Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The official praise Larry Hughes for one day thread, finally

Amazing win tonight. I hope we can get one more win on this circus trip.

Larry Hughes, enjoy this day. I hope he makes it a habit.

Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The official praise Larry Hughes for one day thread, finally

Larry did good tonight.

Not to steal his moment though, I thought Nocioni really had a strong game tonight. It really does seem like Noc is one of the guys that really gets what is happening with Rose on the floor.

Also, how bad is Noah's conditioning that he waived himself out of the game after 8 minutes?
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:55 AM   #3
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Also, how bad is Noah's conditioning that he waived himself out of the game after 8 minutes?

Noah doesn't deserve to play in the NBA unless he changes his attitude .
Old 11-25-2008, 03:35 AM   #4
ChiBulls7
www.droseroy.com

ChiBulls7 has decent reputationChiBulls7 has decent reputation

Larry has been playing within the offense the last few games. Still don't like the guy but at least he's contributing. The same can't be said for the invisible man (Deng).
ChiBulls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

First everyone hated Gordon, then all of a sudden he strings together a group of games averaging like 25 PPG, and he's all of a sudden okay again. Then Hughes plays two good games out of the last 3, and he's in better graces than Deng who played injured, yet over the 6 games prior to the injury game was averaging 18PPG, and shooting 43%.

Is there some type of asinine logic that makes people think somehow if they hate on a player on some message board it will motivate him to play good so they can jump back on his bandwagon?

The fairweather fans kill me.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Not to steal his moment though, I thought Nocioni really had a strong game tonight. It really does seem like Noc is one of the guys that really gets what is happening with Rose on the floor.

I thought I was the only one who noticed. He's been attacking the hoop lately and playing fairly aggressive. I really wondered why VDN didn't put him into the starting lineup when Deng went down. That just shows bad coaching.

Also in an interview on WGN, Rose admitted to having good chemistry with Nocioni, and that was way back before the Indiana game. I'm still annoyed to see he hasn't even attempted the lineup I suggested before:

PG: Rose
SG: Deng
SF: Nocioni
PF: Thomas
C: Gooden

I think that lineup gives a good mix of defense and rebounding.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
First everyone hated Gordon, then all of a sudden he strings together a group of games averaging like 25 PPG, and he's all of a sudden okay again. Then Hughes plays two good games out of the last 3, and he's in better graces than Deng who played injured, yet over the 6 games prior to the injury game was averaging 18PPG, and shooting 43%.

Is there some type of asinine logic that makes people think somehow if they hate on a player on some message board it will motivate him to play good so they can jump back on his bandwagon?

What else do you expect from fans? It's like having a best-friend that just stops hanging out with you. Are you going to still think the same of that person? There will be a difference in perception as long as the problem still exists.

Same goes with basketball fans. If players stop performing, they're going to be in the doghouse.

The reason Deng is getting such a bad wrap is because he always has some kind of injury during the circus trip, and has been playing like it's HIS rookie year this entire season. Larry Hughes is widely disliked by most fans around the NBA, and still remains to be that way until this day, he just finally did something significant again. Definitely long overdue. Ben Gordon, he pulled a rabbit out of the hat and fooled everyone. For a while there it looked like he was on his way to a break-out season, then regressed back into the "Okay, I'll dribble the ball for 10 seconds and then try to shoot it!" Ben Gordon. He completely stopped distributing the ball once again and his shot just is not falling anymore. Nothing is more annoying than inconsistency.

A player only deserves full respect if they can produce consistently, not just once in a while and then suck again for a couple weeks.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I've never been a big fan of Hughes, but I like what he's doing right now. His jumpshot is still inconsistent but he has lessen the bad shots he takes. he seem to understand that all he has to do is give the ball to rose and cut, spot-up or whatever. Just give the ball to the young kid and you'll look good in the end. Something gordon and deng should start doing.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

I understand what you are saying but I don't think what we are doing is really an example of bandwagon fans.

Larry is unpopular because of his contract and attitude. He is on record saying things like padding his stats is more important than winning games and other such nonsense that will infuriate fans.

I certainly wont be inviting Tyrus Thomas over to my house for the holidays, but that doesn't mean I wont give him his due if he helps win a game like Larry did last night. This is just a tumultuous time to be a Bulls fan.

We each know the Bulls lucked out in the draft and we can feel that Rose is a player to restore the Bulls name on the highest level of NBA basketball. However, each of us knows enough basketball and the team itself to know that the majority of this team wont be part of the resurrection.

We have a front office that is afraid to spend the money required to build a championship caliber team and a GM that is afraid to make the moves necessary to upgrade the team. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place and the feeling sucks.

I believe that all we are asking for as fans is some type of consistent performance from the players. We all know that even the best of players can have a bad night, but "disappearing" for weeks or months at a time wont cut it anymore. The future is too bright with Rose in the drivers seat and we are anxious to get there.

Rose) Love him

Hinrich) I like him but I have come to accept the fact that he is not part of the plans. I hope he lands somewhere where he will be happy.

Deng) I have always been been lukewarm towards him, it's only getting icy now.

Nocioni) Lukewarm towards him but he has really grown on me this season due to his play with Rose.

Hughes) Two years left on that contract right? Counting the days...

Noah) I used to like him but I am disgusted now. This guy has actually regressed this year!

Ruffin) Who the hell is Ruffin????

Simmons) I think I would rather see Gene Simmons on the team. At least Gene can sing "Rock And Roll All Night" and it would be fun to see him chase the cheerleaders around. Cedric Simmons?

Gray) Big kid, athletically challenged body. What I like is that I know he is trying his best even though it ultimately wont be good enough. He showed to be smart and a team player dropping a whopping 30lbs this summer. His brain wants to do the right things, his body just betrays him when he tries.

Thomas) Just short of a deathwish. Get him off the team.

Gordon) Never liked his attitude. I get irritated each time I see him hogging the ball when Rose is on the floor. Just catch and shoot please or good luck to him this summer with his new team/contract.

Sefalosha) I can live with him getting a few minutes a game. I like his hustle and defense. Will he ever learn how to put the ball in the basket though?

Hunter) I am actually thankful we have him this year. I think he will be an excellent mentor to Rose.

But if any of these guys can hit a game winning shot I will say thank you to them.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 11-28-2008 at 05:16 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #10
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
I thought I was the only one who noticed. He's been attacking the hoop lately and playing fairly aggressive. I really wondered why VDN didn't put him into the starting lineup when Deng went down. That just shows bad coaching.

Also in an interview on WGN, Rose admitted to having good chemistry with Nocioni, and that was way back before the Indiana game. I'm still annoyed to see he hasn't even attempted the lineup I suggested before:

SG: Deng
SF: Nocioni
PF: Thomas
C: Gooden

I think that lineup gives a good mix of defense and rebounding.

I'd rather see...

SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Andres Nocioni
C: Noah

Bench

PG: Lindsay Hunter
SG: Larry Hughes
SF: Tyrus Thomas
PF: Aaron Gray
C: Drew Gooden
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 PM   #11
Dat1
I brick open layups

Dat1 has an OK reputation so far

I knew larry hughes was gonna make an impact when he came back
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #12
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I was at this game with a throwback Bulls jersey and a pair of Jordans....Jazz fans were salty!

My observations:
Rose, Gooden and Gordon carried us...

Noc and Hughes did decent...

Noah, Deng, Sef, Ty, and Hunter were taking up space....

Gray actually showed some signs this game even though he looks like he needs a LOT of conditioning and footwork training.

Go Bulls!

B. Griffin in 2009!

Last edited by Go Getter : 11-28-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: