Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #46
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinthompson
I see your point, but it was pretty obvious from the get go that the Lakers were a far superior team than the 76ers. The Miami Heat never should have or would have beat the Mavericks if it were not for Wade. Of course you can say the Lakers might not have beat anyone if it were not for Shaq and the same can be said for Duncan, but Shaq's Lakers and Duncan's Spurs were far superior to any team they faced in the Finals with the exception of the Pistons. There's no doubt that Shaq and Duncan both had memorable Finals performances, but neither player dug their team out of an 0-2 hole the way Wade did. I'm not saying that Wade played better than Shaq or Duncan, but his Finals performance was far more memorable due to the fact that the Heat were down 0-2, soon to be 0-3 and he dug them out of that hole almost single handedly. It would probably be far less memorable if the Heat hadn't been trailing in the series, but that's the way things worked out and we as fans got to watch a great Finals performance because of it.

DUDE WTF...Wade is the leader right? so isnt 0-2 ur faul too???
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #47
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers

melvinthompson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

a prime Shaq/TD would never be on this situation

In the '92 season a "prime" Michael Jordan was in this situation, and during the Eastern Conference Finals no-less. And I'm sure a lot of great players have been in the same situation before. If anything, coming back from an 0-2 or 0-3 hole defines a player more than destroying weak Finals teams like the 76ers and the Nets of recent years.
melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #48
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

In the '92 season a "prime" Michael Jordan was in this situation, and during the Eastern Conference Finals no-less. And I'm sure a lot of great players have been in the same situation before. If anything, coming back from an 0-2 or 0-3 hole defines a player more than destroying weak Finals teams like the 76ers and the Nets of recent years.
Exactly
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #49
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
DUDE WTF...Wade is the leader right? so isnt 0-2 ur faul too???

Hmmm, I always thought Shaq was considered the leader, but of course Wade was at fault just like every other player on the Heat team. I never said he wasn't at fault for the Heat losing the first 2.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #50
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:

are u sure they are that sh*t ? or they look like sh*t becuz of Shaq or TD ?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #51
rzp
Local High School Star

edit (WATEVER)

Last edited by rzp : 03-14-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #52
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
so the 0-2 was bcuz of Shaq...and the 4-0 was becuz of wade? very interesting

You need to stop trying to twist my words and use some logic. I never said 0-2 was because of Shaq and I never said Wade didn't deserve just as much of the blame for losing the first 2 as the rest of the team. But if we're going to twist words then Jordan being down 0-2 in a series during his prime must mean he's not on the same level as Duncan and Shaq? Very interesting
Old 03-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #53
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
You need to stop trying to twist my words and use some logic. I never said 0-2 was because of Shaq and I never said Wade didn't deserve just as much of the blame for losing the first 2 as the rest of the team. But if we're going to twist words then Jordan being down 0-2 in a series during his prime must mean he's not on the same level as Duncan and Shaq? Very interesting

kk u are right
Old 03-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #54
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: