Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Rivals 2009 Recruiting Class

Well 2008 is basically over when Tyreke Evans and Scotty Hopson make their decisions which likely seems that Evans is going to Memphis and Hopson is going to Tennessee.

Looking forward to 2009

1.PF Renardo Sidney-Los Angeles, CA
2.SG Xavier Henry-Oklahoma City, OK
3.PF Derrick Favors-Atlanta, GA
4.PG Lance Stephenson-Brooklyn, NY
5.PF DeMarcus Cousins-Mobile,AL UAB Commit
6.PF Karron Johnson-Durham,NC
7.PG Kenny Boynton-Plantation,FL
8.SF Jordan Hamilton-Los Angeles,CA
9.SG John Wall-Raleigh,NC
10.SF Isiah Armwood-Baltimore,MD

Where do you think these guys will end up
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rivals 2009 Recruiting Class

lance is not a point guard
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I obviously hope UNC can grab Johnson with Hansbrough only having one year left, if he doesn't leave this year.

However, the key is now getting those guys who aren't going to leave after 1 year. Duke is doing that perfectly. They are getting good college players who don't look like good NBA prospects. You need those 6-3 SG, 6-7 PF, and slow swingmen.

And while it is pointless, I will make some predictions:

1.PF Renardo Sidney-Los Angeles, CA-USC
2.SG Xavier Henry-Oklahoma City, OK-Oklahoma State
3.PF Derrick Favors-Atlanta, GA-Georgia
4.PG Lance Stephenson-Brooklyn, NY-Maryland
6.PF Karron Johnson-Durham,NC-UNC
7.PG Kenny Boynton-Plantation,FL-Florida
8.SF Jordan Hamilton-Los Angeles,CA-Cal
9.SG John Wall-Raleigh,NC-Duke
10.SF Isiah Armwood-Baltimore,MD-Maryland

Last edited by monthh : 03-19-2008 at 12:56 AM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 AM   #4
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

According to his list on Rivals- and I realize those don't necessarily mean everything- Johnson isn't even considering UNC.

And for good reason, if true.

They already have commits from the Wear twins and John Henson. With three 6'9" forwards committed, how many more bigs you think UNC is looking at in this class?

My guess is John Wall is their highest priority left on the '09 board.

I'm looking forward to the new '09 rankings coming out. Illinois recruit Brandon Paul will not only be joining future teammates D.J. Richardson (53), Joseph Bertrand (59) and Tyler Griffey (74) in the Top 100, but he might zoom right past all of them. He played like a potential 5-star this year, highlighted by a 36-point performance against Iman Shumpert. I'm really looking forward to this class.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why do you predict Stephenson for Maryland? We're mainly going after bigs which we desperately need.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #6
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

stephenson is a PROBLEM
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
According to his list on Rivals- and I realize those don't necessarily mean everything- Johnson isn't even considering UNC.

And for good reason, if true.

They already have commits from the Wear twins and John Henson. With three 6'9" forwards committed, how many more bigs you think UNC is looking at in this class?

My guess is John Wall is their highest priority left on the '09 board.

North Carolina looks to be done with the class of 2009,with 3 commits for the class of 2008 although they are losing only 1 scholarship senior(Quentin Thomas)

For 2009 UNC already has 4 commitments,these guys will replace Hansbrough,Green,Gilyard,and Frasor from the class of 2005.

If UNC lands another commit from 2009 it would be because of Ty Lawson leaving early for the NBA Draft and from all accounts the player who will likely be Nolan Dennis.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #8
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Well 2008 is basically over when Tyreke Evans and Scotty Hopson make their decisions which likely seems that Evans is going to Memphis and Hopson is going to Tennessee.

Looking forward to 2009

1.PF Renardo Sidney-Los Angeles, CA
2.SG Xavier Henry-Oklahoma City, OK
3.PF Derrick Favors-Atlanta, GA
4.PG Lance Stephenson-Brooklyn, NY
6.PF Karron Johnson-Durham,NC
7.PG Kenny Boynton-Plantation,FL
8.SF Jordan Hamilton-Los Angeles,CA
9.SG John Wall-Raleigh,NC
10.SF Isiah Armwood-Baltimore,MD

Where do you think these guys will end up

1.PF Renardo Sidney-LSU
Renardo Sidney is originally from Mississippi and its reported his top schools are UCLA and USC but it would make sense for him to head to UCLA if Kevin Love leaves early,because if not it would be unlikely for him to make any impact playing with him.
I believe hes headed to LSU because I believe Tim Floyd,USC's HC is headed to LSU to save himself from the mediocre season they are going to have next year without OJ Mayo,Davon Jefferson,and Taj Gibson.Demar Derozen is a good player but hes not a game changing player like OJ Mayo and Derozen doesnt project to be a big time scorer in college,although it will be for just 1 year.

2.SG Xavier Henry-Kansas
From what I've heard he seems to be favoring Kansas along with UNC,and Memphis over other schools but Henry knows he has a better chance of starting along with being the first option by going to Kansas who after the end of next season will have to replace basically their entire team.Arthur,Rush,Jackson,and Collins all will be drafted in the 2008 NBA Draft with Russell Robinson as a possible late 2nd round pick.This leaves their team next season with Mario Chalmers,Cole Aldrich and basically their entire 2008 recruiting class including the Morris twins.

3.PF Derrick Favors-Georgia Tech
This is the only player I know of thats apparently a Lock for a school,unless hes somehow swayed away or if Paul Hewitt is fired its certain he'll be going to Georgia Tech.

4.PG Lance Stephenson-Kansas or Georgetown
I dont have a clue where Lance is headed but these are the two schools in which I think he'll have a better chance to succeed at,if I were to pick between the two I'd think Kansas would be the better choice.Hes not a pure PG,more of a scoring guard like OJ Mayo.

5.DeMarcus Cousins-UAB
You never know with these early commitments,thats why Michael Beasley is at Kansas State and not Charlotte.If a team like South Carolina can scoop up Mike Davis and Bob Donewald together from UAB you never know what can happen with this situation.

6.Karron Johnson-Memphis
Hes from Richmond,VA but hes attending Mt.Zion but I dont know his background but something makes me wonder why some teams have stayed far away from him,most notably North Carolina and Duke and why at this point only one school has even offered him a scholarship.Memphis lives and breathes on taking risks on players although some are from prep schools.

7.Kenny Boynton-Duke
From what I've heard its down between Duke,Florida,and Florida State but I think Duke can snatch him up with Greg Paulus vacating the PG spot after the end of next season.It wouldnt surprise me if he chose Florida State who is loading up on talent although they havent made a tournament in years.

8.Jordan Hamilton-Texas
It wouldnt surprise me because it makes good sense but I know absolutely nothing about him so I dont know because it appears Texas is the leading favorite to bring him in.

9.John Wall-N.C. State
I already explained about North Carolina and Nolan Dennis but if Nolan Dennis doesnt go to UNC,I think Wall becomes the top priority for them.Duke would be a good fit for him because he'd play well into their system,but Duke apparently is focused on bringing in Leslie McDonald who apparently has a great friendly rivalry with their 2008 recruit Elliot Williams.North Carolina State would be the best option among the teams hes reportedly currently considering and Sidney Lowe has proven he can recruit top talent.

10.Isiah Armwood-Syracuse
I've seen this guy play three times already and from what usually happens is that he'll wind up replacing Donte Greene at Syracuse although both are different style of players.Its some debate of whether or not Gary Williams will even be Maryland's HC at the end of next season,apparently some fans are ready for a change similar to Tubby Smith at Kentucky where they become forgetful of that National Championship hes won.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I hardly follow high school basketball, so I have no clue what I was doing. Just making some picks for no reason at all. It was just for fun.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #10
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
stephenson is a PROBLEM

Cosign. Hes got his own website and everything. A camera crew follows him around, and in one of the webisodes he got his shot blocked, and with no hesitation took the ball and threw it at the kids face and tried to fight him.
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
1.PF Renardo Sidney-LSU
Renardo Sidney is originally from Mississippi and its reported his top schools are UCLA and USC but it would make sense for him to head to UCLA if Kevin Love leaves early,because if not it would be unlikely for him to make any impact playing with him.
I believe hes headed to LSU because I believe Tim Floyd,USC's HC is headed to LSU to save himself from the mediocre season they are going to have next year without OJ Mayo,Davon Jefferson,and Taj Gibson.Demar Derozen is a good player but hes not a game changing player like OJ Mayo and Derozen doesnt project to be a big time scorer in college,although it will be for just 1 year.

2.SG Xavier Henry-Kansas
From what I've heard he seems to be favoring Kansas along with UNC,and Memphis over other schools but Henry knows he has a better chance of starting along with being the first option by going to Kansas who after the end of next season will have to replace basically their entire team.Arthur,Rush,Jackson,and Collins all will be drafted in the 2008 NBA Draft with Russell Robinson as a possible late 2nd round pick.This leaves their team next season with Mario Chalmers,Cole Aldrich and basically their entire 2008 recruiting class including the Morris twins.

3.PF Derrick Favors-Georgia Tech
This is the only player I know of thats apparently a Lock for a school,unless hes somehow swayed away or if Paul Hewitt is fired its certain he'll be going to Georgia Tech.

4.PG Lance Stephenson-Kansas or Georgetown
I dont have a clue where Lance is headed but these are the two schools in which I think he'll have a better chance to succeed at,if I were to pick between the two I'd think Kansas would be the better choice.Hes not a pure PG,more of a scoring guard like OJ Mayo.

5.DeMarcus Cousins-UAB
You never know with these early commitments,thats why Michael Beasley is at Kansas State and not Charlotte.If a team like South Carolina can scoop up Mike Davis and Bob Donewald together from UAB you never know what can happen with this situation.

6.Karron Johnson-Memphis
Hes from Richmond,VA but hes attending Mt.Zion but I dont know his background but something makes me wonder why some teams have stayed far away from him,most notably North Carolina and Duke and why at this point only one school has even offered him a scholarship.Memphis lives and breathes on taking risks on players although some are from prep schools.

7.Kenny Boynton-Duke
From what I've heard its down between Duke,Florida,and Florida State but I think Duke can snatch him up with Greg Paulus vacating the PG spot after the end of next season.It wouldnt surprise me if he chose Florida State who is loading up on talent although they havent made a tournament in years.

8.Jordan Hamilton-Texas
It wouldnt surprise me because it makes good sense but I know absolutely nothing about him so I dont know because it appears Texas is the leading favorite to bring him in.

9.John Wall-N.C. State
I already explained about North Carolina and Nolan Dennis but if Nolan Dennis doesnt go to UNC,I think Wall becomes the top priority for them.Duke would be a good fit for him because he'd play well into their system,but Duke apparently is focused on bringing in Leslie McDonald who apparently has a great friendly rivalry with their 2008 recruit Elliot Williams.North Carolina State would be the best option among the teams hes reportedly currently considering and Sidney Lowe has proven he can recruit top talent.

10.Isiah Armwood-Syracuse
I've seen this guy play three times already and from what usually happens is that he'll wind up replacing Donte Greene at Syracuse although both are different style of players.Its some debate of whether or not Gary Williams will even be Maryland's HC at the end of next season,apparently some fans are ready for a change similar to Tubby Smith at Kentucky where they become forgetful of that National Championship hes won.

Bam.

Posted that over a full year ago, Renardo Sidney to LSU?
Lance was headed to Kansas
Johnson got kicked out of school, and eventually picked OK State.
Armwood picked Nova over Cuse
Wall's recruitment heated up dramatically and picked Kentucky
Boynton picked Florida over Duke
Cousins was ready to go to UAB, until they wouldnt honor an out clause

Last edited by Interminator : 05-27-2009 at 05:48 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: