GatorKid's Power Rankings
Since Primetime isn't doing them this year, I figured I'd make my own for everyone to critique and argue over. Feel free to make your own. Anyway, I have no rule of thumb, just whomever I feel is the best at said given time. With that said:
1. (1-0) Packers -- No explanation needed.
2. (1-0) Ravens -- What a dominating performance on Sunday. Finally beat Roethlisberger.
3. (1-0) Patriots --While the secondary concerns me, Tom Brady doesn't. Should be another dominating offensive season by the Pats.
4. (1-0) Eagles -- The "Dream Team" taking care of business. Linebacking issues need to be addressed though.
5. (1-0) Chargers -- Not entirely impressed by their offense but that will come around. Their D on the other hand, great performance. If they can somehow lift their special teams curse, they should run away with the division.
6. (1-0) Bears -- Dominating performance in their win over the Falcons. If they can replicate their defense presence from last season, they should contend for a WC spot. All signs point to that being the case.
7. (0-1) Saints -- Drew Brees is the man. I expect them to win the South. No shame in losing to the Pack at Lambeau
8. (1-0) Jets -- May be a little low for them but I just was not impressed with them. With the Cowboys missing the bulk of their secondary and Dez being the hobbled, they needed some divine intervention to pull it out. However, they seem to do that a lot, maybe Sanchez is Jesus?
9. (1-0) Texans -- Will this be the year? Fantastic defensive additions to a horrendous defensive unit make me think so. Even with Arian being hobbled, the Texans should prove once again how great their offense is.
10. (0-1) Steelers -- What a beatdown. If you're a player, coach or fan, you have to be embarrassed about Sunday. However, the Steelers are too good for that to happen again. Look for them to right the ship next week.
11. (0-1) Cowboys -- The Cowboys should have won that game on Monday. For a team as talented as they are, they consistently find new ways to choke. Getting their secondary healthy would go a long way in helping their problems.
12. (0-1) Falcons -- What a disappointing start for Peter King's pick to win the Superbowl. For all the talk of airing it out on Sunday, more checkdowns from the Master of checkdowns, Matty Slush. Will they turn it around, I believe so but concerns still remain after a high-profile off-season.
13. (1-0) Lions -- Matthew Stafford, if he stays healthy they will compete for the PO. The Durant and Tulloch additions will prove to be huge as well. Should be a fun team to watch this year.
14. (1-0) Redskins -- Rex Grossman made Mike Shannahan look like a genius Sunday throwing for over 300 yards and a few scores. With the additions of Ryan Kerrigan and OJ Atogwe, an already underrated D should be able to keep the Redskins close in many games.
15. (1-0) Jags -- Not a fan of Luke McCown at all but I am a huge fan of the Jags underrated D-line. With the AFC South struggling, that strong D and running game should allow them win several games. A breakout season for Mike Thomas would help.
16. (1-0) Bills -- The Bills!!! Ryan Fitzpatrick is the truth and with a vastly improved front 7 with the additions of Dareus, Barnett and a healthy Merriman, the Bills will surprise a lot of people. Look out for this young team.
17. (0-1) Bucs -- The Bucs, a notoriously slow starting team, need to find a way to get out of the gate quicker. Can't be playing catch up all the team. Oh, and give Blount the ball. Maybe a spread offense could work, perhaps?
18. (0-1) NY Giants -- Eli Manning has looked dreadful this whole year. What is up with him? With the loss of so many key players, I don't know if the Giants can stay competitive in the NFC East.
19. (1-0) Raiders -- In battle of the penalties, the Raiders came out on top. Their rushing attack should once again prove fearsome along with their D-line. If only we could say the same about Jason Campbell and his receivers.
20. (0-1) Rams -- New captain checkdown? No doubt that Sam Bradford is a rising star but man, let him air it out. Injuries have really taken a toll on this team as well. With Ron Bartell maybe out the whole year, and Steven Jackson out, it will prove difficult for them to rack up some W's against such a tough early schedule. Good luck
21. (1-0) Dolphins -- Very impressed by Chad Henne on Monday night. He had his miscues but played solid throughout. If he can maintain that consistency, the Dolphins should scare some people. Their defense is not that bad.
22. (1-0) Cardinals -- Letting Cam Newton light you up for 400+? Unforgivable. Arizona may run away with the worst secondary in the league this year with Greg Toler and DRC out of the picture.
23. (1-0) 49ers -- A nice win to start off the season but far from impressive. Offensive line woes and Alex Smith being well, Alex Smith doesn't help. Earth to Michael Crabtree, you there?
24. (0-1) Vikings -- Viking fans must have thought McNabb would be an instant upgrade to their team. 39 pass yards disagrees. Maybe it wasn't just being in Washington afterall?
25. (0-1) Titans -- Chris Johnson with 24 yards rushing. Seriously? Offensive line needs to pick up their game, as well as CJ2K if Tennessee has any hope of competing.
26. (0-1) Chiefs -- While I found the Chiefs to be quite overrated and the Bills underrated to start the year, that was quite the surprise at Arrowhead on Sunday. I don't believe they're that bad. Charles needs to get going.
27. (0-1) Panthers -- Amazing performance by the #1 overall pick. Steve Smith looks relevant again, but what happened to the running game? Get that going Mr. Rivera!
28. (0-1) Broncos -- Ugly, ugly game Monday. Orton needs to settle down and the run D needs to shore up. Can they do it, I doubt it.
29. (1-0) Bengals -- Surprised all of us with a win over the Browns. While some may call the AJ Green TD cheap, I see it as smart. Maybe that win will inject some much needed confidence into the young squad.
30. (0-1) Colts -- What a difference one injury makes to an entire team. Peyton, you are missed. Sincerely, Colts fans everywhere. Kerry Collins? LOL
31. (0-1) Seahawks -- Tavaris Jackson, Tavaris Jackson. How this guy is a starting NFL QB is beyond me.
32. (0-1) Browns -- Losing to the Bengals? I had more hope than that this year for Colt and company. At least Phil Taylor and Joe Haden looked great.