Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far
Default DaJuan Summers vs Earl Clark

Who do you guys like more, who do you think will make a better pro. I like Summers hes more rugged and i think hes a better finisher around the hoop. Clark i think is more athletic and could potentially be a Danny Granger type with less in youre face defense, but he gets too streaky for me. Both can play the 3 at the next level. Who ya got?
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: DaJuan Summers vs Earl Clark

I guess it really comes down to what you are looking for. Summers is a far better shooter, and is more advanced on the offensive end overall, but Clark does everything else better. I don't know if Clark can score like Granger, but I do think he can hang around in the pros and help out some teams. Summers might be considered a better pro because of his shooting, but I do question if he is good enough in other areas to be a good starter.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #3
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far

earl clark /end thread
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
eprizzle14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
earl clark /end thread
Im interested to hear youre reasoning Mr. Iwant Tokillathread
Old 01-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
daydreamin
I airball my layups

daydreamin has an OK reputation so far

I love Earl Clark as a prospect. He is so athletic for being 6'9. He has got a smooth jumper and has a real nice offensive game. He could definitely work on his handles, but I think he is much more talented and will be a better player in the NBA. There aren't many 6'9 players like Earl. He will be a sick SF.
daydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I prefer Dajuan Summers, I feel like he's the most NBA ready wing player along with Sam Young.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

I'll take Tyler Smith over all three of these guys. He's got a nose for the ball, hustles all the time, athletic, runs the floor, rebounds, gritty and plays tough man d...and has to work on his jumper but that's ok. He's all intangibles with and NBA ready body and there will always be place for a guy like that in the NBA. He may not have the highest ceiling but is the most ready to contribute to a team right away.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #8
eprizzle14

I think Tyler Smith is solid but hes not great athlete ,nor a slouch but at best i see a Stephan Jackson hopefully with a higher IQ and more ball handling
Old 02-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprizzle14
I think Tyler Smith is solid but hes not great athlete ,nor a slouch but at best i see a Stephan Jackson hopefully with a higher IQ and more ball handling

I bet any Raps fan would tell ya we'd kill to have anything resembling a SJax at the wing right now...lol
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
eprizzle14

Offensively I'd rather have Anthony Parker then Jackson. Shoots a better % and doesnt force up stupid shots. I think Clark and Summers will be better then Smith
Old 02-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Clark is going to break some people's hearts. He's a great prospect, but he tends to drift in and out of games, never seems as assertive as he should be. He'll be a good pro though, the kind of guy who'll always be an asset to a good team. But those first few years, when the team that took him in the top ten is still thinking he's going to be a franchise fixture, and he's making one or two plays a week that get fans thinking he could break out and be an all star, but it just won't all come together at once. If anyone remember Derrick McKey, he was almost the same guy, and always got a bad rap for not doing more, even though he was doing a little of everything. It always seemed like he was capable of more.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #12
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

1-griffen
2-fariq-aminu
3-tyler smith
4-j johnson
5-summers
6-earl clark

I like this years group of sf's. Griffen just reminds me so much of linas kleiza but better. Playing college center doesn't always show the type of nba player you'll be. I see austin day as needing another year, and being a pf on the next level. I like sam young but think he needs to be a 2 to play in the nba

Summers vs clark? I would take summers but I can understand the draw of the "potential" of clark, he has the body and athletisim edge for sure
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: