Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Kyrie is better than Allen Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    AI took a crappy team to the finals by himself..........Kyrie had a good game.............

Kyrie's also only 22, he'd be a rookie right now if he went to college for 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    honestly is it really that crazy? i know AI is one of the greatest ever but lets be real, you really gonna dispute that Kyrie doesn't have better handles and is a better 3pt shooter than AI? He's also better with his left which makes him arguably a better finisher at the rim
    Kyrie is not a better shooter from anywhere on the floor

He has better handles and finishes better with his left hand, I'll give him that.

People on ISH get sofa king caught up in the moment.

Last week Westbrook was better than MJ and the best pg of all time.

Today, Kyrie is better than AI.

GTFO

It is ridiculous, Kyrie is not on the same level as AI

Edit: I'm going a lil overboard, mostly just to prove a point and to troll a troll. But AI's career > Kyries. -let's wait til Kyrie is done, then compare the 2

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

AI put up 33 and 7 the minute they changed the rules in 2005 and he was 30 years old and past his athletic peak.

Put peak AI in today's league and we aren't even having this discussion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Kyrie is not a better shooter from anywhere on the floor

He has better handles and finishes better with his left hand, I'll give him that.

People on ISH get sofa king caught up in the moment.

Last week Westbrook was better than MJ and the best pg of all time.

Today, Kyrie is better than AI.

GTFO

It is ridiculous, Kyrie is not on the same level as AI

Edit: I'm going a lil overboard, mostly just to prove a point and to troll a troll. But AI's career > Kyries. -let's wait til Kyrie is done, then compare the 2
    This.

Kyrie has a L O T of improving to do if you want to go there. For starts, Kyrie couldn't take the punishment Iverson was dealt every time he drove the ball. One of the toughest S.O.B.'s to play the game.

cool guy

With the exception of durability and probably defense, I think Kyrie is the superior offensive player, better handles, better shooter, better finisher at the rim.

If Kyrie from now on will carry his team to the playoffs without any other superstars for basically 10 years then I might agree with you.

Okay, I will make it 7 years.
    Last edited by WallIn; 03-13-2015 at 08:04 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Kyrie has a L O T of improving to do if you want to go there. For starts, Kyrie couldn't take the punishment Iverson was dealt every time he drove the ball. One of the toughest S.O.B.'s to play the game.
    They're completely different players. AI in his prime was an animal when it came to getting to the basket.

Kyrie is much more clinical with his scoring. A three here, a midrange pullup there, get through the lane, etc.

AI has become so underrated in the last five years it isn't even funny. I understand that he happened to come along in the post-Jordan apocalypse that was the NBA. Interest really waned in those years and AI also -- fairly or unfairly -- came to represent a brand of basketball (Marbury, Francis, etc) that later became a punching bag by the analytics generation.

But, in decrying that style of playing, people have apparently forgotten how damn good Iverson was in the early to mid-2000s. He was one of the best pure scorers in NBA history and a completely unique player. Small in stature with a fiercely physical game.

I don't like this comparison at all. Aside from insane handles and an ability to finish in traffic, they have very little in common. Their respective approaches are totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Without question... only thing Iverson is better than Irving is playing the passing lanes.. that's about it.
    Kill yourself

Without question... only thing Iverson is better than Irving is playing the passing lanes.. that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

But, in decrying that style of playing, people have apparently forgotten how damn good Iverson was in the early to mid-2000s. He was one of the best pure scorers in NBA history and a completely unique player. Small in stature with a fiercely physical game.

I don't like this comparison at all. Aside from insane handles and an ability to finish in traffic, they have very little in common. Their respective approaches are totally different.

haha the only difference I see in their game is AI is a much much better mid range scorer, their mental approach and defense. The "meat" of their game is getting to the basket which both are really good at and both heavily rely on their handles...to say they're completely different players, that's pretty extreme don't you think?

College superstar

Trolling or started watching Bball two years ago?

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Kyrie won about 75 games in 3 seasons before LeBron.

no

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

haha the only difference I see in their game is AI is a much much better mid range scorer, their mental approach and defense. The "meat" of their game is getting to the basket which both are really good at and both heavily rely on their handles...to say they're completely different players, that's pretty extreme don't you think?
    Not at all.

Kyrie relies heavily on his perimeter game. Irving is a borderline elite jumpshooter. That was never Iverson's game, and it didn't matter. He was getting to the basket anyway.

Irving sets his game up with the ability to rain long range jumpers. Defenses have to respect it and that sets up his pull-up and drive game.

Also, like I said... Iverson was a brute despite his stature. Kyrie is far more clinical.

AI used a hammer, Kyrie a scalpel.