Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
tedloc
Serious playground baller

tedloc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Amare Stoudamire anyone?

you never know...

amare wants to be the face of the franchise, he wants to be "the guy"

the reason he hates phoenix is 'cause they brought in shaq and it ate up his
numbers, also nash and shaq get all the spotlight now... it used to be build around amare... now it's build around nash

i could see him happy in memphis... but you'd have to give up a whole lot more than conley... maybe conley and gay and picks
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Well the grizz turned down a trade for amare yesterday so it look like he is not coming to memphis. But after hearing what they wanted im glad we didnt trade.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #18
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Well the grizz turned down a trade for amare yesterday so it look like he is not coming to memphis. But after hearing what they wanted im glad we didnt trade.

Wow that suprises me- I see getting one of the best players in the world would be a great move- I don't think conley should be a reason not to make this move- if you look 3 years down the road to have gay, conley + warrick may cost 6-8 million more than the salary slot

Gay is a big loss but the trade should be a no brainer
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #19
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Wow that suprises me- I see getting one of the best players in the world would be a great move- I don't think conley should be a reason not to make this move- if you look 3 years down the road to have gay, conley + warrick may cost 6-8 million more than the salary slot

Gay is a big loss but the trade should be a no brainer

Don't be dumb, amare wouldnt resign we would basically be renting him for 1 year. I rather keep our pieces.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I have been thinking it over. And I think the grizz should make the trade. Amare is an mvp canidate and those are hard to come by. Rudy gay at his best could maybe earn an all star spot.

I look at the combo of conley mayo and gay. And I see the sonics when they had allen and lewis with ridnour at the point. That team was fun to watch and they won 50 games a few times. But they only got out of the first round one time I think. And that was in like five seasons. My point is the grizz are on a three year plan to get back into the playoffs. With amare you could be fighting for a ring in three years instead.

You draft jennings or a wing player with your pick. Then you sign sessions or a good small forward with your cap space. This team could be in the thick of things again.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #21
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Do you not understand that Amare would not re-sign with us?
Old 02-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #22
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

Do you guys realize how dumb it would be to trade Rudy, Hak & Conley for Amar'e when it doesn't instantly make us much better and there is no guarantee he will resign.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #23
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
Do you guys realize how dumb it would be to trade Rudy, Hak & Conley for Amar'e when it doesn't instantly make us much better and there is no guarantee he will resign.

He WOULDN'T re-sign no way in hell.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:44 AM   #24
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
He WOULDN'T re-sign no way in hell.

Who cares. We would have 30 million dollars for the free agent class in 2010. We could throw huge money at anyone of those amazing free agents. I think that us making a push in the playoffs next year would show that the grizz are for real about winning. We could buy a team if we couldnt sign one of those greats in 2010. Its worht gamble. But I understand everyones gripe.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #25
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Who cares. We would have 30 million dollars for the free agent class in 2010. We could throw huge money at anyone of those amazing free agents. I think that us making a push in the playoffs next year would show that the grizz are for real about winning. We could buy a team if we couldnt sign one of those greats in 2010. Its worht gamble. But I understand everyones gripe.
Alot of teams will have cap space. We would have the cap space to put together a nice team, but I just don't see any big name free agents coming here.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #26
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Don't be dumb, amare wouldnt resign we would basically be renting him for 1 year. I rather keep our pieces.

explain how you know he would leave memphis. You know hed turn down the extra 20 million to resign w his own team? Even kenyon martin and rashard lewis's teams got paid off for their players leaving- kmart 3 1st rd picks

Don't fall in love with your own players should be an important thing to remember- stoudimire is a lot better than the players you want to hold onto- there are atleast 5 pg's in this upcoming draft that will be better than conley and possibly that many the next year- lot of pg's coming

Last edited by el gringos : 02-15-2009 at 03:23 PM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #27
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

because he is a superstar and no superstars want to play in memphis right now?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #28
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
because he is a superstar and no superstars want to play in memphis right now?

Actually amare likes memphis. He has alot of family heare and he was commited to play college ball here but decided to go pro instead.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #29
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Yeah, Amare would not sign back up with us unless he gets 30 FGA he is that selfish.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: