Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 03-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dunleavy Gone From ClipperNation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
He has made A LOT of money from all his years as a Clipper owner.

I very much dislike him as an owner, and would love for the Clippers to have a different one. However, I very much goes unnoticed that in the past five years Sterling has spent more than he has in the last 20 years.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too and trying to figure out how to equate that. Perhaps his management team blew it at a time when he was willing to have a go at it?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #17
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
IMO, Sterling should not be an NBA team owner. He does not seem to care about the team and fans. I am not sure what he cares about. Do the Clippers even make him money?

I do wish that Sterling would just sell the team to someone more dedicated to making this team successful.

Until then, sadly, I feel the Clippers will continue to be cursed over and over.

Clipper fan - you are a brave soul!

I read an article during the last offseason which stated the Clippers are among the top 10 when it came to money made. And no way does Sterling sell the team, I believe Bill Simmons wrote an article stating that he passed up on a billion dollar offer.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I read an article during the last offseason which stated the Clippers are among the top 10 when it came to money made. And no way does Sterling sell the team, I believe Bill Simmons wrote an article stating that he passed up on a billion dollar offer.

I find that frustrating that a team can continually under perform and still make money. That is unfortunate that they can get away with that, because ultimately it means he can run his team as a money making business and not worry about maximizing the team's chances for a title which the fans care about.

From a fans perspective, this just sucks. From a business perspective, its hard to argue with success if this is indeed the facts.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #19
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I find that frustrating that a team can continually under perform and still make money. That is unfortunate that they can get away with that, because ultimately it means he can run his team as a money making business and not worry about maximizing the team's chances for a title which the fans care about.

From a fans perspective, this just sucks. From a business perspective, its hard to argue with success if this is indeed the facts.

If the Clippers were in any other market, you likely would see the franchise being forced to move. Clippers make good cash bc they are in LA. LA has a huge market of basketball fans. I also think a lot of Laker fans who cannot afford the tickets use the Clippers as a cheaper alternative.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
If the Clippers were in any other market, you likely would see the franchise being forced to move. Clippers make good cash bc they are in LA. LA has a huge market of basketball fans. I also think a lot of Laker fans who cannot afford the tickets use the Clippers as a cheaper alternative.

You took the words right out of my mouth. But let's see if Sterling's is really a man of his words in supplying Olshey with "unlimited resources" to turn things around. Just because you have lots of money, it doesn't mean that someone will take it (case in point, the Bulls post-Jordan).
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: