Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #46
rzp
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,177
rzp has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinthompson
I see your point, but it was pretty obvious from the get go that the Lakers were a far superior team than the 76ers. The Miami Heat never should have or would have beat the Mavericks if it were not for Wade. Of course you can say the Lakers might not have beat anyone if it were not for Shaq and the same can be said for Duncan, but Shaq's Lakers and Duncan's Spurs were far superior to any team they faced in the Finals with the exception of the Pistons. There's no doubt that Shaq and Duncan both had memorable Finals performances, but neither player dug their team out of an 0-2 hole the way Wade did. I'm not saying that Wade played better than Shaq or Duncan, but his Finals performance was far more memorable due to the fact that the Heat were down 0-2, soon to be 0-3 and he dug them out of that hole almost single handedly. It would probably be far less memorable if the Heat hadn't been trailing in the series, but that's the way things worked out and we as fans got to watch a great Finals performance because of it.

DUDE WTF...Wade is the leader right? so isnt 0-2 ur faul too???
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #47
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers
 
melvinthompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 286
melvinthompson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

a prime Shaq/TD would never be on this situation

In the '92 season a "prime" Michael Jordan was in this situation, and during the Eastern Conference Finals no-less. And I'm sure a lot of great players have been in the same situation before. If anything, coming back from an 0-2 or 0-3 hole defines a player more than destroying weak Finals teams like the 76ers and the Nets of recent years.
melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #48
0ne50
Local High School Star
 
0ne50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 878
0ne50 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinthompson
a prime Shaq/TD would never be on this situation

In the '92 season a "prime" Michael Jordan was in this situation, and during the Eastern Conference Finals no-less. And I'm sure a lot of great players have been in the same situation before. If anything, coming back from an 0-2 or 0-3 hole defines a player more than destroying weak Finals teams like the 76ers and the Nets of recent years.
Exactly
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #49
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers
 
melvinthompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 286
melvinthompson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
DUDE WTF...Wade is the leader right? so isnt 0-2 ur faul too???

Hmmm, I always thought Shaq was considered the leader, but of course Wade was at fault just like every other player on the Heat team. I never said he wasn't at fault for the Heat losing the first 2.
melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #50
rzp
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,177
rzp has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinthompson
a prime Shaq/TD would never be on this situation

In the '92 season a "prime" Michael Jordan was in this situation, and during the Eastern Conference Finals no-less. And I'm sure a lot of great players have been in the same situation before. If anything, coming back from an 0-2 or 0-3 hole defines a player more than destroying weak Finals teams like the 76ers and the Nets of recent years.

are u sure they are that sh*t ? or they look like sh*t becuz of Shaq or TD ?
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #51
rzp
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,177
rzp has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

edit (WATEVER)

Last edited by rzp : 03-14-2007 at 03:12 PM.
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #52
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers
 
melvinthompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 286
melvinthompson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
so the 0-2 was bcuz of Shaq...and the 4-0 was becuz of wade? very interesting

You need to stop trying to twist my words and use some logic. I never said 0-2 was because of Shaq and I never said Wade didn't deserve just as much of the blame for losing the first 2 as the rest of the team. But if we're going to twist words then Jordan being down 0-2 in a series during his prime must mean he's not on the same level as Duncan and Shaq? Very interesting
melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #53
rzp
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,177
rzp has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinthompson
You need to stop trying to twist my words and use some logic. I never said 0-2 was because of Shaq and I never said Wade didn't deserve just as much of the blame for losing the first 2 as the rest of the team. But if we're going to twist words then Jordan being down 0-2 in a series during his prime must mean he's not on the same level as Duncan and Shaq? Very interesting

kk u are right
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #54
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers
 
melvinthompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 286
melvinthompson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy