Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: Why first grade to 12th is completely useless, including parts of college ..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    What the fvck has that sh*t got to do with fixing a leaky pipe or changing a single mothers oil? Most people would learn that stuff anyway, because it's a part of human nature to be inquisitive. I learnt how to spell, add and subtract before I even went to school, because human beings are naturally inquisitive and you don't need to be in a specific room in a specific building to learn.

Have you done any plumbing before? It's not only about turning wrenches and screw drivers....you need to know how to calculate area, use chemicals/polymers, and how to use power tools.

School is a necessity in this society....even with people being forced to go our citizens are plumb dumb. I don't see how society gets better without it....ppl are ****ing lazy and aren't motivated to learn anymore.

Banned

Default Re: Why first grade to 12th is completely useless, including parts of college ..

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Have you done any plumbing before? It's not only about turning wrenches and screw drivers....you need to know how to calculate area, use chemicals/polymers, and how to use power tools.

School is a necessity in this society....even with people being forced to go our citizens are plumb dumb. I don't see how society gets better without it....ppl are ****ing lazy and aren't motivated to learn anymore.
    Basic calculation and use of power tools, yeah you sure need to spend 40 hours a week for 13 years locked in a room with 30 kids and one disinterested adult to do that....

Have you considered that forcing people to go and claiming it is a necessity are some of the reasons why people are dumb? We are all Pavlov's dog's making someone miserable (by sending them to be locked in a room with 30 kids and one disinterested adult for 40 hours a week) is perhaps a disincentive to learn. Teaches kids to associate learning with misery so it's not something they seek out, and with schools working on a curriculum based system everyone ends up with the same basic level of knowledge and no one seeks out anything else because they associate learning with misery.