Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #16
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: In memoriam: Ben Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Actually Benji's #25 has become a Simeon tradition. The best player on the team wears the #25.

I spend a little time in Chicago every year but had never heard the story until two years ago. Unbelievable story and truly tragic that it is not something that more people know of.
I know, they did a story on D. Rose and Simeon after hey won a state title.

Some pastor hooked them up with stock in Nike (idk how that's legal) lol.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Actually Benji's #25 has become a Simeon tradition. The best player on the team wears the #25.

I spend a little time in Chicago every year but had never heard the story until two years ago. Unbelievable story and truly tragic that it is not something that more people know of.
They retired it a couple years ago. D-Rose was the last one to wear it at Simeon.

Hopefully the tradition of former Simeon players to wear the number at Illinois will continue, starting with Jabari Parker in three years.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #18
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
They retired it a couple years ago. D-Rose was the last one to wear it at Simeon.
Had no clue they stopped it. I'm kind of disappointed. I liked that part of the story; I felt like it helped keep the story fresh in the minds of people that should continually remember it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Hopefully the tradition of former Simeon players to wear the number at Illinois will continue, starting with Jabari Parker in three years.
Oh, wow. You mean Parker is only a sophomore? I had been thinking he's a junior all this time. If he continues to improve at his current rate he's gonna be ridiculous. Of course if that happens I pray he doesn't go to UoI because you will be insufferable with the bragging.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #19
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation
Default Re: In memorandum: Ben Wilson

Yep, just a sophomore. He and Tommy Hamilton might be the best 1-2 in the state of Illinois in any class in a long time. I don't think either of their recruitments end any time soon. Parker definitely likes Illinois but everyone will be involved in his recruitment. Same with Hamilton, but it would probably be accurate to say he favors Illinois early in the process.

This story is 100 percent true, and I know it because I witnessed it directly in front of me; my friends and I got the best seats we could at Midnight Madness last Friday, and by chance it happened to be right behind all the recruits in attendance. Jabari Parker is a late arrival, and when he took his seat, it didn't just turn the heads of the fans, but the recruits too. It was a legitimate buzz amongst the recruits, many of whom are highly-touted prospects themselves.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
Blzrfn
Decent playground baller

Blzrfn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: In memorandum: Ben Wilson

This is a tragedy that too many people don't know about or remember, which is ashame. Such a senseless death.

I wonder how different the 90's would have been with Magic Johnson 2.0(Nick Anderson described Ben as Magic with a jump shot), Len Bias, Hank Gathers, and Sabonis playing in Portland several years earlier.
Blzrfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #21
TLSubmit
Banned

TLSubmit has an OK reputation so far
Default Hey

Hey im new here.

Nice to meet everyone!
Hope you all have a good day
TLSubmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #22
TLSubmit