Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

Quote Originally Posted by beasly15
    before i start a thread, game 2 should be some a really good game. they've studied each other so we might see rondo go off and howard get some.

it really is good nba, even though i want magic to win. right now, the celtics look like cold blooded killaz. amazing defense, but that's with poor offense from the top scorers in orlando.

I'll say it right now. i want orlando to win, but if boston advances... i want them to win cause of the shit kobe talked about them. "they don't wanna see me"

they saw yo ass already,kobe!!!!!!
    kobe will go balistic on tha celtics

Default Re: Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    kobe will go balistic on tha celtics
    i wanna see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Doesn't change the fact that Rondo is better.
    He's not as effective when being guarded by PG's that are as quick as him.

Almost anyone can dominate Carlos Arroyo and Playoff-Mo.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beasly15
    i wanna see that.
    i dont know if u wanna witness that man

National High School Star MrUnstopable's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    He's not as effective when being guarded by PG's that are as quick as him.

Almost anyone can dominate Carlos Arroyo and Playoff-Mo.
    He sure doesn't look like a "Superstar" does he? Thats my point. He missed so many layups that he made the last 2 series. Different ball game.

Default Re: Orlando will still win in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
    I am sure you have a better one right? Once again an Overreacting fan. Exhibit A.
    You have to admit, there is much to be desired when it comes to Dwight's offensive game. If Dwight has a good game offensively, the Magic could have easily won considering how close they were in the end.

In the end it's a team effort, but going 3-10 in your most important game of the season thus far further illustrates Dwight has issues coming up big in big time games. This doesn't change the fact he's a superstar, but 3-10 surely isn't superstar numbers.

He sure doesn't look like a "Superstar" does he? Thats my point. He missed so many layups that he made the last 2 series. Different ball game.
    Exactly.

He's still a great player, but don't expect triple-doubles this time around. Not from him, any way.

Stan Van believes in adjustments.

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

Back in November when Orlando and Boston played, I remember Dwight Howard commenting on Perkins. Can't remember it word for word but it was something about Kendrick being the toughest defender against him. I'm sure there's a better source somewhere out there but this is what I could find..

http://sportsblog.projo.com/2009/11/...os-dwight.html

And we didn't have Rasheed at that time either. Does anyone remember Magic-Celtics last year? When Howard was complaining about not getting the ball? I hope they get him the ball, its not going to make a difference with Kendrick on him and Sheed ready to foul him before he even thinks about an easy shot. Over the summer, Perkins lost 20 something lbs so he could run up and down the court and mentioned something about keeping up with Dwight Howard. I think if Howard really wants to make a strong presence in this game, its going to be through defense because he's not suddenly going to become a scoring machine over Kendric, maybe other centers.

College star

just like dwight who looked like a bench scrub like last year against the lakers..

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    You have to admit, there is much to be desired when it comes to Dwight's offensive game. If Dwight has a good game offensively, the Magic could have easily won considering how close they were in the end.

In the end it's a team effort, but going 3-10 in your most important game of the season thus far further illustrates Dwight has issues coming up big in big time games. This doesn't change the fact he's a superstar, but 3-10 surely isn't superstar numbers.
    The only reason it got close was because the Celtics lead was too big leading to complacency. I don't think this game was really close. Prime Shaq would have scored 43 points and won it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    i dont know if u wanna witness that man
    i'm from houston, i'm pretty sure i'll witness kobe eat up lebron.

that's what i think.

EDIT: kobe won't get through the celtics..

NoLayupsRule2
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Barnes doesn't look healthy, if he did, who knows what the game would have looked like. And if SVG figured out he was unhealthy earlier, Redick would have gotten more playing time and In my opinion Redick is a better defender than Barnes, and that's simply becasue of Brains. Barnes is more aggressive, but Redick is smarter on defense.

Rondo did not look huge on the scoring end today, but he did everything else. His defense was looking shaky against Jameer at the start of the 2nd half, but he picked it up when they called a timeout. Played like an All-NBA First Team defensive player like he was voted as this season.

Quote Originally Posted by mans1ay3r
    Back in November when Orlando and Boston played, I remember Dwight Howard commenting on Perkins. Can't remember it word for word but it was something about Kendrick being the toughest defender against him. I'm sure there's a better source somewhere out there but this is what I could find..

http://sportsblog.projo.com/2009/11/...os-dwight.html

And we didn't have Rasheed at that time either. Does anyone remember Magic-Celtics last year? When Howard was complaining about not getting the ball? I hope they get him the ball, its not going to make a difference with Kendrick on him and Sheed ready to foul him before he even thinks about an easy shot. Over the summer, Perkins lost 20 something lbs so he could run up and down the court and mentioned something about keeping up with Dwight Howard. I think if Howard really wants to make a strong presence in this game, its going to be through defense because he's not suddenly going to become a scoring machine over Kendric, maybe other centers.
    You had Rasheed in November.

Dwight got 5 (in November), 16 (second highest behind Vince in February), 19 (second highest behind Rashard in January), and 9 (second lowest on the team in November).

He definitely has trouble with Perk, but he can get around him (especially since the ASG break). Sheed's stupid ass was present for all of those (sorry for the cheap shot, but I never liked the guy).

Don't let one bad game sway your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by theDragicLegacy
    Dwight doesn't have an offensive game. Every time he tries to create his own shot and it's not a pivot dunk against Al Horford, it usually bricks.

If you weren't a homer you'd be able to admit Dwight has a horrible offensive game
    He has the highest FG% in the league! For the second year in a row!!

You can say he is lacking an offensive repertoire, but you can't say his offense is lacking. The man can score. Efficiently, at that.

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    The only reason it got close was because the Celtics lead was too big leading to complacency. I don't think this game was really close. Prime Shaq would have scored 43 points and won it, though.
    Prime Shaq would be having a long-standing beef with Jameer over not getting the ball enough, and then leaving.