Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
Hoyascheerfan

Default Georgetown wins...Goes to Elite 8

Hoya Fans-

The Georgetown/Vanderbilt game was such a close call, literally down to the wire. It all came town to Junior Forward Jeff Green. He hit an unbelievable, off-balance bank shot with 2.5 seconds left in the game. Now we are back in the Elite Eight for the first time in a decade. GET EXCITED HOYA FANS!!!!!!!! We are in it to win it this team. Ralling from an eight-point halftime deficit to earn the victory and show that we are here to stay.

Our basketball team/school needs our support. I just found a site where Georgetown has been voted as one of four Pontiac Game Changing Performance Teams. If you want to show the team how important they are to the school then go to www.ncaasports.com/pontiac and vote for the Hoya Game Changing Moment. See all you Hoya fans in the Elite Eight!!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Georgetown wins...Goes to Elite 8

In good conscience, I could never bring myself to vote for the Jeff Green's "gamewinner". It would be just as bad as if I voted for Julian Wright's 0:00 "layup".
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

ThaKing has an OK reputation so far

what 0.00 second layup are you referring to?
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKing
what 0.00 second layup are you referring to?
Shotclock, not gameclock, during the SIU game. That one shouldn't have counted either.
I shouldn't have put as zero in front of ":00". It was confusing and a mistake.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 03-24-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

Why would you bring that up? It was in the first five minutes of the game, and had no real effect on the outcome. & by the way the clock said 0 when it was still in his hand but the backboard had not yet lit up and thats what the refs go by.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKing
Why would you bring that up? It was in the first five minutes of the game, and had no real effect on the outcome. & by the way the clock said 0 when it was still in his hand but the backboard had not yet lit up and thats what the refs go by.
I brough it up because it shouldn't have counted just like Jeff Green's shouldn't have counted.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

But it wasn't a "Pontiac Game Changing Performance" like Greens shot was, therefor the two should not be compared.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:17 AM   #8
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Too bad you won on a bullsh!t non-call. Green traveled by switching pivots during his shot. Vandy should have won this game. They deserved it.

Also, about the Kansas game....Kansas got away with not only that shot clock violation, but also a goaltending in the second half. The refs also didnt see the ball hit the rim on an SIU shot and called it a shot clock violation after they got the offensive board.

Last edited by IlliniFan : 03-24-2007 at 11:19 AM.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

I will agree that the officials weren't the best in the Kansas vs. SIU game, but its not like we blew a 12 point lead with 4 minutes left...

Fact is we were in position to win that game the whole time, thanks or no thanks to the spotty officiating.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Too bad you won on a bullsh!t non-call. Green traveled by switching pivots during his shot. Vandy should have won this game. They deserved it.

It wasn't a travel. It was a slow developing spin move. How did Vandy deserve it? They went to the FT line a couple times at the end for no reason at all. The awkward white guy dribbled into Green, fell over and somehow Green gets called for the foul just because that guy was clumsy. And, I'm getting a little tired of those ***** 3-point teams like Vandy that need to jack up a 3 every other shot because they can't hang straight up. They need to move the 3-point line back.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #11
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
It wasn't a travel. It was a slow developing spin move. How did Vandy deserve it? They went to the FT line a couple times at the end for no reason at all. The awkward white guy dribbled into Green, fell over and somehow Green gets called for the foul just because that guy was clumsy. And, I'm getting a little tired of those ***** 3-point teams like Vandy that need to jack up a 3 every other shot because they can't hang straight up. They need to move the 3-point line back.
i agree with you b/c if i was the ref i wouldnt call a travel and he shouldnt have anybody would have known it was a deserving win and good shot.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: