NBA lottery pick

Default Have Any you guys done Pilates?

How was it?

I got invited to a class and I read about it online but I wanna get the opinion of some real bros. my girl says that's gay but I kinda wanna try it still

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Have Any you guys done Pilates?

I know Ben Gordon does it and he pushes like 150 lb dumbells with ease lol.

Theres one exercise u do where u flatten your stomach on the ground then you flutter your legs in a controlled motion. A hundred times.

That's solid core work right there.

IIt look kinda gay but Pilates strengthen your core to the point where you can do most exercises. Most people only lift weights and think they are strong but they just look big. If you want real strength so you can get bigger it is good to work on your core.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    IIt look kinda gay but Pilates strengthen your core to the point where you can do most exercises. Most people only lift weights and think they are strong but they just look big. If you want real strength so you can get bigger it is good to work on your core.
    Have you done it before?

I read it makes your strokes in bed better too, that's good. Lol

Like Moe said it's got the same reputation as yoga where most guys will avoid doing it because it has a mainly female following. I've never done it myself but I've heard good things from some of the fittest people I know.

I know I was apprehensive about yoga because of its rep but I bought some dvds and tried it at home and now I do it 2-3 days a week without fail. I'd say maybe just do the same and see if you like it. Instead of signing up for a class or something just order some pilates dvds and do it at home. If nothing else you can at least watch the hot chicks on the dvd

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Have you done it before?

I read it makes your strokes in bed better too, that's good. Lol
    I did for awhile and everything that builds your core up will do that anyways .

just do deadlift no reason for gay stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    I know Ben Gordon does it and he pushes like 150 lb dumbells with ease lol.

Theres one exercise u do where u flatten your stomach on the ground then you flutter your legs in a controlled motion. A hundred times.

That's solid core work right there.
    I believe you keep your legs elevated and flutter your arms while keeping your your shoulders engaged. The hundred is one of the basic pilates moves like literally the stuff they start you with. You almost can never master Pilates because there always another technique to make it harder. Look at this guy. He moves like he's in a cartoon.

It's very good for core work and alignment issues....particularly the work on the equipment. Once you start get older and getting injured, your body can easily go out of alignment, you start using your good leg to compensate for your bad and soon things are completely out of whack.

A lot of dancers turn to Pilates after they get injured. Women love it because it's about making long, lean muscles
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 01-05-2014 at 09:19 PM.

I have no experience with Pilates but it just seems like a different form of Yoga working on the same things (strengthening the core and increasing flexibility.) If that be the case then yea it's awesome because core strength and flexibility are the two most important things a person can have fitness wise.

Only very ignorant people would think it's "gay"... or trolls.

I used to go to this studio, http://www.onlinehardcorepilates.com/. it's a pretty good workout. the guy who runs the studio used to run track and field (i think he was going in the olympic trials as well but not certain) and turned to Pilates after he got injured and became a believer. there are different ways to do pilates with different difficulty levels. i've done floor pilates which i felt was too easy, but the studio i posted uses the reformer machines which can really kick your ass.
    Last edited by rezznor; 01-06-2014 at 02:51 PM.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Peyton Manning did a lot of pilates for his rehab after the neck injury. The improved core strength is a huge factor in his career resurgence.

Not gay in the least bit.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Peyton Manning did a lot of pilates for his rehab after the neck injury. The improved core strength is a huge factor in his career resurgence.

Not gay in the least bit.
    Yeah, plenty of football and basketball players do Pilates. I know Antonio Brown does it during the offseason. It seems like a great way to work unconventional muscle areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    I have no experience with Pilates but it just seems like a different form of Yoga working on the same things (strengthening the core and increasing flexibility.) If that be the case then yea it's awesome because core strength and flexibility are the two most important things a person can have fitness wise.

Only very ignorant people would think it's "gay"... or trolls.
    Pilates is a lot like yoga yes.

Bros underestimate core strengthening exercises. They are great for your body and will make you stronger and more capable of raising more weights when you go to the gym anyways....

Pilates is a lot like yoga yes.

Bros underestimate core strengthening exercises. They are great for your body and will make you stronger and more capable of raising more weights when you go to the gym anyways....
    part of the reason they discount yoga is honestly, they are intimidated by it. we have a yoga class once a week at the crossfit box i go to, and all the guys who are crushing it on WODs in crossfit are having alot of trouble with Yoga. the don't have the balance and flexibility yet.