Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default So here's the leftover shooters we should target

And this is a list of the guys we maybe can actually AFFORD. I'm really only listing guys who can play small forward, even if they are a natural 2, because that's where we're lacking. So don't expect 6'2" guys on the list.

Michael Finley (37%, 132 made)
Kareem Rush, 6'6" (38.9%, 102 3s made, only 71 games played)
Ricky Davis, 6'6" (40.5%, 135 3s made)
Ryan Gomes, 6'7" (33%, 59 made)-restricted

I left off Fred Jones (38.5%, 74 made, only 70 games) because he's only 6'2". There's no use getting a backcourt guy to shoot our 3s if he'll barely get on the floor.

I also left off Gordan Giricek (he played for us last year and I know he wouldn't come back), Dorrell Wright (can't shoot), Sasha Vujacic (can't afford or Lakers would match), Juan Dixon (guard, too short), and JR Smith (can't afford or Nuggets would match).

I put Ricky Davis on there because he's a 14ppg scorer that nobody wants so he might have to settle for cheap. I know what people think of him though. Bad influence/teammate, chucker, etc.

I say we go hard after Kareem Rush and Michael Finley hoping ONE of them will come to us. I doubt Finley will, but we could have a legit chance at Kareem Rush.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 07-25-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: So here's the leftover shooters we should target

Cross Ersan Ilyasova off the list. He hasn't played in the NBA since 06-07 and apparently in 2007 signed a two year contract to play for Barcelona.
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiafan
Cross Ersan Ilyasova off the list. He hasn't played in the NBA since 06-07 and apparently in 2007 signed a two year contract to play for Barcelona.
i overlooked that
Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What kind of contract are you expecting Rush to take?

Finley would rather sign with a title contender and get the same amount of $$$ he would with the Sixers. Ricky Davis isnt as big of a trouble maker as folks claim he is. But i dont see him here either.

Sixers wont add a shooter. They will stick to the meat of the team as of today. Add some filler.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What kind of contract are you expecting Rush to take?

Finley would rather sign with a title contender and get the same amount of $$$ he would with the Sixers. Ricky Davis isnt as big of a trouble maker as folks claim he is. But i dont see him here either.

Sixers wont add a shooter. They will stick to the meat of the team as of today. Add some filler.
They've gotta at least get a backup sf. But as for a shooter I think it comes around the deadline when they realize they're not going anywhere without one.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

i say we get Kareem Rush
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
C.L.W. "DatDude"
Banned

C.L.W. "DatDude" has an OK reputation so far

yeah rush is the best option
C.L.W. "DatDude" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Rush was my pick too, maurice evans can be added to that list too now that he's not signing with golden state

9.3 ppg, 49%, 39% on 3s, 81 3s made in 75 games

2nd round against detroit averaged 9.6 ppg, 59.4% shooting, and 43.8% from 3 (7 of 16)
Old 07-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

would u mind having ricky davis backing up thad? he sort of scares me because hes sort of a closet chucker.

but yea ill take kareem rush.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
would u mind having ricky davis backing up thad? he sort of scares me because hes sort of a closet chucker.

but yea ill take kareem rush.
I wouldn't want him. Just threw him out there to get peoples responses. But I'm hoping for a trade more than anything. I think the thought of a minimum salary guy backing up Thad scares me more than Davis.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

def rush especially after he killed us with 3's last year.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #12
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

cross mo evans off the list
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #13
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

I would certainly go with Rush i'm not sure what type of money we can offer him.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: