeBron and Kobe only have 1 buzzer beater in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    That's the one I'm counting, along with the Indy game 1. I guess technically Bran has 2

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Those are honestly pretty bad clutch numbers for Kobe. Why do I remember him being so clutch? Was it Horry/Fisher saving him? And really? Only 1 buzzer beater for each Kobe/LeBron in the playoffs? Who has Jordan's buzzer beater numbers?
    Jordan had 3 buzzer beaters off the top of my head. 1989 Game 5 against Cleveland, 1993 Game 4 against Cleveland, 1997 Game 1 against Utah.

1989 Game 3 vs. Detroit and 1998 Game 6 against Utah, he made game-winning shots that left a few seconds left on the clock.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    And the layup against Pacers last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3xWG3mkXE

He had one vs Washington too, a tough layup.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    He had one vs Washington too, a tough layup.
    In the playoffs? Have a Youtube link?

Also, anyone know if LeBron attempts are missing from 12-13? Did he miss any game winners? Can't remember off the top of my head

Clutch is clutch. Lebron's gamewinner last night wasnt a buzzer beater, who cares?

There was .9 second left on the clock. I thought it was a buzzer beater. Nvm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqpF1COUzoU

Also, anyone know if LeBron attempts are missing from 12-13? Did he miss any game winners? Can't remember off the top of my head
    He had two vs the wiz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtf7kQZC6gw

EDIT: didn't know we were talking strictly at the buzzer

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Clutch is clutch. Lebron's gamewinner last night wasnt a buzzer beater, who cares?
    Doesn't really matter, but it looks like LeBron is winning in overall clutch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    He had two vs the wiz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtf7kQZC6gw

EDIT: didn't know we were talking strictly at the buzzer
    Yeah those ones are accounted for in the article I linked

Please don't tell me that you were too young to remember that game

Yeah LeBron is more clutch everybody knows that

NBA sixth man of the year

Who cares about a buzzer beater? So if a guy makes a shot with 15 seconds left to put his team up, is that not clutch? Or does the clock have say 0:00 to count as a clutch shot? You guys are such simpletons...