Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Australian NBL

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Australian NBL

The Cats dominating the 36ers was topped off perfectly when williamson faked out ng for a 3 and ng crashed into the boxes hard meanwhile williamson drained the 3 and everyone laughed at ng. Very good night.

Learning to shoot layups haggard's Avatar

yeah, NG crashing into the electronic sign was a hoot... He also copped two bonecrushing screens from Redhage..

Round 6 review is now up, enjoy

Yeah the Wildcats! Shaun Redhage or however it's spelt ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Auka
    Yeah the Wildcats! Shaun Redhage or however it's spelt ftw.
    Yeah, we love Red Dogg, he is awesome.

Round 7 review has now been posted, also we have upgraded the site to allow for easier reading, we hope you enjoy the new look.

Round 9 wrap up just posted

Great win by the 36ers tonight, things seem to be starting to click for them.

Saw a basketball once Saskibaloia's Avatar

Default Who was the NBL's Most Exciting Import EVER?

Who was the NBL's Most Exciting Import EVER?

Since I grew up in the 1990s in Australia, the first player that comes to my mind has got to be Leon "NEON" Trimmingham.

For those of you Aussie basketball fans out there who saw him play would agree with me that this guy could jump out of the building and throw down some of the most menacing dunks EVER.

Individually, he tore up the league and in his first season, he racked up AMAZING numbers: 28 ppg 55 fg%, 11 rppg, 3 bpg!

Being a former Sydney Kings fan, the other import would be Kendrick Johnson and his "West Coast Streetball Style". Though I wasn't a fan of his "Streetball" flair, which did not fit into Brett Brown's fundamental, defensive team oriented basketball style, Johnson still amazed the crowd. I still remember the little fella (only standing at 6'1" 180 lbs) taking a rebound then going coast to coast against the Victoria Titans and then SOARING for a left handed (he was right handed) dunk over Brett Wheeler (6'11" 255 lbs) and The Bear - Tony Ronaldson (6'8" 265 lbs). PURELY AMAZING!

However, in this discussion, we can't leave out James "SHOWTIME" Smith. The guy was so exciting that at the end of his first season, the NBL magazine show decided to give him a full highlight show of all his dunks, blocks, alley oops and other mind blowing moves to the basket. This was another guy who could jump out of the building.

Default Re: Who was the NBL's Most Exciting Import EVER?

Quote Originally Posted by Saskibaloia
    Who was the NBL's Most Exciting Import EVER?

Since I grew up in the 1990s in Australia, the first player that comes to my mind has got to be Leon "NEON" Trimmingham.

For those of you Aussie basketball fans out there who saw him play would agree with me that this guy could jump out of the building and throw down some of the most menacing dunks EVER.

Individually, he tore up the league and in his first season, he racked up AMAZING numbers: 28 ppg 55 fg%, 11 rppg, 3 bpg!

Being a former Sydney Kings fan, the other import would be Kendrick Johnson and his "West Coast Streetball Style". Though I wasn't a fan of his "Streetball" flair, which did not fit into Brett Brown's fundamental, defensive team oriented basketball style, Johnson still amazed the crowd. I still remember the little fella (only standing at 6'1" 180 lbs) taking a rebound then going coast to coast against the Victoria Titans and then SOARING for a left handed (he was right handed) dunk over Brett Wheeler (6'11" 255 lbs) and The Bear - Tony Ronaldson (6'8" 265 lbs). PURELY AMAZING!

However, in this discussion, we can't leave out James "SHOWTIME" Smith. The guy was so exciting that at the end of his first season, the NBL magazine show decided to give him a full highlight show of all his dunks, blocks, alley oops and other mind blowing moves to the basket. This was another guy who could jump out of the building.
    Being a Kings fan I thought you would have called the D-Train the best import ever, he has to be one of my all time favourites and as a Wildcats fan, that's a really tough thing to say, but Neon Leon was bad ass and dude had mad hops.

Saw a basketball once Saskibaloia's Avatar

I would agree that the "D-Train" was one of the best imports in the history of the NBL but I wouldn't put him as the most "exciting" import ever. He was exciting no doubt about that but whether or not he was on the same level of excitment as James "ShowTime" Smith or Leon "Neon" Trimmingham is debateable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saskibaloia
    I would agree that the "D-Train" was one of the best imports in the history of the NBL but I wouldn't put him as the most "exciting" import ever. He was exciting no doubt about that but whether or not he was on the same level of excitment as James "ShowTime" Smith or Leon "Neon" Trimmingham is debateable.
    Yeah, I'll agree with you on that, LT was pure showtime excitement.

My cousin is very good friends with James, she still speaks to him every now and then.

If you are an NBL fan I hope you checkout our blog and if you do, if you have any feedback I would definitely love to hear your thoughts.

The very first basketball game I went to was the very first game Leon Trimmingham played for the 36ers. I was so stoked to go see him play.

Leonard Copeland is another guy you could throw into the mix too.

Bring back the Bullets.

Well it's official, in their domination of the Crocs in what was dubbed the "Valentine's Day Massacre" the Wildcats took the top spot honours and the minor premiership of the NBL for the 09/10 season.

The play offs should be fantastic this year.

Go Wildcats.