NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Default Re: Awkwardness in Life

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Brandon lol
    Ah. Makes more sense now.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Walking directly towards someone, and you both move to get out of each others way, and end up moving in the same direction. Then you both move the opposite way, still in each others paths, all the while getting closer and closer to each other. Sometimes it can get so bad that you end up face to face and you have to sidestep each other.

Brutal.
    Bar none, yup. Everytime you make a move they make the same move. Scary ****?

Walking by someone that you don't like is also hellla awkward. Especially if you see them everyday.

His dad is named Flax.

Banned

lol...not sociable?
    No.

selectively sociable. see, with the ipod, I control who I do and don't talk to. if I don't want to talk to you, I turn up the music and pretend not to know you're alive.

I'm kinda like that too. I'll see people I know in the hallway (we don't have dorms at my school) and I'll either pretend not to see them or just give a casual what up.
    the funniest one is the "ambiguous head nod with ipod on." ie- they're not sure you appreciate the implicit greeting, so they kind of bob their head rhythmically as if they're doing it to the music.

That weird ass smile means that they think you're a freak.
    ...ohhhhh... really? wow, that just put the last 3 years of my life into perspective...

I always think it's kinda awkward when you're just kinda staring off into space, completely out of it and someone thinks that you are staring at them and they kinda look at you like "what the **** are you looking at?" and then you snap outta it and realise what you've been doing.

--small talk with people you know, but not that well. Never really know what to say, or what is considered to be too much/too little info.

--forgetting to zip your fly while subbing a high school class

--toilet paper stuck to the shoe

--eye contact in general (hard for me)

I find having to spend time with people you have absolutely nothing in common with is very hard. Just sparking up any conversation is difficult, especially if the other person isn't putting in the effort to talk or be sociable.

Your thinking in your brain trying to find something funny or clever to say, and eventually it just ends up being something like 'You had a good week?'. They just reply 'Yep thanks'. Your like 'Oh god...now what?'. I have to spend time at university with people I don't like or are just plain unsociable cats.

my mom put condoms in my Christmas stocking when I was younger. She was like "I got you some rubbers."

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I find having to spend time with people you have absolutely nothing in common with is very hard. Just sparking up any conversation is difficult, especially if the other person isn't putting in the effort to talk or be sociable.

Your thinking in your brain trying to find something funny or clever to say, and eventually it just ends up being something like 'You had a good week?'. They just reply 'Yep thanks'. Your like 'Oh god...now what?'. I have to spend time at university with people I don't like or are just plain unsociable cats.
    I hate that.

Banned

welcome to every second of my life at virginia tech.

--small talk with people you know, but not that well. Never really know what to say, or what is considered to be too much/too little info.
    yeah I agree. I like talking with people I don't know at all. but if we've met and absolutely not hit it off, from then on relations with them become unbearably awkward for me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RIMMER
    That weird ass smile means that they think you're a freak.
    Are you serious? I actually thought they liked that.
    Last edited by Hawker; 11-07-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Krust Kingz

explaining to people at karaoke why i may choose culture club, abba dancing queen, wham/george michael songs

in japan most public pools are on a schedule. you pay some fee and you get to stay 2 hours then they make everyone leave for the next group. so once its time to leave i head to locker room which is all open. with out fail when its time to rinse off which is open too people stop and stare. blatantly stop what they are doing or waiting fully clothed to see the foreigners package. I give the mean mug growl i'm gonna rape your moms and sister look no effect!

in japan we play baseball at public parks and stadiums. the first few games we played were at publick parks there were no lockers and many people didnt wear uniforms to the field. well needless to say we were changing clothes in the open down to our underwear in front of all people of all ages. at first it was like wtf is wrong with you people find a bathroom or tree there are kids around now 8 months later its like whadeva! EVERYONE adults children stares at me to see the foreigners package!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

As long as you got a big package, it doesnt matter.

I never really know what to say when people comment on my height (I'm 6'5). I'm like, um, ah......

Also, some of the teachers/administrators at the high schools I sub joke with me and tell me that I look young enough to be a student. Never really sure how to respond to that one other than "thanks!"

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

His dad is named Flax.
    that was good, nice one.

For me, Im pretty tall, 6'7" or 6'8" and sometimes I dont see really short girls coming around a corner and there face bumps right into my ****