Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike's Hard Lemonade

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I need to see some evidence of this.

I do get a headache a faster when drinking those Mike's vs regular beer.
    My diet isn't high in sugar in the first place so that may add to it. But it has been consistent every time I have had them.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    My diet isn't high in sugar in the first place so that may add to it. But it has been consistent every time I have had them.
    You might be right.

I wish I could drink without having a hangover or that weird feeling the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    You might be right.

I wish I could drink without having a hangover or that weird feeling the next morning.
    I only seem to get terrible hangovers after downing whiskey.

Anyway, I think I can vouch for what TSK is saying. I've drank all 6 of the Mike's I bought and now I'm feeling a headache coming on. No buzz, no drunkenness, and not even a mild head change. Just a straight headache. F*ck this garbage.

Banned

Drink whatever legitimately appeals to you, but honestly I dont see how anyone can drink more than 1 Mikes in one sitting they are so sweet it makes me nauseous (sp?) before i even finish the first one.

I personally dont see the appeal of drinkin a sugary alcoholic drink over any beer of quality but do whatever you want. Theres no need to axkse for approval.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I only seem to get terrible hangovers after downing whiskey.

Anyway, I think I can vouch for what TSK is saying. I've drank all 6 of the Mike's I bought and now I'm feeling a headache coming on. No buzz, no drunkenness, and not even a mild head change. Just a straight headache. F*ck this garbage.

Damn that sucks bro

I love lemonade so I crave them every now and then, especially in the summer. But if I don't have Tums with me, it's almost a guarantee it'll be followed by agonizing stomach pains.

That's why I prefer my Jack and Cokes.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

****ing gross. sugared and koolaid flavored malt liquor. make a mixed drink or drink something less disgusting.

Are alcoholic ciders popular in America?

People love them here in Australia, and I'm a big fan myself. Definitely prefer it over beer on most occasions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

People love them here in Australia, and I'm a big fan myself. Definitely prefer it over beer on most occasions.

Yeah theyre actually super popular with dudes who are f@ggots

not really, not like UK or Spain anyways. For a long time all you could get was woodchuck (terrible) or imports like strongbow. Now there are a lot of available ciders (kaliber, crispin). The crispins extra dry are very good in my book, but pretty expensive.

Though, I have to admit, I basically stick to imperial stouts, IPAs, belgians (and belgian ripoffs), rye whiskeys, and bourbons these days.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    not really, not like UK or Spain anyways. For a long time all you could get was woodchuck (terrible) or imports like strongbow. Now there are a lot of available ciders (kaliber, crispin). The crispins extra dry are very good in my book, but pretty expensive.

Though, I have to admit, I basically stick to imperial stouts, IPAs, belgians (and belgian ripoffs), rye whiskeys, and bourbons these days.
    Yeah, I'm similar to you in the sense its belgians, bourbons, etc for me. Cider is something that often slips my mind to buy, but when it is around, I'm a big fan. Particularly if its a rekordelig or kopparberg.

I feel you on the strongbows... they are terrible.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Australia is so shit when it comes to beer. Except for Little Creatures and the microbrewery I have around the corner.

XXX Gold is so bad. What's up with the low alcohol content beer? Aussies gives us shit for not being able to hold our alcohol but the alcohol content is generally lower in Australia than America.

Add to the fact I saw an aussie mix 12 year glenlivet with coke.

What's ****ed up is you guys don't eat dinner. Eating's cheating. I can't abide by that rule.

I like my Jeam Beam and sprites.

And Dark N Stormy is another brilliant drink. Gosling's Black seal rum and some ginger beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Australia is so shit when it comes to beer. Except for Little Creatures and the microbrewery I have around the corner.

XXX Gold is so bad. What's up with the low alcohol content beer? Aussies gives us shit for not being able to hold our alcohol but the alcohol content is generally lower in Australia than America.

What's ****ed up is you guys don't eat dinner. Eating's cheating. I can't abide by that rule.

And Dark N Stormy is another brilliant drink. Gosling's Black seal rum and some ginger beer.
    LOL...

Brah, you clearly haven't had someone show you the ins and outs of Aussie beer while you've been here. The fact that you even mention XXXX is funny. That shit is just muddy water.

Little Creatures is good, but come grab a drink in the valley with me if you want to see the better side of Aussie drinks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status

what about coopers extra best stout (or whatever its called)? I do agree a Dark n Stormy is a great drink. I prefer meyers (as far as mid level, readily available rums) and you gotta have a ginger beer, not some ginger ale shit.

I "invented" a drink called the Stormy Monday which is basically a dark and story with rye (or bourbon if you must). It was an invention of necessity, but it became (and remains) wildly popular among various friends.

Yeah, I'm similar to you in the sense its belgians, bourbons, etc for me. Cider is something that often slips my mind to buy, but when it is around, I'm a big fan. Particularly if its a rekordelig or kopparberg.

I feel you on the strongbows... they are terrible.
    huh, where are those out of? I dont think Ive seen them. A good cider is a damn good drink, no doubt.