Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Hakeem Nicks to miss 3 weeks with compartment syndrome

Wow, and Steve Smith still not healthy. Giants collapsing.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...m_nicks_l.html

Rotoworld is the link that said it'd be 3 weeks.

Quote:
Hakeem Nicks has been diagnosed with compartment syndrome in his lower left leg, and the Giants expect him to miss the next three weeks.

Compartment syndrome of the lower leg affects muscle circulation, and can lead to muscle or nerve damage if not treated cautiously. The Giants' passing attack can expect a major step back, as No. 2 receiver Steve Smith (pectoral) has already been ruled out for the rest of the month and Ramses Barden is on I.R. Mario Manningham will be counted on heavily. It sounds like the G-Men are hopeful that Nicks could return in Week 15, but that's no guarantee. We'd try to hang onto Nicks in fantasy leagues if possible.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Hakeem Nicks to miss 3 weeks with compartment syndrome

Great. I'm already dangerously thin at the WR position in fantasy and he was my only reliable option since you never know if Brandon Marshall is going to do anything.

Oh, and sorry Giants fans.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Looks pretty serious. Giants O might rely more on the run now though
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

There goes the Giants offense. First their offensive line, then Steve Smith, now Hakeem Nicks. Plus two straight losses. This isn't looking good for the Giants at all. From being arguably the best team in the NFL to fighting for a Playoff spot.

Jaguars, Redskins and Vikings in the next three weeks.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ
Old 11-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

What the f-ck?

I hope you don't think I'm like that.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
What the f-ck?

I hope you don't think I'm like that.
No, I just made a thread out of it last night that got no love and I had to post it again.

Plus I love the part "and we lose to the ****ing EAGLES man c'mon!"
Old 11-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
No, I just made a thread out of it last night that got no love and I had to post it again.

Plus I love the part "and we lose to the ****ing EAGLES man c'mon!"

Yeah it was kind of strange. The Giants can commit a lot of turnovers at times which will completely keep them out of games. The Eagles were the better team.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

But do you think the Giants have a chance to make the Playoffs?

Horrible receiving core.
No offensive line which hurts their chances of running the ball effectively. Opposing teams can put more pressure on Eli which will result in more fumbles and interceptions. Their defense better do a good job.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
But do you think the Giants have a chance to make the Playoffs?

Horrible receiving core.
No offensive line which hurts their chances of running the ball effectively. Opposing teams can put more pressure on Eli which will result in more fumbles and interceptions. Their defense better do a good job.
They'll get a playoff spot I'm sure and should still finish with 10 wins. What's up with Steve Smith, how much longer is he out? Their depth at WR is just completely gone, after Manningham it's a bunch of no-names. Their offensive line was good in pass protection last night though and the Eagles D-line has been one of the best vs. the run in their last 6 games or so so I wouldn't be too discouraged about that.

I would favor them in 4 of their remaining 6 and if they're healthy by the time they play Philly again (seems like no Nicks that game) I'd favor them at home.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #11
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
They'll get a playoff spot I'm sure and should still finish with 10 wins. What's up with Steve Smith, how much longer is he out? Their depth at WR is just completely gone, after Manningham it's a bunch of no-names. Their offensive line was good in pass protection last night though and the Eagles D-line has been one of the best vs. the run in their last 6 games or so so I wouldn't be too discouraged about that.

I would favor them in 4 of their remaining 6 and if they're healthy by the time they play Philly again (seems like no Nicks that game) I'd favor them at home.

Steve Smith will at least be out for the rest of the month, I'm thinking more. Jacobs and Bradshaw need to perform at their very best to win games. Sure the Giants can win some of their games but I'm worried about their consistency. They can play very bad at times. Just look at the Dallas game.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As long as he is not out for the year, the Giants can still get into the playoffs. Right now their biggest problem has been turnovers. They are moving the ball around fine, except Eli is playing like his retarded version and turning the ball over at an alarming rate. They need to limit his throws and get the running game going, and use that to set up the pass.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #13
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Barden's gone
Smith's gone
and now Nicks is gone ....

sh*t, LET'S GET RANDY MOSS!!!!
But seriously, can anyone think of some decent WRs who could be on the market for trades?
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: